Thread: anyone have a child born around january 2005?

Default anyone have a child born around january 2005?

i thought it would be nice to see what other vegan kids around my daughter's age are up to

xylia was born on the 11th of january, 2005. she's a spunky kid, but goes back and forth with food. somedays she eats and eats, and other days she'll just pick at stuff.

i'm not overly concerned, as she's healthy, and finally back on her growth curve (she lost a bit of weight last autumn, after having two nasty tummy bugs and having her thyroid meds a bit too high.).

i'm really enjoying raising her, and i'm loving her transition into toddlerhood.

we've just gone through the eruption of her molars, and we're waiting on one of her lower incisors. hopefully we'll have a bit of a break after that, until her canines and her two year molars come in. she doesn't do teething very well...

xylia was born without a thyroid gland, she takes meds daily for this, and gets her blood checked about every 2-3 months.

she was conceived after three years of trying and a bit of clomid to help me ovulate.

that's us! anyone else around?
    hannah, 28 (vegan), bryce, 28 (ovolacto), xylia born january 2005 (vegan)

Default Re: anyone have a child born around january 2005?

hi there!

my daughter isnt quite the same age as yours but was born in the same year
    she was born november 2005. At the moment she has 2 bottom teeth and 4 coming through at the top! just recently she's learnt to roll over too oh and keeps grabbing the spoon from me when im trying to feed her which always turns out messy! she's quite a happy baby and really loves attention i dont where she gets it from as we're both pretty laid back.

by the way xylia is a lovely name!

we've found the same thing with xylia's personality versus ours! my husband and i are both on the shy side, but xylia is as social as they come!

xylia got her two bottom teeth and her top four teeth between 5months old and 9 months old. then nothing until these ones popped through the other week. of couse, she's been acting like they were about to pop through since january!

what's your daughter's name?

before we moved to devon, we were living in ormskirk, west lancs. i've got a lot of family up that way.

My daughter is ali(for short)She's nearly 7 months old seems to have gone really quick it'll be her 1st birthday in no time! im going back to work part time in a few weeks id rather be at home though i enjoy being with her. Luckily grandparents are going to be looking after her when am at work so i know she'll be getting the food etc i want her to have. she might go to a day nursery for a day too.

i worked part time for about a month when xylia was 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 months old. she went to a nursery near us. when she started she was still solely on breastmilk, so i was pumping a lot, and going to the nursery in the afternoon so she could have another nursing session... any guesses why i only worked for a month?? when she started solids, she started with bananas, but we had made sure that the nursery understood her diet, and that they were happy to comply with it as she got older. it didn't turn into an issue though, as i quit working.

xylia will be going to nursery starting in september. i've talked about her food needs, and their happy with it. they get the children's hot meals from the college's cafes, and they said that they were sure there'd be something for her. i asked if they had a problem with me supplying her food instead and they said that it's not a problem.

i've liked both of the nurseries i've had contact with. both were/are also fine with xylia being in cloth nappies.

i wish we had grandparent help! that would make stuff so nice. but, i think xylia's going to love nursery. she treats the baby clubs we go to as such-- we go in, i put her down, and she runs off and plays with the other kiddos. sometimes she comes back to check in with me... but she'd rather meet all the other kids and parents!

good luck with going back to work!

we use cloth nappies too! which ones are you using? we use ella's house hemp nappies but we're gonna have to order her next nappies soon as she'll soon be growing out of them. was thinking of getting a different type though as they dont seem that absorbent. we asked at a few nurseries about using cloth and they seemed quite surprised by our decision! one woman said "ive worked here 10 years and no one else has asked about us using cloth nappies".

we're using bambino mio. they're pretty good, but they're also all we could find in person...

later on we found out that one of the parents to be classes in the area had someone visit with a variety of cloth nappies. i wish we'd been there! but, we moved down here when i was about 7 months pg, and we thought we were at the only parenting class around. ours sucked crap, and i was a bit disappointed to find out about the other one.

anyway, we bought a birth to potty pack of bambino mio. they've done their job, and if we have another, we'll probably use them again (unless we get different covers, but we've got all these perfectly servicable prefolds, you know?).

xylia's a slim baby, and these ones seem like they'd be better for a babe with more chub.

i've only met a few other people who use cloth nappies. most others are impressed with our choice, which i find strange. i mean, it's just what made sense to us!