Thread: simplest and most nutritious raw vegan daily diet?

Default simplest and most nutritious raw vegan daily diet?

alright, here's the deal. i am a college student who's decided to go raw vegan after over a year of being vegan. to me, it seems like the next logical step. one of the reasons i decided to do this was because i simply was not eating enough nutritious food, even as a vegan. this was partly due to laziness, unfortunately. now my question is, as far as a raw vegan diet goes, would anyone be so kind as to give their ideas as to what is the simplest and most nutritious daily diet one can achieve? i know it seems a bit much to ask, and i'm not asking that anyone give me a completely comprehensive answer (although it would be much appreciated) but the reason i ask this, is because i'm not clear on what nutrients are absolutely essential to maintain good health. my goals are to be in optimum health and spend the least amount of time preparing food because frankly, i'd much rather spend my time doing other things. thanks

Default Re: simplest and most nutritious raw vegan daily diet?

Not that I am an expert, but I believe that Raw Foodists eat plenty of fruit, nuts, seeds, and often smoothies and juices (?).

The best place to start are the major nutrients; Protein requirements will be covered by eating plenty of nuts and a mixture of vegetables, carbohydrates come from veg and fruit and nuts and seeds. Fibre shouldn't be a problem.

For fats, make sure you eat avacado, flax seeds, oils etc. As for vitamins, B-12 is a (debatable) problem, so it may be best to take a supplement to be safe. All other vitamins can be obtained sufficiently through a mixed raw diet.

Hi!
    Please have a look at this thread and let us know what you think....!

Perhaps we could merge it here?