Thread: Vegan in Turkey

Default Vegan in Turkey

me and my boyfriend are going to Fethiye in Turkey next month - and i'm starting to wonder if i'm going to have to take a vegan sabatical (and how my stomach/personal ethics will handle that). Does anyone have any thoughts on how badly i'm liable to have it? Or what I could do to manage it? Am going to invest in the vegan-soc's Vegan Passport but i'm not sure how much this can help me
    "Life is beautiful. Let future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full." Leon Trotsky

Default Re: Vegan in Turkey

I haven't been to Turkey but friends have told me it's good for vegetarians (except perhaps in very remote places) and as (judging by Turkish restaurants) they don't seem to use all that much dairy produce or eggs I would have thought you'd be OK. Turkish restaurants in London are quite vegan friendly except that they have a tendency to put yoghurt on the side of things - quite happy to leave it off if you ask them though.

I hope you'll get some first hand information but in the meantime I shouldn't despair. There seems to have been a vegetarian restaurant in Fethiye at one point http://www.vegdining.com/GetRest.cfm?rk=TUR-FETH-OURPL
    - wonder if it's still there.