Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which state in the USA?

Default Re: Which State in the USA?

Bozeman, Montana! Not many vegans out here but the ones that do live here sure make up for it!

Virginia. And Virginia is stupid as well. :P
    Ninja hug! You never saw it coming!

Wasilla, Alaska! Not too many vegans that I know of, although there is a vegetarian society that holds potlucks monthly.
    Erin

Vegetarian for 8 years, vegan for 2!

Bloomington, IN!

Quote behindblueeyes View Post
    Massachusetts. Pretty good for vegans I think, and an all around nice state. Can be expensive to live here though.
    I plan on visiting some places out west, but will probably always end up back in the new england area.
    I live in NH but on the Mass border and I go to Mass all the time for vegan stuff. It's the best for veganism!!

Santa Clara, CA

Erwin, Tennessee, where people act personally offended by healthy eaters, let alone vegans! Sometimes it's tough being liberal, vegan, and pagan here.

But, on a good note, there is an Earth Fare about 15 miles away and I'm less than an hour away from Asheville, NC. Very vegan-friendly!

Providence, Rhode Island. I love New England, and I appreciate the fact of the veggie/vegan restaurants there are. If anyone is ever in the area, Julians Restaurant on Broadway has the best vegan gingerbread pancakes hands down! Yummm!

RubyDuby

sounds yum!
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Flagstaff, Arizona.
    Don't know any other vegans or vegetarians. There is one vegan restaurant and a good store for produce. Sedona nearby has a raw vegan restaurant. Lots of people here hunt and are involved in ranching. Not a place where vegans can have an easy time. I don't go out to eat so it works for me. The views and out door activities make up for what the town lacks in vegan friendliness.
    pro-vegetable

Tucked in the backwoods between Rochester and Buffalo Ny

RubyDuby

hey there, I'm near there too.

oh thats cool! enjoying the crazy weather?

RubyDuby

not so much.

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    not so much.
    Me neither! It actually snowed yesterday and was 84 a week before lol good ol Ny weather

Vegan

Seattle, Washington. Love it here.

San Diego, CA!

Vegan

Quote SamSarah98 View Post
    San Diego, CA!
    I loved it there too!

I spent a year there from 2003-04. Definitely one of my favorite places.

Only ONE person from Virginia. How sad. Can't some of you awesome people move here and help me get this Commonwealth out of the dark ages? Jeesh.

Columbus, OH.
    Eat your veggies!

Lovingthegreen- San Diego is pretty cool. Born and raised here but did live in Portland, Oregon for 4 years. I LOVED the NW more than anything!! I see you are listed as Seattle. You lucky duck! I would move back to the NW in a heartbeat but my hubby prefers the sun to the clouds

Vegan

Quote SamSarah98 View Post
    Lovingthegreen- San Diego is pretty cool. Born and raised here but did live in Portland, Oregon for 4 years. I LOVED the NW more than anything!! I see you are listed as Seattle. You lucky duck! I would move back to the NW in a heartbeat but my hubby prefers the sun to the clouds
    That's cool - I really like Portland too. And I do love the Northwest. So beautiful and I actually prefer rain to sunshine (strange I know - but this climate is perfect for me. ). But with that said, it is pretty awesome to have mild temperatures year round (depending on how close you are to the coast) and to have the ocean right there is really awesome too. I just really liked the feel of San Diego and people seemed really friendly. Not everybody, of course, but compared to L.A., definitely an improvement. The only three places I want to live the rest of my life are either Seattle (preferred), San Diego or San Francisco (or Boston if I have to go to the East Coast).

Default Re: Which state in the USA?

Los Angeles, CA by way of Pensacola, FL

I live in redmond,oregon. Which isn't vegan friendly at all, but bend is only a couple mintues away. But I hate that portland and eugene are over a hour away. Their are a few health food stores I can go to and a few places to eat. I have met any other vegans here. I was to move back to portland , I used to live their when I was a child. I visit their every fall.

Vegan

Quote ashiethevegan View Post
    I live in redmond,oregon. Which isn't vegan friendly at all, but bend is only a couple mintues away. But I hate that portland and eugene are over a hour away. Their are a few health food stores I can go to and a few places to eat. I have met any other vegans here. I was to move back to portland , I used to live their when I was a child. I visit their every fall.
    I completely agree. I moved (back) to Seattle from a small town near Spokane, which was definitely not vegan friendly. It's amazing how Seattle and Portland can both be awesome cities to be vegan - some of the best in the world, but you go to the central or eastern portions of those states and it's the polar opposite.

Vegan World Tr

Massachusetts, north of Boston!! Its very vegan-friendly, beautiful ocean views, lots of history/museums/live music/theater.

^ Really? What city? Or just the general area?
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I saw [and smelled] a huge feed lot out there, that was the closest I'd ever been to one.

Lovin' Life

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii.
    I want my very own garden of vegan...

Louisiana. God help me
    A friend is just a known enemy.

Outside of Beaumont, Texas. There aren't any vegan restaurants around here, but I can get a good couscous salad at Goodfella's, and Pei Wei Asian Dining has some vegan-friendly dishes. I get my supplies at HEB and Basic Foods on Dowlen Road.

There are a couple of vegan restaurants in Houston, but I haven't been to them. I don't go to Houston much. People can't drive there and it scares the shit out of me. Once on a fieldtrip to Houston in high school, two different people tried to crash into/run our school bus off the road. Who does that?

pVegan

I live in the beautiful state of Colorado. Colorado is perfect for a Vegan Lifestyle, not only for the vegan diet, but to stay fit with so many exercise options.

