Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocolate Decadence Thread - for genuine chocoholics!

Default Re: The Chocolate Decadence Thread - for GENUINE chocoholics!

speaking of spreads, i just bought a peanut-butter and dark chocolate blend...it's divine! even thought it's a peanut and not hazelnut flavor, it reminds me of Nutella. it's made by Peanut Butter & Co. and the jar says "certified vegan" the same company also makes an amazing peanut butter with cinnamon and raisins...i go through those jars so fast!
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

pavotrouge

diez dolares for a jar of chocoreale? Me pays 3 €!

Fresh & Wild have the 365 truffles back in but these are caramel flavour (for 2.69). They also have some walnuts dusted in chocolate in the same brand.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

those plain choc 365 ones are really nice.

Jo won't let me have the coffee ones

Dancingwillow - I've seen those peanut butter co ones in whole foods and it looks goooo-ood. Might have to get some when im in kensington in a couple of weeks.

The caramel 365 truffles are interesting but I prefer the plain ones. Walnuts are nice though!

bryzee why aren't you allowed the coffee truffles? Do they make you hyperactive?! BTW I have 7 bars of the white chocolate . . .
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Jo won'tlet me eat stuff she doesn't like. Simply because I'd eat them all to myself and she'd get no treats. So I just get the ones we're both happy to eat.

Or do it when she's not there :P

7 bars!? blimey! Well i'll be invading croydon if they don't have any at the CWC fayre.

Bryan you don't do that, like with olives, I've conitioned you so well you don't think to eat them...even when I am not around!

Joeybee you are going about it all wrong - let him have a box of coffee ones by all means, but only on condition that you get a box of plain ones all to yourself! Everyone's a winner!

You know what marrers, sometimes that happens
    I am fine with coffe tasting bryan anyway...but my god i cannot stand tomato sauce, red sauce or olives...won't go near him for about a day after!

Chocoreale is definitely killer....I got hooked on it over the summer and now I pick some up whenever i get to Germany. Unfortunately my last trip only provided a single jar...but it looks like I may be back in Berlin next week...stay tuned.
    By the way, one of my colleagues provided this link.
    http://www.purenature.de/shop/artike...cd8c&idkat2=37
    Hey Pavotrouge, got any other links that may ship to the US for less than $10USD/jar?

Quote Marrers View Post
    Joeybee you are going about it all wrong - let him have a box of coffee ones by all means, but only on condition that you get a box of plain ones all to yourself! Everyone's a winner!
    yeah I do that sometimes. Like if I buy a raisin and nut choccy bar, jo has to have wholenut or maya gold. It's a condition.

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    Dancingwillow - I've seen those peanut butter co ones in whole foods and it looks goooo-ood. Might have to get some when im in kensington in a couple of weeks.
    you won't be disappointed
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

Quote Kevster View Post
    They supply some of the Animal Aid chocolate:

http://www.hodchoc.com/

'How long will chocolate last?

Assuming it is stored satisfactorily, it should keep for about a year'

Has anyone tried this out?
    lol...this is an old post, but i was looking through the thread and i saw the title from the corner of my eye and i thought it was talking about the world's supply of chocolate...i must admit i felt a bit of panic until i read about what it was actually referring to.
    ~John Wooden

Lol, that would be something to panic about!

yes, indeed!
    ~John Wooden

:O if chocolate ran out in a year, i'd be wearing black like forever.

Those 365 truffles are sooooo rich and good, i brought coffee ones by mistake once - yuck! my dad loves them and the plain ones I got 2 boxes of plain ones in London last time i was there got to last out til my next visit in Feb 08!

EASY CHEWY BROWNIE COOKIE

1 package (10-15oz) vegan brownie mix
    1/2c flour
    1/4c oil
    enerG egg replacer for 1 egg
    2T water
    1c chocolate chips
    1/2c chopped pecans
    powdered sugar

preheat oven to 35 degrees F
    in a large bowl mix brownie mix and flour. add oil, egg replacer, and water; mix well. add chips and nuts.
    roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. roll in powdered sugar. place 2 inches apart on greased (airbake preferably) 14 x 16 baking sheet.
    bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of cookies begin to crack. do not over bake. immediately remove to cooling rack. cool before serving. makes 2 1/2 dozen.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead

Worshiping goodbyegirl for that decadent looking recipe. I'll go away and drool now.

polished off a bar of organica tonight... had bits of orange in mmmmmmm

Has anyone heard of Linden Lady chocolates? I got a vegan selection made by them last christmas in Waitrose which were very good but they weren't selling them this christmas, just the milk variety. I found a website address for the company but it's not working, so if anyone knows if they still do vegan chocolates and where to get them I'd be grateful.

