Thread: T.E.N.S. Machines

Default T.E.N.S. Machines

I'm currently in constant mild pain from a back injury, which is likely to last a good few months more - I'm on pain killers, but they dont' stop it totally.
    I've been looking at TENS machines on ebay - that send a small electric current through the skin to block pain, and make the body produce endorphins. They're often recommended for back pain.
    I just wondered if anyone here has ever tried one, whether they're any good or not?
    ...set black streamers in the sky and ride against the kingdom of the gods. Christopher Marlowe

Default Re: T.E.N.S. Machines

Don't worry about that question - after i posted it I went to the chemist to pick up a prescription, and they had TENS machines on sale, reduced from £40 to £10 - so I got one - I'm sitting here twitching in time to little electric shocks atm
    ...set black streamers in the sky and ride against the kingdom of the gods. Christopher Marlowe

where did you see them reduced? was it a nationwide chemist by any chance?

yes, it was in a Lloyd's Chemist.

Let us know if its any good

Only tried it once so far, it seems very good.
    After about 45 minutes of using it, i was feeling no pain at all, and i've stopped using it and still feel fine (it stimulates endorphin production, so the pain-relief is supposed to last well after you turn it off)

My sister is in a lot of chronic back pain due to a spinal fusion - keep us posted about how effective this it - it might be worth us trying it out!

Thanks Soyabean!
    "if compassion is extreme, then call me an extremist"

After a couple of days trial, I think I would recommend it.
    It takes a bit of getting used to, finding the ideal location for the pads, the best settings etc.
    At 1st, it's quite hard to tell if it's really having any effect other than just distracting you, but after a while on a good choice of setting - in my case i'd say at least 20-40 mins of use, preferably longer, it starts to be an extremely effective painkiller, and the effect continues after you turn it off.
    I think i got a bargain at £10 in my local Lloyd's Chemist. They seem to retail for around £40 min usually, although a lot of sellers have them on e-bay at buy it now prices around £18. The one I have is a Solpadeine brand.

I did tell a friend of mine I'd got one, and she got unnaturally excited, and told me they're quite popular amongst bdsm fans!
    I'm far too innocent to know about that sort of thing...

The manual warns about attaching it to "certain" areas. Also says you shouldn't use it if you are an alcoholic - I still can't work that one out.