I live just outside of Minnepolis MN and we are expecting snow tomorrow....it's April 18th! Of the places I've visited, ,my ideal place to live would be Phoenix AZ, sigh....
    I've met a couple of vegans here in Mpls and I've also converted a few people into eating less animal products There are a a few restaraunts and groceries that cater to vegans here but we could sure use more!

BlackBow

I say you can go vegan literally anywhere. (I know the op never said you couldn't but I'm just saying!)
    One vegan, whose youtube videos I watch, lives in a developing country and is a vegan.

Personally, I live in Pennsylvania and one word: hunters!
    It sucks to be a vegan here. Only because I live right next to the woods
    and during hunting season I can hear gun shots from hunters killing deers. So sad And I sometimes see photos posted on Facebook of people i know that are hunters. One guy had a picture of a dead deer by him and he was smiling. It really disturbed me to see him so happy that he killed an animal. He never had that type of characteristics in him, or so I thought.
    Pennsylvania has the most hunters out of anywhere in the U.S.A.

So, if you hate animal hunting than that makes it hard on vegans. Because most people here are hunters and tend to
    be against vegetarianism, let alone veganism! However, there is a nice vegan restaurant in Pittsburgh I really want
    to go to sometime.

I think the best state to be vegan in the USA would be New york. I would say L.A. but that's not a state.
    Those NY vegans have it lucky! lol

Maybe Vermont. They seem like evolved, open minded people. Plus they are the healthiest state
    in the USA! So there may be a lot of people following a vegan diet.

RubyDuby

It snowed here today for HOURS! (upstate NY)
    Quote Shepherd Mom View Post
    I live just outside of Minnepolis MN and we are expecting snow tomorrow....it's April 18th! Of the places I've visited, ,my ideal place to live would be Phoenix AZ, sigh....
    I've met a couple of vegans here in Mpls and I've also converted a few people into eating less animal products There are a a few restaraunts and groceries that cater to vegans here but we could sure use more!
    tons of hunters here too.

Quote cast_the_flames View Post
    los angeles, california. BEST state ever . pretty vegan friendly, too.
    Same with San Francisco!! And cali IS the best stake ever

VeganVeggiePatch

Youngsville, North Carolina. Near Raleigh.

RubyDuby

Quote BlackBow View Post
    I think the best state to be vegan in the USA would be New york. I would say L.A. but that's not a state.
    Those NY vegans have it lucky! lol
    NYC is not a state either.

I live in NY and it's nothing like NYC. I had to drive through 3 states to visit NYC and it was well worth it.

Quote Sosteadilygo View Post
    Providence, Rhode Island. I love New England, and I appreciate the fact of the veggie/vegan restaurants there are. If anyone is ever in the area, Julians Restaurant on Broadway has the best vegan gingerbread pancakes hands down! Yummm!
    From a fellow rhode islander, I second the julians shout out. So glad to live around here, it's easy to be vegan.
    "it ain't where you put your words, it's where you don't."

Glad to see other Rhode Islanders on here. Nice Slice on Thayer st. has some good vegan pizza if anyone ever comes to Providence, Rhode Island.

Paducah, Kentucky!

Alice88Jasper

I live in Phoenix,Arizona

Burlington, Vermont

Fairly easy to be vegan here...

I live in Houston, Texas, where there are way too many fast food restaurants!

Little Beirut, Cascadia aka "Portland, Oregon" is where I be. This is likely the most vegan-friendly city so far. So come visit!

I'm in Pennsylvania.

Currently living in San Antonio, Texas.
    Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace (Schweitzer, 1952)

Quote Cyan View Post
    Stamford, Connecticut. Unfortunately, though, I think there are only about 5 or 6 vegetarian restaurants in the STATE (and, yeah, we're small, but we're not that small) so that gives you some idea of how vegan-friendly it is around here. It's too bad, cause if you're a nature lover, Connecticut's a lovely place.

Any other CT vegans out there?
    I'm from CT... and one of my cat's names is Cyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in Bristol, CT. There isn't much up here. There is this place I want to check out in New Milford, CT called "The Sweet Spot". It isn't vegan, but their vegan cupcakes are amazing! http://thesweetspotct.com/about.html. The Cali melt and Southern Fried Tofu (aka Sou Fry) at It's Only Natural, in Middletown, are delicious. http://www.ionrestaurant.com/ This restaurant is almost entirely vegan. They do offer diary cheese if you prefer. There is also Shoreline Diner in Guilford that has a vegetarian section on their menu.

One place I am considering moving (in the future) is Winter Park, FL. It is located at the northeast corner of Orlando and both those areas are veggie and vegan-tastic!

Quote LaMariposa View Post
    From a fellow rhode islander, I second the julians shout out. So glad to live around here, it's easy to be vegan.
    *trips over self from excitement* Vegan gingerbread pancakes??!?!?!??!?!?!?! Those three words together are like the holy grail.

Quote vegeTERIan View Post
    I'm from CT... and one of my cat's names is Cyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in Bristol, CT. There isn't much up here. There is this place I want to check out in New Milford, CT called "The Sweet Spot". It isn't vegan, but their vegan cupcakes are amazing! http://thesweetspotct.com/about.html. The Cali melt and Southern Fried Tofu (aka Sou Fry) at It's Only Natural, in Middletown, are delicious. http://www.ionrestaurant.com/ This restaurant is almost entirely vegan. They do offer diary cheese if you prefer. There is also Shoreline Diner in Guilford that has a vegetarian section on their menu.

One place I am considering moving (in the future) is Winter Park, FL. It is located at the northeast corner of Orlando and both those areas are veggie and vegan-tastic!
    ION is amazing! I miss it so much.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh