Thread: Survey: How often vegans eat out - to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Depar

Default Survey: How often vegans eat out - to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Depar

How often do you eat out?

Are you vegan?

If yes, please answer the following:
    ================
    1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place
    to eat out at?

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals?

3. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant advertised or
    clearly marked vegan entrees?

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit
    vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible?

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't
    have adequate vegan choices?

6. How many times have you influenced a group to eat at out at a vegan
    restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)?

================

If no, please answer the following:
    ================
    1. Would a restaurant providing solely vegan foods deter you from eating there?

2. Would a restaurant that had previously had no vegan options but
    introduced some lose any of your interest?

3. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it had
    vegan choices?

================

Default Re: Survey: How often vegans eat out--to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Department

Yes, I am vegan:
    1) 8.5
    2) cook--6; prepared--4
    3) Yes, I would be more likely to eat at restaurants with clear indication of vegan dishes
    4) Yes
    5) Numerous times (lost count)
    6) Not just a vegan restaurant, but I always refuse to eat at places that do not have a vegan option or ability to make a vegan option. The group I eat out with is usually at least three, sometimes 6 or 8 people. I have also "lost count" how many times this has happened.
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

Default Re: Survey: How often vegans eat out--to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Department

1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? - 10

2. How often a week do you cook? - every day. Eat prepared meals? never

3. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant advertised or clearly marked vegan entrees? - Yes, definitely

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? No

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? If I ask whether they can serve a veg*n meal and they offer chips and gravy - of course I've refused, but now don't even bother asking.

6. How many times have you influenced a group to eat at out at a vegan restaurant? - No such restaurant in my town.
    Eve

I eat out about 4 times per month.

Yes, I'm vegan.

1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? 7

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? Cook 80% of time, prepared meals 20%

clearly marked vegan entrees? Absolutely!

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? Definitely.

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? Never (yet).

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? 75% of time. Range of 2-8 ppl.

================

================
    1. Would a restaurant providing solely vegan foods deter you from eating there? Never.

introduced some lose any of your interest? Not at all.

vegan choices? Never (not even in previous omni life [only four weeks ago])

Default Re: Survey: How often vegans eat out--to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Departm

Are you vegan?
    Yes.

I eat out maybe once or twice a month to Subway.

1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place
    to eat out at?

I cook every day. I eat prepared meals maybe 2-4 a month (canned soup, Amy's burritos, Subway, etc).

Yes!!

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit

Maybe.

My family doesn't normally eat out, so I haven't had this come very often yet.

0. There are no vegan places here.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

twice a week

Are you vegan?
    yes

to eat out at?

once a fortnight

yes

yes

3 times every week

twice, 4 people
    ================

Default Re: Survey: How often vegans eat out--to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Departm

Default Survey: How often vegans eat out--to be sent to the Virginia Beach Health Department

Are you vegan?

================
    1. 5

2. Yes

3. Yes - only use palces I know that serve vegan food

4. Yes

5. 100+

6. Regulary take my team to a veggie restaurant and never had a complaint

some places have said that cant cater for vegans - but on asking for a non meat - non dairy etc meal they can do it
    ignorance is bliss

G

How often do you eat out? Only once every few months

Are you vegan? yes

1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? 9

2. How often a week do you cook? Every day eat prepared meals? less than once a week

clearly marked vegan entrees? Definitely

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? yes

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? too many to count

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? Anytime my friends or family want us to go out to eat with them we will only go if they go to one of the two restaurants in town with vegan options. Usually the group number is aprox 4-8 people.

How often do you eat out? Once, maybe twice a month

Are you vegan? Yes

================
    1. Difficulty eating out: 6 or 7

2. Always cook meals (or have them cooked for me) and seldom eat ready meal style foods.

3. Definitely.

4. Definitely.

5. Many, many times.

6. 3 times+. Groups of four, six and eight. My family and partner's family will always go somewhere where I can eat on big occasions.

gmoney

I eat out at the most once a month.
    I am a vegan.
    1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? 8.8

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? i cook all of my meals.

clearly marked vegan entrees? yes

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? yes. (as long as the wait and cooking staff actually knew what a vegan ate.)

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? most of the time...so every day.

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? 10; only 2-4 people each time.

1) 7
    2) I cook all of our meals except for prepared items once every 2 or 3 weeks
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Too many to count
    6) Groups of 2 to 6 about once per month

Vegan - yes
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

to eat out at? 8

(very few choices)

About once a week I have an Amy's Vegan Burrito otherwise I cook.

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

Absolutely!

I can ALWAYS find something even if it's a stripped down salad. I have often steered the situation away from going out if it's a steak house or something.

I have never been to a vegan restaurant but have often offered to cook at my house as we are a social bunch. Up to 15 people with all vegan food.
    "Take the path of least harm"

How often do you eat out? One or two times a week

Are you vegan? Yes

================
    to eat out at? Fairly easy - I usually go for something ethnic - like Thai or Italian. I'd say 3.

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? We rarely eat prepared food - with the exception of veggie burgers.

clearly marked vegan entrees? Oh Yes!

vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? Sure!

have adequate vegan choices? I don't go to steakhouses or bar-be-que places - or fast food. I nearly always call ahead if it's someplace I haven't been before.

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? Sadly never - I don't know of any other vegetarians. And I don't know of any completely vegan restaurants.
    Everyone needs a little mercy.

How often do you eat out? 3-4 times a month

Are you vegan? Yes.

================
    to eat out at?
    cook: 2-3 prepared meals 2-3
    yes
    yes
    more than 10 times
    four or five times in the last year...4-8 people.
    ================
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Are you vegan? YES

================
    to eat out at? 4. I LIVE IN A METROPOLITAN AREA (LOS ANGELES) WITH A MUCH LARGER SELECTION OF RESTAURANTS THAN THE REST OF THE COUNTRY.

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? 5 DAYS A WEEK. I OFTEN MIX HOMEMADE AND PREPARED FOOD.

clearly marked vegan entrees? YES

vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? OH, YES, IF I CAN BE ASSURED THAT THE VEGAN FOOD IS PREPARED SEPARATELY AND NOT IN THE SAME POT OR GRILL AS MEAT.

have adequate vegan choices? TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT ...MAYBE 20 TIMES.

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? OFTEN, USUALLY NO MORE THAN 1-2 FRIENDS. IT'S USUALLY HARD TO CONVINCE A WHOLE GROUP OF PEOPLE.

================
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

[QUOTE=chickendude]

Are you vegan?

================
    to eat out at? 4 or 5 - I am lucky where I live

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? I cook probably four times a week, and eat out the rest. Sometimes I eat baked beans, or vegan hot dogs, but hardly ever.

clearly marked vegan entrees? Of course

vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? Yes

have adequate vegan choices? A few times - maybe 10 because I was in America and didn't know where to go

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? Never - Only vegetarian restaurants - there aren't many exclusively vegan restaurants but plenty of vegetarian. Probably 4 times, ranging from groups of 4 to 15.

How often do you eat out? about once a month

Are you vegan? yes

================
    to eat out at? 5

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? I cook about 4 x and my husband about 3.

clearly marked vegan entrees? yes

vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? yes

have adequate vegan choices? more times than I can count.

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? probably twice. One group of 5 and the other 3.

================

================
    1. Would a restaurant providing solely vegan foods deter you from eating there?

introduced some lose any of your interest?

vegan choices?

================

Once a week.

Are you vegan?
    Yes.

================
    to eat out at?

5. 0.

YES.

YES.

In the past 4 months about 10.

0. I know no vegan restaurants. If I did I would.

Once a week, sometimes (pretty rarely) more than once a week.

Are you vegan?
    Yes

to eat out at?
    6 (if I'm in my city which is quite vegan friendly, and I'm familiar with all the options)...when I travel it's much more difficult.

I eat cooked meals, salads, fruit, cereals, etc every day. I almost never buy prepared meals.

I don't know if I'd be more likely to eat out, but I'd be more likely to eat out at that particular restaurant, especially if they had actual flavorful vegan meals, rather than just pasta with sauce or salad with 2 kinds of veggies and no dressing. And I would most definitely go there if it had vegan desserts!!!

Yes (same as above question)

I usually go to vegan-friendly places. Otherwise, I usually find something, even if it's only an appetizer, but I'd very much prefer an actual meal. I have refused to eat a restaurant on several occasions.

There are no vegan restaurants here, but there are quite a few places with vegan options, and I influence the groups with which I go almost every time. Group size is about 2-6.
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

How often do you eat out? Once a week on average

Are you vegan? yes

1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? 8

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? 70% of the time i cook my own food, other 30% is fruit, nuts and occasionally some junk food

clearly marked vegan entrees? Yes if any restaurant even knew wat a vegan was i would be happily surprised, last time i went to a restaurant i brought a big list explianing what i choose not to eat (specific stuff) and let the chef keep it for future ref

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? Yes

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? 2 times, becuase they started to get in a heated discussion regarding my choice of lifestyle

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? 2-10 people maybe 10 times, lol i am a bitch

How often do you eat out? Rarely. Once every month or two, maybe?

Are you vegan? Yes.

================
    1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? 6-7

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? I cook almost every day (or don't cook, per se, but prepare the food from scratch). Very few prepared meals.

clearly marked vegan entrees? Definitely!

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? Yep. Giving vegans a nod of recognition like this wood be a fantastic first step... and a great alternative to resorting to salads, stirfries, or prima vera pasta.

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? Multiple.

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? We don't actually *have* vegan restaurants in town here. However, I have influenced groups (my family or friends) to select a restaurant with vegan or veganizable options.

1. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (strenuous), how difficult is it to find a place to eat out at? Atlanta has a lot of vegan friendly restaurants so a 1 in terms of making plans. If I'm out and I want to eat spur of the moment I would say a 6.

2. How often a week do you cook? ...eat prepared meals? 5 days a week

clearly marked vegan entrees? Yes

4. Would you be more likely to eat out if a restaurant that didn't have explicit vegan choices noted which ones could be altered to be vegan compatible? Yes

5. How many times have you refused to eat at a restaurant because it didn't have adequate vegan choices? Only when looking at menus posted on the outside of a restaurant.

restaurant? Approximately, how large was/were the group(s)? If you mean non-vegetarians, never.
    Everything I eat has its beginnings in a seed.