Thread: Humans urged to adopt animal eating patterns

Default Humans urged to adopt animal eating patterns

An article on the abc-on line news states that a study into the eating patterns of animals could help cut obesity rates in Western countries.

Left to choose their own food, research has shown animals will first seek out protein and never become obese. In a natural state, the same is true for humans.

Professor Steve Simpson from the University of Sydney says modern diets with high fat and salt contents trick people into overeating. "But if you simply change the ratio and you can do that in one or two ways - incorporating high quality protein items in the diet and by that I mean lean meat or fish or high quality vegetable proteins," he said.

"The rest will happen naturally if you listen to your own hungers and say well do I really need to eat that and listen to it and don't be suckered into eating sugary and fat things just because they are there."

Interesting.
    Eve

Default Re: Humans urged to adopt animal eating patterns

I find that if I eat a healthy breakfast of muesli and fruit juice I am less tempted to snack on sweet stuff. Sometimes before I have breakfast I'll think "I'll just have one biscuit/cake/piece of chocolate etc" then I don't bother with breakfast and eat junk food for the whole day! Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?

This was in todays abc news-online - now don't follow the croc's example!

A 4.4-metre crocodile has chased a man up a tree in the Northern Territory while he was working on the cleaning up debris left by cyclone Monica. The owner of the Corroboree Park Tavern, Peter Shappert, says the man was trying to remove a tree that had fallen against the saltwater crocodile pen.

Mr Shappert says the crocodile, named Brutis, managed to take possession of the chainsaw the man was using. "He's been a bit upset with the noise, so he's come shooting out of the pond, run up the tree and tried to grab Freddy the chainsaw man," he said. "He missed Freddy and grabbed his chainsaw instead. Presently he's swimming around with a large steel chainsaw hanging out of his mouth."

The clean-up effort has been delayed and staff are currently trying to win back the necessary machinery.

"I was going to drain the pen and then ask him politely to let go of the chainsaw," Mr Shappert said. He is thinking of changing the crocodile's name from Brutis to two-stroke
    Eve

LOL

Poor Brutis. Grumpy old bugger was probably just trying to take a nice quiet nap when Freddy decided to start the noisy chainsaw.