Thread: Sad news from vegfam

Kevster

Default Sad news from vegfam

Just saw this on the vegan village website:

'Vegfam Trustee Friedenstern Howard had been ill during this year. Late on Saturday evening, 8th April 2006, Frieden died at his home "The Sanctuary" (Vegfam H/Q). He will be greatly missed by his family and friends (including Vegfam Council) and by Vegfam supporters and donors. The funeral service will take place on Friday 21st April, at 4.00 pm, at Exeter and Devon Crematorium, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 6EU. This will be followed by a gathering at Exeter Friends Meeting House, Wynard Lane, Magdalen Street, Exeter, EX2 4HU. A memorial service will take place in September. Arrangements will be made for friends and supporters of Vegfam to be able to give donations in lieu of flowers. A suitable Vegfam project will be funded, in memory of Frieden. www.veganvillage.co.uk/vegfam'

I was fortunate to meet and talk with Friedenstern at the Bristol vegan fayre last year, he was a lovely bloke.

Default Re: Sad news from vegfam

Thoughts / Respect and Wishes to all of his family I was just about to contact Vegfam to see if they want to do a donor swap with us as well. I may hold off for a until some time has passed.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Sorry to hear it, that is a loss.

Ideologue

Quote Kevster
    I was fortunate to meet and talk with Friedenstern at the Bristol vegan fayre last year, he was a lovely bloke.
    I think it was Friedenstern who was manning the Vegfam stall at the Vegan Festival in London last September. I spoke with him there about water filters for a while. He was very helpful.

Geoff

Australians can donate via:
    Westpac Banking Corporation
    341 George St
    Sydney 2000
    Vegfam, Projects Fund Account
    BSB 732-000 Acct. No. 74-8282

VeganJohn

Just seen this thread. Very sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

I spoke to Freidenstern Howard at the London vegan festival too. A gentle, compassionate man who did so much good work for so long. My condolences to his family and friends.