JC

i was given a bag of vegan crunchie-style chocolates for christmas. they were really nice, but they were bought by mail-order and so quite expensive, so i tried making my own today and it worked really well. i just bought a bag of cinder toffee from julian graves (uk) and dipped them in melted vegan chocolate. i used green and blacks cooking chocolate, but i think that it would be even better with plamil. pop them in the fridge 'til they're set and voila! yum. x

I am glad to see that an earlier post indicated that there are sleep problems related to ingestion of chocolate. I have to be really careful and not be a pig. The idea of eating a whole bar is outrageous - I wouldn't sleep for a week! Chocolate is the only caffeine I ingest so when I have some I really know about it.

I made a humungous chocolate cake today. The icing is best left overnight so if the slavering hoards can keep their hands off it till tomorrow I shall post a pic. The first time I made this cake I was stunned - the icing tastes exactly like cadburys chocolate so if you are missing it ...... this is the cake for you.

4 layers of chocolate sponge inside with topping between the layers - now just need to make up my mind whether to put maya gold chocolate curlz on the top.

This is called double chocolate delight and it is on pp.74 of sinfully vegan. This is the best chocolate cake i have ever made in my entire life and I have made a few! It is also pathetically easy to make.

Make the cake - eat the cake and look like this - .

That looks amazing, I have to get that cookbook

I WANT THAT CAKE!! I love making vegan cake but I don't often get the icing right. Your icing looks perfect vavavegan. I shall have to buy the book.

Quote Eco View Post
    I WANT THAT CAKE!! I love making vegan cake but I don't often get the icing right. Your icing looks perfect vavavegan. I shall have to buy the book.
    I can post it if you like - I think this is ok as long as i plug the book - yes?

Quote vavavegan View Post
    I can post it if you like - I think this is ok as long as i plug the book - yes?
    I expect it's ok, you are crediting the recipe to the author, so yes please!
    I shall still buy the book as I've heard good things about it.

Is it really easy to make? It looks like kind of a complicated cake to me! quite delicious though yet another cookbook to put on my wishlist, I guess x)

“Sinfully Vegan” Book pp 74 – Double Chocolate Delight Chocolate Cake.

Author Lois Dieterly - 2003

Ingredients

Two and a quarter cups unbleached white flour
    One and three quarter cups granulated sweetener like slenda/ sweetex etc.
    Three quarters of a cup of cocoa
    One and a half teaspoons of baking powder
    One and a quarter teaspoons of baking of soda
    Half a teaspoon of salt (I don’t use this)
    One teaspoon of vanilla essence
    2 cups of soy or other non dairy milk
    Quarter of a cup of vegan mayonnaise
    Half a cup of apple sauce
    And cream cheese frosting – to follow

Method

Preheat oven to 375f and coat 2 - 8 inch cake pans with non stick cooking spray. Line the bases with cooking parchment.

In a large bowl combine the flour, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt if using. In another bowl combine the soya milk, mayo, vanilla essence and apple sauce. I whiz these together with a stick whizzer. Slowly pour the wet into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. (I use a balloon whisk for this or you get clumps of flour even if you sieve everything.)

Pour the mixture evenly into the two cake pans and put in the oven for 35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. (I have a dodgy oven and even tho I turn it down to compensate for the dodginess the cakes are still done in 22 mins.) Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting – (or it slides off the top and drips down the sides – trust me)

You can prepare the frosting when the cake is cooking or you can prepare it the day before – it will need to sit in the fridge for an hour or two to thicken before you can put it on the cake.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

12 ounces – one box of firm silken tofu
    8 oz of soy cream cheese such as toffuti which has no casein
    3 cups of powdered sugar (icing sugar)
    Quarter of a cup of unbleached flour
    250 grams of vegan chocolate.

Method

Place tofu in a food processor and process until smooth (you have to use a processor or liquidiser here a whisk doesn’t work) Scrape down the sides as necessary then add the cream cheese and process till smooth. Ad the sugar and flour and process again. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl placed over a pan full of boiling water and then add to the mix and whiz again.

