View Poll Results: when do you eat the most?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • i eat the most at breakfast

9 7.20%
  • i eat the most at lunch

5 4.00%
  • i eat the most at dinner

50 40.00%
  • i try to spread my consumption throughout the day

21 16.80%
  • i eat when i'm hungry, no consistant habbits

29 23.20%
  • i normally don't eat before 11-12 AM or after 7-ish PM

4 3.20%
  • something else?

7 5.60%

Thread: what time of day do you eat the most?

Default what time of day do you eat the most?

when do you guys like to eat the most? what factors influence this?
    i tend to eat mainly at night, something i'm trying to work on.

I eat several times throughout the day, from breakfast to bed-time snack(s). I eat mainly natural and healthy foods and get in my exercise almost daily, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Breakfast around 6.00-6.30, fruit snack 10.30 ish, lunch 12.00, another fruit snack 15.00, evening meal 18.30-19.00. I was tending to snack after my evening meal around 09.30-10.00 but since starting juicing this seems to have stopped.

i eat quite a lot during the day, "grazing" you might say, but my biggest food intake is in the evening. i always eat breakfast but find i can't eat much in the mornings because i usually feel sick. i try not to eat my dinner too late in the evening if i can help it and rarely snack afterwards.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Just to confuse things, dinner is taken at lunch time, and tea at dinner time, in the Uk anyway. Maybe thats another everything else thread altogether.

well i call my evening meal dinner! i think it depends around the country too - hmmmmm
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

i eat the most at tea/dinner time in the evening - although i can over eat at this time which i hate doing but when the food is good i just want to eat it all up - and then feel a bit heavy-stomached

Talking

I don't eat very much, but I tend to eat a big breakfast, most of the time. Not a big fan of lunch, but I eat fruit whenever I can!!! I love fruit. Bananas, apples, anything I can sink my teeth into! yum, thinking of getting myself a midnight snack... oh, and the only fruit I don't like (much) are red apples, but I love green ones. I LOVE them. they are my precious. my preciooouus...
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

The meaning of "dinner" can vary from region to region within the U.S. as well. Here in the south, "dinner" used to refer to lunch, but over the last several years that has changed. My grandmother still refers to the mid-day meal as "dinner". Confusing enough?

Smile

I eat throughout the day, but I would say dinner (evening meal - not to confuse anyone)is my heaviest meal.

i eat the most in the evening and late at night. im a night owl so i sleep most of the day and am up most of the night.

Theres an interesting piece in the autumn uk veggie magazine about ayurveda, the ancient indian medical system. It says ayurveda wisdom tells us that its not just what foods we eat, but also how we eat them. One should not eat in an emotional or stressed condition, as this will adversely affect digestion. Food should be taken calmly, preferably in silence, without any mental distractions such as tv or even reading. It should be chewed thoroughly and water should be taken before and not during one's meal.

I dont eat anything but fruit before noon and I try not to eat after 7PM unless I am hungry in which case I wil have fruit or some almonds before bed.

I try to hav my biggest meal around mid-day - a carbohydrate meal -whereas in the evening I would prefer a high protein meal - but in every day life this may or not be my practice. My high activity levels often require more fuel than planned.

Constant small meals are a good idea and generally considered healthier but I find it too difficult to eat small meals as I have self-constraint problems so I'd rather eat 3 bigger meals with no or few snacks in between.

I enjoy my home-cooked or perpared food best alone with only background music if anything but I also like to make it a social event if I eat out during the day with a like-minded friend in an establishment where I can relax with the knowledge that my veganism will not be questioned or threatened.

What do you think about big breakfast vs. big dinner? I oscillate between the two ... it's really nice to wake up hungry and start the day with an energizing meal, but it's also nice to go to sleep satiated and digest all night and then sip juice or a hot drink in the morning without feeling very hungry right away. Big breakfast is definitely supposed to be better metabolism-wise, but sometimes I just don't feel it. Thoughts?

if i eat breakfast, i usually eat twice as much during the day. but breakfast is so nice... it's a delema.

Quote Vanaenae628
    What do you think about big breakfast vs. big dinner? I oscillate between the two ... it's really nice to wake up hungry and start the day with an energizing meal, but it's also nice to go to sleep satiated and digest all night ...
    I like to start the day with a bowl of porage and some soaked, dried fruit in it. It's satisfying for me. Lunch is the main meal. I wouldn't like going to sleep with a full stomach - surely it is also entitled to a rest from digesting food?
    Eve

I love breakfast foods - porridge with banana, sugar-free jam or Aussie sultanas; muesli and soy milk; rye bread and banana or apple or apple tofucreamcheese and raisin sandwiches, or mushrooms on toast or a home-baked blueberry lemon banana coconut muffin.... but I dont eat anything but fruit until mid-day and also I exercise in the morning and couldnt do that on a full stomach. No time for that kind of breakfast after exercise - often dont go home anyway!

