Thread: I need help from UK vegans - gonna start an import co, with organic/vegan foods

Talking I need help from UK vegans - gonna start an import co, with organic/vegan foods

i'm gonna start an import company, with organic/vegan foods. here in denmark, we don't have half the choices you guys have, but the main reason i want uk products, is that the rules of importing stuff inside the eu is so much easier and no need to transport food all around the globe.

i'm thinking about importing:

-vegan white chocolate
    -rice milk chocolate
    -other candies
    -dry foods, like sosmix, mock tuna and the alikes (is that organic?)
    -other specialty/luxury foods.
    -also soap bars, that are good.

I really wanna hear from you guys, which products are good, which are really bad (so i dont order a bunch of crap), what you would miss if you didn't live in the uk. you get the picture.
    since it's too exepensive, i can't have stuff that needs refridgerating/freezing.

please help out! i want more vegan choices here!
    thanks!

Default Re: I need help from UK vegans!

If you know how much you want to order in, then you could contact the manufacturers who supply the branders. You might be able to put your own label on things. You kind of need a market before you start though, which could be tricky.
    Are you in touch with any wholefood co-operatives over there in Denmark?
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

not really. i wanna import specialty foods, that are not available here.. and then sell them on a webpage to people, and deliver bigger amounts to healt food stores and the alikes. i thought about making gift-baskets too, with nice foods, some soaps other nice stuff.

Quote Smoothie View Post
    what you would miss if you didn't live in the uk.
    I would miss... Sutaki pies (made by Get Real), they have to go in a fridge/freezer though I think. Green and Black's chocolate (especially the ginger one), Organica mint crisp choc bar, Booja Booja truffles. And a few wines.

Also, Jason Aloe Vera satin soap in a pump dispenser, Jason cocoa butter moisturiser and their hand creams. Australian Organics do a good shampoo and conditioner.

I'd miss bath bombs from Lush too. And some stuff from Yaoh (they sell things made from hemp).

Practically, I'd probably miss Ecover products (washing up liquid/washing liquid) and Kingfisher toothpaste.

You could look on Vegan Store to get some ideas. They sell lots of interesting products.
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

we have ecover and kingsfisher, and I use both

thanks for your help i'll check it out..

That sounds great Smoothie. Tell me when its up and running, and I will be your first customer. I have tried to make milk chocolate myself, but with no luck. And please get some mashmallows - I have been looking everywhere for those

i'll pm you as soon as i've got up and running. just need to turn 18, so I can
    start the sompany. any other requests? i'm open for anything. maybe i should import from germany too..