Thread: arcata or santa barbara, ca

gmoney

Default arcata or santa barbara, ca

i might move in august, but i'm having a hard time figuring out if the places i want to move to are vegan friendly or not.

i'm thinking about moving to arcata or santa barbara, ca. is anyone on here from either of those places or does anyone know anything about them in terms of their vegan-friendliness? i would appreciate any input.

thanks!

Default Re: arcata or santa barbara, ca

I used to live in Arcata, and, as with most college towns, is a very vegan-friendly place. Eureka (about 12 miles away) is also vegan-friendly. In Arcata, Wildberries is a natural foods-type place that has lots of vegan stuff. In Eureka, Eureka Natural Foods has two locations and also has plenty of vegan foods. Between Arcata and Eureka, there are quite a few vegan-friendly restaurants, including a Korean, an Indian, and multiple Chinese foods places. Have fun!
    "A human can be healthy without killing animals for food. Therefore if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

gmoney

Default Re: arcata or santa barbara, ca

thanks for responding! your info makes arcata very appealing.