Health-wise it is important to have an easily-digested breakfast (must have breakfast and must be easy to digest so I do fruit) and it is important to have finished digesting before going to bed. Therefore I have my main meal around mid-day because I am hungry after nothing but fruit, and in the evening I try to eat lighter. However this often backfires as I am hungry just as I am getting into bed so I have to have a snack!

They recommend a carbohydrate-based mid-day meal and a protein-based meal in the evening - both with lots of raw, or lightly cooked veggies.

I eat throughout the day, but more in the evening, which is when I actually become hungry as a pose to my mornings.

I eat when I am hungry. Awsome avatar Kate
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)

Default definitely lunch.. even if..

When i wake up i think i could eat an armchair, if i knew that would not bring too much calories! Anyway, i try no to eat to much for breakfast, but guess the time i eat the most is for lunch

Breakfast - 7.30 or 8 a.m. ( 48 minutes after Sunrise only)

Lunch--10.30 am or 11 a.m

Noon break ( little stuff)- around 3 pm

Dinner- before 6.30 pm.( Being Jain, nothing after Sunset, no water even)

Sleep with empty Stomach and bladder.

Manish Jain

What is "Jain"??

I usually have breakfast after morning exercise so usually around 8AM; lunch after my swim between 12:30 and 2:30; supper after the gym between 5 and 7PM and lately I have been very hungry when I go to bed so some nuts or seeds (though I have bought some Soy milk today) at 10PM.

Quote Fruitbat
    What is "Jain"??.

Jain is a religion like Christians,Buddha,Musleme and Hindu in India.

You can read interesting diet code under Jainism in the prespective of Ahimsa too.

http://www.indianvegan.com/Jain.htm

Ahimsa---

http://www.indianvegan.com/ahimsa.htm

Manish Jain

thanx - it is really interesting!

I usually don't eat breakfast cuz it messes with my stomache, i usually only have apple sauce and Princess Fruit Snacks and mixed nuts for lunch (Princess fruit snacks are very yummy,they're even better than fruit smiles, so there, stop laughing) So my lunches usually arent that big. I have this weid mid after noon meal though that is like right after school around 3:30 where I have like a veggie burger or a veggie dog, that is when i eat the most cuz at dinner my family usually makes whatever they are gonna eat and I have a salad or a biscuit or something that i can rework, and I dont want to over do the bread and become lardo-vegan, so i try to make myself kinda full before dinner or at least not super hungry. And, of course, gotta have them soy lattes, can't survive withouth that. MMMMMMMM, columbian espresso blend made fresh from my kitchen, I'm like a comercial.
    So yeah I have a weird eating pattern which makes sence cuz I'm an odd kid.

How long have you been vegan?

No one is weird or odd - we are jus all individual - and the ppl with more individual traits are more intureersting that the conformists any day! My friends and myself jokingly call me a "freak" but what they are really saying is that I am a more unique person from the avergae person around here, and I am a fanatic or eccentric about certain things! I love being differnt - whereas once I used to have huge hang-ups about it, now I feel that in some ways I must stand out from the crowd and its only the people who appreciate and accept my differences who are really worth knowing at all.

Can I be odd if i want to be? I once found a yellow road sign that said "slow children at play" So yeah that describes my life.

Sure as long as you ar ehappy about it!

In massachuessetts in the US where I lived once uponn a time, those "Slow Children at Play" were common. We also has "Thickly settled" areas !!! LOL

I eat throughout the day, but the largest meal usually varies. I generally eat smaller meals with a snack in between...I can never resist an afternoon snack ^_^

drummer

I eat 'little and often'. Not grazing, but medium-sized meals and generous snacks. If I eat too much at lunch time I need to nap because it just takes too much energy to digest all that food. Ah, I just love a good siesta anyway...

