Thread: Pro Bar

Default Pro Bar

has anyone here ever tried an energy bar called a Pro Bar? oh my they are quite possibly the most delicious food i have ever tasted. i buy these little fruit and nut energy bars from the health food store for my boyfriend all the time so that he will eat them instead of candy when he has a sweet tooth. one day i ran out of food in the house so i ate one and WOW! i tried to go back to the store to buy more and they were out. i tried to find them at two other stores and they don't carry them. i am like a junkie. i am addicted to these things. i need them. so i thought that maybe i could make them at home, but i looked through all of my cookbooks and on the internet and i couldn't quite find anything perfect. they are not cakey, they have no flour, but they are not brittle either. i threw away the wrapper so i don't remember all of the ingredients, but i did give it a quick read to make sure they were vegan and this is what i remember. they have almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, hemp nuts, barley malt syrup, maple syrup, cranberries, mini carob chips.... i know they had other nuts and seeds, no crispies or anything that wasn't a nut, seed, or fruit except for the syrups and the carob chips. does anyone here know how to make anything like this? i would really, really appreciate it if someone could help me.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead

Default Re: Pro Bar

Do you think that the store from which you initially bought those bars will never carry them again?
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

no, they will have them again, i am just impatient and i would like to have one right now.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead

Quote GoodbyeGirl
    no, they will have them again, i am just impatient and i would like to have one right now.
    Haha

ProBar Ingredients: Chocolate, sultanas, crack
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

Crack. I thought that was an illegal drug. No wonder people like them so much!