Thread: C-VEG Vegan Potlucks

Default C-VEG Vegan Potlucks

I just started a Vegan Group in Corvallis with my friend Nettie. If you are in Corvallis, Eugene, Salem or Portland and would like to come, we'd love to have you join us!

Here is the recap of our first meeting and info for our next group meeting:

Thank you for coming to our first C-VEG (Corvallis Vegan Education Group)
    Potluck last Saturday at the Westminster House. Nettie and I just recently
    started this group in Corvallis and we enjoyed meeting all of you.

We hope to see you on Saturday May 20th at 7PM for our second C-VEG Potluck at
    the Westminster House on 23rd and Monroe in Corvallis, OR. We hope to have a
    group twice the size as our initial Potluck. I personally know a handful of
    vegans/vegetarians who wanted to come but were unable to, but will be there on
    the 20th.

We plan on having more great prizes to raffle off. We want these potlucks to be
    fun and educational too. So we'll continue to provide a variety of free
    literature, give out great vegan prizes and gift certificates, and we'll enjoy
    the company of others, while eating great vegan food!

Remember to bring a dish with a list of ingredients used (because of food
    alergies and different levels of veganism/vegetarianism, it just makes it
    really easy that way).

Thank you again for your support and if you have any questions please e-mail
    robert@veganbodybuilding.com anytime.

Also, if you left red and white cloth pot-holders behind, please let me know. I
    have those with me.

Please forward this e-mail to others who may be interested and we look forward
    to a great turnout on May 20th! We will be meeting every month so just look
    for an e-mail once or twice a month with the detials. Don't worry, we won't
    flood your inbox. We'll just send out notifications so you'll remember to join
    us.

Nettie and I thank you,

Robert Cheeke

Next Meeting:

What: C-VEG Vegan Potluck
    When: Saturday May 20th at 7PM
    Where: Westminster House on 23rd and Monroe (101 NW 23rd)
    Why: To enjoy good food and network with others
    Who: Everyone is welcome!

Who to contact with questions: Robert 541-231-6269 or Nettie 541-752-5618 or
    e-mail robert@veganbodybuilding.com

Forward this e-mail to friends and family
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous

Default Re: C-VEG Vegan Potlucks

We rocked it with 27 people last night for our 2nd C-VEG potluck. We had people from at least 3 different cities there, so if you're anywhere near Corvallis, OR you should catch the next one. We give away raffle prizes and stuff like that. It was a great time with great food, cool prizes given away and new friendships made. Maybe I'll see some of you at the next one.

You should also start up monthly vegan potlucks in your community if you don't already have a group going. It is great for networking and just a nice social thing to do.
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous

June 24th is the next one on 23rd and Monroe in Corvallis 7PM. Check my first post for more details. Hope to see some of you there!
    Robert Cheeke

Hello!
    I just wanted to remind folks that there will not be a C-Veg meeting this month due to the Farm Sanctuary Walk-A-Thon in Portland (which happens to be on the same day we usually have the potlucks).

See you next month!
    "A human can be healthy without killing animals for food. Therefore if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

It's potluck time, folks! This Saturday, the 28th, C-VEG (Corvallis Vegan Education Group) is hosting another vegan potluck.

I stole and modified this next part from Bodybuilder's initial post:
    What: C-VEG Vegan Potluck
    When: October 28th at 7PM
    Where: Westminster House on 23rd and Monroe (101 NW 23rd) in Corvallis
    Why: To enjoy good food and network with others
    Who: Everyone is welcome!

For those of you planning to bring a dish, please be sure to include a list of ingredients. We wouldn't want to be eating anything we wouldn't want to eat!

See you there!
    "A human can be healthy without killing animals for food. Therefore if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy