Thread: Open Call: Write for An Animal-Friendly Life

Default Open Call: Write for An Animal-Friendly Life

I'm looking for select, committed people who "vibe" with the spirit of ananimalfriendlylife.com to become active writers there. There is no pay (for any of us, I'm afraid), but AAFL has proven to be a great platform for me over the past year, as well as a couple of guest posters and a more recently added team writer, and it could be a great outreach platform for you, too.

Candidates should e-mail me a note of interest, describing your animal-friendly philosophy (lay out your stance on animal issues), your personal background, where you're from, how you came to be someone who advocates on behalf of the animals, any relevant experience in activism and/or writing (and samples, if available), as well as any blogging or blogger experience, some thoughts on what types of entries you'd like to contribute, and what kind of time or posting commitment you would be able to make (daily, weekly, M-W-F, etcetera). You're also welcome to add anything else you think I ought to consider. Finally, take a few days to come up with 3-4 sample posts. Please let me know whether or not you're okay with me posting them (crediting you), even if you are not selected to join the site.

If selected, you will need to register an account with Blogger so that I can add you to the team, and you will also need to conform to the formatting standards for each post, including spelling, restraint with harsh language, antagonism, and all that good stuff. I will not moderate or otherwise screen each and every post. They will go live as soon as you click on "Publish." But as the founder, publisher, and editor of the site, all posts are subject to editing after the fact, or outright removal, if I find content inconsistent with the spirit of the site.

If you're relatively new to An Animal-Friendly Life, please read through the last few months of archives before deciding whether you're a good fit for AAFL. It's quite possible you're not. There are a lot of really cool vegan and animal-friendly blogs out there, and there's probably room for another. But, if you like what the site is about and want to contribute to it, then send in your submission by midnight on May 29th, PST. Depending on the number of e-mails I receive, I will make my decisions some time during the month of June.

Each of the AAFL team members will receive a new "About" page, which will be linked from every byline instead of the current mail link, so be prepared also to provide a short biography. I will provide, if desired, an AAFL e-mail address for writers to include with the biography, if preferred over using a private e-mail address.

If you have any questions about the submission process, just e-mail me, and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks, and good luck!

Default Re: Open Call: Write for An Animal-Friendly Life

Bump.

Deadline is about six days away!