I usually eat 5 times a day, I think I eat the most at lunch and dinner. Or maybe at breakfast too, lol.
    Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals.
    -Theodor Adorno (1903-1969), German Jewish philosopher forced into exile by the Nazis

I have to have breakfast or I'm a big ol' cranky pants until I eat! If I'm really starving I'll have cereal at home, otherwise I have toast at work about 9am. I usually make enough food at night to have leftovers for my lunch at work. I try not to eat after 7pm, but it's not always possible, so I don't worry too much about it. I've been blessed with really good genes, so I pretty much eat what I want, when I want

Default Re: what time of day do you eat the most?

i would say i eat the most at breakfast. but that's not to say i don't eat a substantial amount the rest of the day. hehe. =]

I vary a lot these days, but since I put a restriction of 500 calories on every meal except breakfast, it's probably the biggest at around 600 daily. However, I voted, "i eat when i'm hungry, no consistant habbits" because some days I only have 400 for breakfast (not very hungry) and then 500 for dinner or lunch.

Good sperm

I eat most at dinner, but I am an afternoon snacker. I try really hard to only snack on fruit and soya yoghurts or else I'll balloon. Also I find eating dinner a bit earlier when I can helps as I can tell myself it isn't long until dinner.

pavotrouge

I have rather uncontrolled eating habits because I used to be very ill for the first five years of my life and could never eat enough. From then on, everybody encouraged me to eat all throughout the day.

Luckily, I'm not into too unhealthy, fatty foods.

I eat the most at night because I'm out of the house for 10-12 hours every day and need a quiet place for eating.

Lilac Hamster

I'm definitely a snacker, any time I feel like eating, I tend to eat, trouble is I do not control it well and need to keep track better as I could lose weight if I tried.
    I don't usually feel like eating very early in the day, but usually hungry by the middle of the morning, then I'm on a "see food" diet most of the rest of the day.

I eat mostly at night, we don't normally have dinner until 9/10pm
    I try to always eat breakfast, but it doesn't bother me if I don't eat between then and dinner
    I'm a bit of a night owl though and don't go to bed until around 2am

I tend to eat most earlier in the day. The second I wake up in the mornings I feel quite sick and weak until I have something to eat - usually a banana before I start showering, etc, otherwise I don't even have enough energy to do that... I'll also have some toast and coffee before I leave for the office, and then a bowl of cereal and some fruit for "elevenses"

I still have a decent lunch and dinner, but the morning is definately my hungriest time of the day.
    "Born on the same planet, Covered by the same skies..."

I eat the most at night because I work as a waitress and don't get to eat dinner till about 9PM or later. I work out in morning so I always eat something when I wake up. Usually a luna bar, some fruit or cereal. After the gym I make myself a nice lunch. I snack on fruit at work. I just eat or snack when I want. I don't understand how people can just not eat when they are hungry.

i tend to eat really healthily (well, according to my standards) during the day..but when it gets to dinner (tea?!) time, i eat that then even though i'm full or had enough, it's like something is missing. i tthink that's just through years of habitual comfort eating tbh.

it helps if i've something planned for later in the evening..but if it's a case of tootling round the house then i'm constantly thinking "nibblesnibblesnibbles". i'm loads better now cos i try not to eat after 7pm..but in the past i've knowingly eaten late at night then gone to bed feeling uncomfy. daft i know
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

pavotrouge

I know that feeling, but I've got an excuse ^ ^

Tried not to eat that late several times, but I HAVE to eat something after 10pm or I'll wake up hungry at 3am the latest.

Jippia

I eat the most at supper/dinner, because I have more time to eat then. I eat quite slowly. Always have. I only have half an hour for going to the company restaurant and eating my lunch (sandwiches, soya milk and orange juice). In the morning I have half an hour to makes sandwiches for lunch, feed the animals, have breakfast and packing my backpack. Usually it is soya yoghurt and soya milk. I mainly snack on fruits and raw vegetables, such as an orange and some cucumber slices. On Saturdays, I make a bigger breakfast with porridge and sandwiches and soya milk and fruit.

Personally, I like a big breakfast, a big lunch and a big dinner with lots ot fruit, raw vegetables, salad, etcetera.

breakfast 8 am

Small Lunch 12 pm

Dinner 5 pm

Nothing after 5pm ( ie. nothing after Sunset around 6) till next morning.

I sleep with empty stomach. ( since i finish my dinner early, it get digested by the time i go to bed)

Quote Jippia View Post
    I eat quite slowly.
    I try to eat slowly and to chew well but I always end up scoffing.

Quote Jippia View Post
    Personally, I like a big breakfast, a big lunch and a big dinner with lots ot fruit, raw vegetables, salad, etcetera.
    Yes, me too.
    I have my 'main meal' (that is the one that takes longest to prepare) around the middle of the day - this is usually the biggest meal.
    "You can discover more about a person in one hour of play than in a year of conversation" ~ Plato

Quote TheFirstBus View Post
    I eat when I am hungry. Awsome avatar Kate
    same and yes