Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you reckon the meat industry does to save itself (and fight veg*nism?)

Default Re: What do you reckon the meat industry does to save itself (and fight veg*nism

There's been heaps of dairy ads on TV rectently, as well as some beef and lamb ads

Default Re: What do you reckon the meat industry does to save itself (and fight veg*nism

Quote Prawnil View Post
    I think it involves misplaced respect for a person taking open & full responsibility for something, but while totally ignoring the moral content of what it is that person is taking responsibility for. [...insert useless paedo/Nazi analogy as required]
    It'll be quite some moral landscape when wilful ignorance & inaction are morally worse than the act of killing without necessity itself.
    Thanks for that very useful train of thought, Prawnil. I'll put some thought into it. At this point I neither agree nor disagree with you. I may come to do either. My sense of what is right is challenged constantly; sometimes it's ok, sometimes it matures.

Thanks again. I may come back to you on this point. This is exactly the sort of thing I like to ponder upon when out walking the dog!

I'd be interested to know others' takes on it.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln