Thread: Dita Von Teese Peta Spokesperson

Default Dita Von Teese Peta Spokesperson

Dita Von Teese is Peta's new Spokesperson!!!! She is speaking out about getting your animals fixed! I thought I couldn't love her any more and then she does this! Isn't she wonderful! <3

"i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Default Re: Dita Von Teese Peta Spokesperson.

To tell you the truth, I don't know much about her, but she does look very sexy!

she was married to Marilyn Manson *ugh* and is a neo burlesque star. She has posed for play boy and is considered one of the greatest pin ups of this era, she is right up there with Bettie Paige for me! sorry I got excited I just love her so much!!!! lol

Good sperm

Shame she advocates wearing fur because it's 'classy'.
    Even if she does use secondhand, it's giving the wrong impression. I read her view on it in her 'Art of the Tease' book and dropped it in disgust at that comment.

i'm not personally a fan of women who take their clothes off for a living.

Quote absentmindedfan View Post
    Shame she advocates wearing fur because it's 'classy'.
    Even if she does use secondhand, it's giving the wrong impression. I read her view on it in her 'Art of the Tease' book and dropped it in disgust at that comment.
    I actually am torn on that and it is kinda consfusing that peta would use her for the fur, however, considering she is vintage hopefully what she is using is vintage too, one could only hope...

Quote Agatha View Post
    i'm not personally a fan of women who take their clothes off for a living.

Burlesque has a deep rich history of theature "stripping" was a very small part of it in the beginning and they rarely showed skin, just the illusion. Dita Von Teese is actually bringing back the art of it in a more classy manner while making it more relavent to today's society.

Good sperm

^ Bingo. Burlesque is coming back because empowered women are choosing to do it and define it how they wish, it's not stripping and even if it was a woman has a right to choose if she wants to take her clothes off for a living. I'd make a damn sight more doing Burlesque or even in a strip club than I do teaching. What's more exploitative working for a pittance in an office prison or stripping earning more money for less work?

Admittedly stripping isn't a wholly positive industry and there is alot of female exploitation but burlesque is more like dancing than an aspect of the sex industry.

BlackCats

I don't see what is wrong with taking your clothes off anyway, at work or at home.
    Is there anything underneath clothes that is so shocking? Other animals walk around naked all the time and no one makes any judgements about them.

I suppose some vegans even wear leather if they owned the shoes or whatever before they became vegan, so I suppose some people wearing second hand fur/ silk is the same? (Saying that I wouldn't.)

(DVT is hot btw.)

Good sperm

I wouldn't wear it either Aphrodite. I think the trouble with fur rather than leather is it's seen as a 'luxury' item and it's quite fetishised, if it's seen as the 'in thing' to have people will buy it secondhand or otherwise.
    If she cares so much why doesn't she promote faux fur and make it obvious that she doesn't like real? Just seems a bit hypocritical.

I think I shall send her a letter! wear faux fur dita! that would be so cool for someone like her actually promoting faux fur.

I walk around naked all the time being a naturist - my husband is so brave No one deserves to see that everyday!
    Silent but deadly :p

I believe it was bettie paige that had once stated that there is nothing wrong with being naked, Adam and Eve were naked and it wasn't until they sinned that they started to wear clothes.... something to ponder. I however am not religious at all, but I think there is nothing at all wrong with the human body and being naked isn't even something we should have to think about. It is when people start to become objectified that it becomes a problem.

Eek! I had no idea she was (and still is???) the PETA spokesperson! I LOVE Dita...was rather obsessed with her/her style when I was younger...I'd never be a burlesque dancer personally, but I do think she is kickass...

I wonder what all them shoes and purses she wears/carries are made of???????????????????

that was kind of discussed at the beginning of the thread. And actually I believe Peta went after her, (I'm pretty sure a long while after she did this promotion) for saying that she really loves fois grais and will never give it up...or something simliar to that... i think that was her...

but anyways...ya take it like it is...and she definately isn't vegan....but i do find her extremely beautiful and I am very obsessed with burelesque, and i appreciate what she has done with it.

leedsveg

I do believe that the technical term for a stripper is 'ecdysiast'.

As someone described a particular performance:
    I had never seen an ecdysiast before; toward the end she was wearing nothing but seven beads, four of them sweat. ...

leedsvegan

Quote missbettie View Post
    that was kind of discussed at the beginning of the thread. And actually I believe Peta went after her, (I'm pretty sure a long while after she did this promotion) for saying that she really loves fois grais and will never give it up...or something simliar to that... i think that was her...

but anyways...ya take it like it is...and she definately isn't vegan....but i do find her extremely beautiful and I am very obsessed with burelesque, and i appreciate what she has done with it.

Oops... sorry Bettie... I'm lazy and had just skimmed through the thread. But I read it now:
    I have absolutely zero against stripping. You wanna walk down the street and strip then I say fine. It's also a great/easy way to make money.
    But this Dita V T is nothing more than a glorified stripper who puts on this ridiculous vintage 40's look and strips more demurely nowadays.

She also does wear fur and if she claims that it's "vintage"/used than she's a huge liar. I doubt a fur coat/wrap/whatever could hold up so perfectly through all these years (and even if it could she's still a vial self centered person for wearing it).I think it's more likely that she wears new fur.

And since she did do an ad for Peta then I would imagine she's got at least some knowledge about the fur and leather industry, yet she wears all of it. Does she care about those animals??? No, she only cares about her narcissistic need to constantly dress like some olden days glamour girl.
    And even though she supposedly feels "guilty" and "horrible" (waaa, poor baby) she still stuffs her face with the foie gra knowing full well how it's made/the torture those birds endure. If she felt so damn bad she'd cut the crap and find something else to eat.
    She sickens me.

http://celebrifi.com/gossip/Dita-Von...er-825603.html

"Dita Von Teese's talent for stripping has earnt her mega bucks - even in the early days. Burlesque beauty Dita started peeling off her clothes for cash when she was just a teen. She says, "I was working as a go-go dancer in nightclubs just out of high school. I was under age. I was only 18. "Then I started stripping and I worked five times a week, sometimes six. In the early nineties I was easily making a thousand or $1,500 a night. I was making a lot of money."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...fetish_1064330

"Von Teese Clashes With Peta Over Her Foie Gras Fetish"

"Burlesque star DITA VON TEESE has clashed with animal charity People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PETA), after confessing her love for controversial French delicacy foie gras. The exotic dancer has already been accused of hypocrisy for continuing to eat meat and wear fur, despite her ties to the animal rights organisation. And now she has confessed one of her favourite foods is the engorged liver of ducks and geese, telling The New York Times, "My guilty pleasure is eating foie gras in Paris. I feel guilty and horrible about it." Her comments have angered PETA. The charity's media director Michael MCGraw tells WENN, "We were aware that Dita is not a vegetarian before working with her, and she has brought much needed attention to an important PETA campaign promoting spaying and neutering of companion animals. "But foie gras entails some of the cruelest factory farming abuses, which is why most people choose not to eat it. "Foie gras is made from the grotesquely enlarged livers of ducks and geese who are cruelly force-fed by pipes that are shoved down their throats every day, pumping up to four pounds of grain and fat into their stomachs. We hope that Dita does the right thing and eliminates foie gras from her diet."

Default Re: Dita Von Teese Peta Spokesperson

^ didn't I just say that?

I don't have to agree with her ethics.

but like I said before, I admire her for her work with burelesque. and I do find her beautiful.

You seem to be a really big Peta support huh Jefff? Don't you think that they would research their spokespeople a little bit better before they put their logo on them? I'm pretty sure Dita has always been as she is...and yet Peta picked her as a spokesperson...seems pretty interesting to me.

Peta is such an odd, strange organization...they've done a lot of good but they are definately weird.

She is still a sort of role model for me...just definately not a vegan one. which sucks...but it unfortunately is what it is.
    Last edited by missbettie; Apr 16th, 2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added.

Quote missbettie View Post
    ^ didn't I just say that?

I don't have to agree with her ethics.

but like I said before, I admire her for her work with burelesque. and I do find her beautiful.

You did say it, yes.
    It was no offense to you... I just get so angry at people like her. Not just her... anybody who does those things angers me.
    Yes, I'm angry a lot!

(again, no offense to you).

ok i understand.