Thread: Seedney

Default Seedney

Going to Sydney in a couple o' weeks to see the old man and his missus.

Who can recommend a few good places to get vegan goodies? Want to hook up with some Tofutti stuff 'cause everyone reckons that's the goodness right there.

Saw this recommendation in another thread, so will check out this place...

Follow the white rabbit... "to the green gourmet shop (next door to restaurant near cnr Missendon Rd, not sure of real name of shop) in King St Newtown, they sell vegan ice creams by a brand called tofutti which are de-fkn-licious. They also sell lots of other vegan frozen goods and the restaurant is great too, however was only open for dinner when I was last in Sydney."

Any other good recommendations on eating spots or hot shops? I'll be taking the chilli bin and filling it up when I'm there. Ooh plus, duty free - yay.
    When the water is still, it can behold the moon.

Default Re: Seedney

Vegans choice is next to green gourmet, they are owned by the same people. Green Gourmet is the restaurant and Vegans Choice is the shop and I bought sour supreme, that's the tofutti sour cream, there on the weekend.

Here's a link for the shop

http://www.greengourmet.com.au/green.htm

I also bought $20 worth of ice cream for my mums birthday. Vegan Ice cream that is. They do have tofutti ice cream but they also maket their own. In the restaurant you can get deep fried vegan ice-cream. MMMmmm Chocolate is my favourite.

In Newtown there is also a Thai Vegan restaurant called Green Palace and there is a vietnamese Vegan restaurant called Celestial Palace.

In the city (Sydney) there is Peace Harmony, a Thai Vegan place, there is the Sydney Pitt St Vegetarian Yum Cha (a favourite of mine) There is Mother Chu's chinese and vegan and there is Bodhi Yum Cha.

In Glebe, on Glebe Point Rd, not far away from Newtown, there is a big health food store called GNC. There is a health food store in Newtown on King St but it has less stock than GNC. CNG has a fridge full of different flavours of Toffuti ice cream.

I am sure you will have a great time.

What a briliant response, thank you.

I will check out the link and study some of those locations with a map when I get there so I can get on the train and check them out.

I see much good eating and frolikicking ahead.

Wonder how the family would feel about a trip to a vegan restaurant, might be worth a try.

I've taken my family to Green Gourmet and to Green Palace. We went to green palace for xmas lunch almost my whole family and some others. It's nice food so people just like it.

I've taken quite a few carrion eaters to the pitt st vegetarian yum cha and a few of them tell me prefer it to meatatarian yum cha and ask to be taken again (and again). MMMmmm I want to go now.

When last in Sydney on a visit, I went to both Green Gourmet restaurants, one in town and one on the North Shore. They were both superb. I'm sure your family would love going to either of these vegan restaurants - certainly worth a try, especially as some omnivores feel comfortable to eat food that looks like chicken, fish, etc.
    Eve

That sounds excellent, thanks for that guys! I will look at the fundage when I get there and see about taking them all out to eat vegan.

I know pops hasn't seen me for two years so I reckon he'll be pretty keen to try anything new like that - good fun!