Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changes in skin after going veg?

Default Re: Changes in skin after going veg

Quote *live*&*let*live View Post
    OH said I was glowing the other day! I'm not pregnant
    oops always thought u were a male (no offence) due to your profile pic....who is that in your pic?

He's Bernard Sumner, lead singer of New Order.

Oh yes, and I'm still spotty and I've been vegan for over five years.

*live*&*let*live

Default Re: Changes in skin after going veg?

mmmhhmh eigmeith ske sumner.....translated....
    *and I said that ^ without moving my lips*

Its a common mistake, not so sure why Daffy because if everyone was their avatar pic on this forum....

Quote Jiffy View Post
    I noticed that I had far fewer spots after going vegan, but boy did I have a bad cheese habit.
    i thought cheese was the hardest thing to give up when i first went vegan and i didnt have a bad cheese habit,was it hard for you then jiffy?
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

Before I went vegan I would get horrendous breakouts of teenage-style acne on my face... and now I still do (and I'm 30)
    ~ Don't think twice, it's all right ~

*live*&*let*live

Me too Kate (see above post) but touch wood for the past few weeks my skin has been soft and far far less spotty. I am hoping that my diet has finally paid dividends to my poor skin and self-image. HUGS to you, I know how awful it is..

I've got acne and I have been vegan for about 8 years. I'm a mainly wholefood vegan.
    I find the pustules come and go but as soon as one clears up, a week or so later another one comes up. I did have a lot on my cheeks, now my cheeks have been clear for a few years and I just get them on the T Zone. My chin was really bad for months, now my chin is clearing up and my forehead is breaking out.
    I'm in my early 40's, and I am fairly sure its hormonal, my GP agrees.
    Ive got antibiotic lotion, dead sea salts soap, and I do use various treats from Lush such as Cupcake.
    I've also been told to see my GP about some black moles on my back.
    I practice meditation, self acceptance, and I use foundation if I want to look smart and not blotchy.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

*live*&*let*live

Aww hugs to you too Herb. I tend to get those big horrible blobs you refer to in such a professional terms too! They hurt. Mine are jawline and under. Even the scarring looks a bit better. I bought a lovely product - vegan friendly - on that famous auction site, should have mentioned it before that really DOES work. Its called Skinvac. It's a cloth that stimulates cell renewal. Only a few pounds so if you don't like it it's not too bad. Even has the Vegan friendly symbol on it. www.skinvac.com or the bay. I use it twice a week.
    Let me know if you (or anyone) decides to get it and what you think. It's not just for problem skin its for anyone.

ETA: just checked out the website and they have two other products one for daily cleaning and one specifically for spots. I use the one in the middle. I have never seen these other two as I got mine from the bay. They only had the exfoliation cloth there. I think that one is brill. Soft and smooth skin!
    (think its cheaper there too!)

^ I might give it a go. Only thing is it reminds me a bit of the micro cleaning cloths I have for cleaning my house!

*live*&*let*live

It's more of a waffle type effect than the cleaning cloths! *shrieks don't use one of them on your skin*

Seriously, do try one Kate, for a few pounds if you don't like it you haven't lost a great deal. But honestly my skin is very soft and smooth. I use the green Chandrika Ayurvedic soap (also on the bay!) quickly before I use the cloth as it recommends an antibac soap but I'm not going there! I have NEVER ever used soap on my face but the combination (for me) works. I also fancy some of the rawgaia products but have to wait till pay day for those

*live*&*let*live

RIGHT! I am keeping it zipped from now on! What did I tell ya?! I have jinxed myself and have a really sore spot on my bloody chin, just to the side underneath. AAArrrrghhhh!!!!!!!! Should have kept it shut!

BlackCats

Quote *live*&*let*live View Post
    I bought a lovely product - vegan friendly - on that famous auction site, should have mentioned it before that really DOES work. Its called Skinvac. It's a cloth that stimulates cell renewal. Only a few pounds so if you don't like it it's not too bad. Even has the Vegan friendly symbol on it. www.skinvac.com or the bay. I use it twice a week. Let me know if you (or anyone) decides to get it and what you think. It's not just for problem skin its for anyone.
    ETA: just checked out the website and they have two other products one for daily cleaning and one specifically for spots. I use the one in the middle. I have never seen these other two as I got mine from the bay. They only had the exfoliation cloth there. I think that one is brill. Soft and smooth skin! (think its cheaper there too!)
    I bought the three cloths on LL&L's recommendation and they are really good. The cleansing one took off my eye makeup perfectly. The only thing is you have to be careful not to rub too hard as they are quite powerful and my skin looks a bit red where I rubbed it too hard. It is brilliant washing without any soap or facial wash but still having clean skin.:smile:

*live*&*let*live

Glad they work for you! I only have the exfoliating one, do you recommend I buy the others too then?

BlackCats

^ I haven't tried all of them yet but I guess if you like one you would like them all. I haven't been able to find a vegan soap for my face that doesn't bring me out in a rash so these cloths seem good because you don't need to use soap with them.

l&ll, you sold me on that cloth. I always had perfect skin through high school and it wasn't until I turned 25 that I started getting acne. Not little pimples, but the painful cyst kind that take ages to go away. It's started to get a little better, but I'm tired of spending money on supposed miracle cures and am going for the natural, stop slathering crap on my face approach. I'll have to let you know how it works. I also like that I can reuse it so there is less waste and no nasty chemicals to worry about. Only been vegan for a few months and haven't noticed a drastic change in my skin, but it hasn't gotten worse so that's better than nothing.

Guess what? I've just gone and bought a daily cleansing cloth and a pore clearing cloth from there!

There is a 15% discount if you enter "vegan" in the vegan coupon code box