Assembling the Cake
    To make it easier to assemble cut the pointy bit off the top of the cake (it doesn’t taste that good cos it is not too sweet to offset the sweetness of the icing.)
    Then cut both cakes in half horizontally so that you have 4 sponge cakes. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate. Ice top and place another layer on. Continue until you reach the top layer. Place top layer on upside down so that the bottom of that layer is the top of the cake. This makes the top of the cake completely flat and easier to frost. You can decorate with a piping bag if you wish or add sprinkles etc – refrigerate until ready to serve.
    Makes 12 servings
    686 calories per serving! (Freezes and defrosts really well – this bit is me not the author!)

Quote Magenta View Post
    Is it really easy to make? It looks like kind of a complicated cake to me! quite delicious though yet another cookbook to put on my wishlist, I guess x)
    basically you shove all the dry ingredients in one bowl and then shove all the wet ingredients in an other bowl and then mix em together and slop them into the pans. with the topping you just shove everything into a processor and then when it is all combined put the processor in the fridge for a couple of hours to thicken the icing. Even the icing spreads on like a dream!

Really really easy - even a monkey....... no offence meant to monkeys here!

Ooo thanks for putting up the entire recipe. That would be cool to make for a birthday

Quarter of a cup of vegan mayonnaise
    Another classic ingredient from Sinfully Vegan
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Thanks for the choc cake recipe vavavegan.
    I bought a blender ages ago and still unused in it's box so this recipe's a good insentive to use it.

I am glad to see that an earlier post indicated that there are sleep problems related to ingestion of chocolate. I have to be really careful and not be a pig.

me too!

3 small squares of dark choc or 2 (3) truffles MAX or my face feels fuzzy and hot in the night and i feel a bit unwell and wide awake.

Quote Eco View Post
    Thanks for the choc cake recipe vavavegan.
    I bought a blender ages ago and still unused in it's box so this recipe's a good insentive to use it.
    when I blitzed the mix it frothed up and went thick - I looked at it and thought oh that looks like melted ice cream - didn't taste it tho! taste it and let us know! You never know it it tastes good we could add some cocoa and freeze and hey presto we may have chocolate ice cream!

Quote JC View Post
    i was given a bag of vegan crunchie-style chocolates for christmas. they were really nice, but they were bought by mail-order and so quite expensive, so i tried making my own today and it worked really well. i just bought a bag of cinder toffee from julian graves (uk) and dipped them in melted vegan chocolate. i used green and blacks cooking chocolate, but i think that it would be even better with plamil. pop them in the fridge 'til they're set and voila! yum. x

Cinder toffee is dead cheap and easy to make at home. Let me know if you want the recipe.

JC

yes please!!

yes please!!

Cinder toffee (honeycomb)

170g granulated sugar
    60g margarine
    3 tablespoons golden syrup

Boil for 5 minutes. It may start to darken, but don’t let it burn.

2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda

Add and stir well, but don’t stir the bubbles out. Pour into a tray/dish lined with greased foil. Leave for 15 minutes, then drag a knife through to cut into squares. Leave for two hours. Dip in chocolate.

I have another recipe which I'll post when I come across it.

EDIT. You bad lot! I just finished making a batch of this (no will-power). Didn't turn out quite right.... err on the side of caution when adding the syrup, I think I put a bit too much in. Also... don't use foil... it stuck, even though it was greased. I'll used baking parchment next time)

thanks aradia!

Has anyone tried the Montezuma orange and cinnamon truffle eggs at all ? or the cheeky bunnies ? Are they any good
    Or if anyone has any recommendation for good easter bits and bobs (in the UK) I'd love to know, thank you

This thread has made me feel so hungry!

scarlett - I've not tried the Montezuma eggs but I've tried the bar of dark chocolate with orange and geranium, which sounds similar. Delicious and very recommended!

mmm that orange and geranium bar really is delish!

I know! My will power is shrinking.
    The health food shop also do their Ecuador dark choc bar which is supposed to be AMAZING, but it's £2.20 a bar so I'm holding out until next week.
    They do one with chilli in it too - I'm not brave enough for that though!

Thanks guys I guess if they don't like them I'll just have to eat them !!

I really want to try that chilli/choc hot chocolate !

Nice to see you scarlett!

Quote Kevster View Post
    I've got some of that Mora Mora chocolate here in front of me,
    I've finally tried this chocolate and it is amazing!!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I have the chilies & cinnamon hot chocolate ( Dagoba Xocolatl) & chocolate bar it's good. The hot chocolate really warms you up my Mom loves it. If you like hot and spicey try them.

thanks Marrers