Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What vegan restaurants are in your area?

Default What vegan restaurants are in your area?

This place is about 20-25 mins. from my house Check it out...

SUBLIME RESTAURANT AND BAR
    Fort Lauderdale Florida
    FULLY VEGAN.
    Gourmet and Organic and Vegan
    SPECIALTIES: Spicy Tempura Frito Misto (Tempura coated Cauliflower Drizzled with a Sweet Chili sauce); Quinoa, Avocado and Sweet Potato Timbale (with roasted Tolmitlio dressing); Sublime Piccatta (Lemon-Caper Sauce, Sautéed Spinach); Ancho-Orange Glazed Sublime Steak (Grilled with fresh Avocado, Smoked Black Beans, Braised Spinach); Pan Roasted "Sublime Loaf" (Port Wine Reduction, Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Caramelized Onions, Sautéed Vegetables).
    http://www.sublimerestaurant.com/
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Default Re: What Vegan restaurants are in your area?

Heres what i got. Souther California.. Orange County.
    NATIVE FOODS strictly vegan)
    (down the street from my house.. im way too lucky)
    pretty well known, have a few other locations spread around the southern california area.they have awesome burgers and tacos. pretty basic food.. casual.
    WHEEL OF LIFE strictly vegan)
    4th generation vegan restaurant. pretty fancy, amazing thai food, this place is the talk of all the vegans around here. haha
    BODHI TREE strictly vegan)
    asian food, not too familier with it. awesome fried rice. too bad its located in asshole central, aka main street, huntington beach.

those are the more notable ones. veggie cuisine is abit north for me, and theres the thsia lai buddhist temple (sorry for that embarrassing spelling). it's a good time to be vegan

Where I live:

Green Gourmet

Green Palace

Celestial Palace

Joy

Where I work:

Bodhi

Peace Harmony

Pitt St Vegetarian Yum Cha

Mother Chu's

All these restaurants are Vegan

Antony

Where I live there is 1 vegetarian restaurant, and that is Global Vegetarian. I don't like it very much.

Wow! I miss Cali!!! That is where I am from!! They do have some great Vegan spots out there!!!

Quote fightback
    Heres what i got. Souther California.. Orange County.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Coming to you from the vegan wasteland of Maine

There is one called Little Lad's an hour away from me in Portland. It's run by seventh day adventists so it is vegan because of religion not for animal reasons. But they keep having trouble with managers leaving and keep closing periodically. Haven't checked on their situation for a while. This is a good reminder to do that

3 hours away across state lines is Susty's Radical Vegan Foods in Northwoods NH. That place is incredible. We make a trip there every so often, bring our cooler and load up.

I'm envious of you guys who have so many choices near you.

It's not fair, everyone's talking about these great vegan restaurants and over here in Northern Ireland there's none.

we have a few:

http://www.greencuisine.com/

and heres a list of other vegetarian restaurants and restaurants with vegetarian options:

http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.ne...estaurants.htm

id really like to try the lotus pond.

theres lots of other restaurants which often cater to being vegan. i went to a restaurant called the reef. they have things like plantain fries, yam fries, curry tofu samosas, and even the buns they give you to start are vegan. great place, with reggae music and all caribbean style.

http://www.thereefrestaurant.com/

and the rebar restaurant which has lots of vegan stuff:

http://www.rebarmodernfood.com/
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

we've got two vegetarian places nearby-- willow cafe and fat lemons. both serve excellent vegan things

nothing like the choices i had living back in the s.f. and monterey bay areas of california, though...
    hannah, 28 (vegan), bryce, 28 (ovolacto), xylia born january 2005 (vegan)

*crosses Maine off of places to visit* haha
    california is THE place to be for vegans it seems!

tabitha

Theres only one in the Southend area that I know of - Cafe Pulse. Its nice but a bit over priced. If anyone knows anymore, please let me know.

i'm pretty lucky, i live near los angeles, hollywood, and santa monica that is just SWIMMING with vegan restaurants. there are also smaller ones near where i live that are LOVELY
    Peace Love Surf.

vegan1969

The closest vegan restaurant is about 60-70 miles, we are moving soon and this plays a small role in our decision to move.

None.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

haha nice quote-dealy tigerlily! =)
    but i would have to say i'm more opposed to fur because it is solely murdering for fashion, whereas leather coomes from a 'product' people eat, and is more of a necessity for motorcycling. (can def be argued against there though)

Quote sandra
    It's not fair, everyone's talking about these great vegan restaurants and over here in Northern Ireland there's none.
    You could open one up And all the VFers would come and dine there. People would come from near and far.... right?

Fightback, the leather industry is an industry in its own right, it's not like "recycling" the cow.

What a great idea Fiamma, if only I had the money that's just what I'd love to do!

Oh Sandra so would I. I've imagined owning more of a tea shoppe (like the spelling ?) I would sell my own home made aduki bean pasties, with lots of delicious salads, and obviously other stuff but it's the ambience I'd create. I'd have soft calming music in the background during the day but in the evening it would change to be a bit more up tempo and would be THE place for vegans to meet. The menu would be created as we went along as to what customers wanted to see on the menu. I probably wouldn't make a profit but as this dream would only come true if I won the lottery that wouldn't matter anyway.....Oh heck what was the question now, I've just come back to the land of reality x
    All of life is a dream walking
    All of death is a going home Chinese saying

Quote fiamma

Fightback, the leather industry is an industry in its own right, it's not like "recycling" the cow.
    this isn't the thread for this, but your saying they kill a cow solely for its skin, leaving more of their profit to just rot?
    I don't know much about this industry.. i find it disgusting anyway so i don't need convincing to not support it. but i should know for other peoples sake, suppose you can't blindly NOT support something. haha
    Murder, violence, death and rape.. everyday there's no escape

Hi Fightback, all I meant was that often people are under the mistaken impression that leather is just a by-product of the meat industry. The leather industry involves a lot of cruelty, as you can read here. But I didn't mean to drive this forum off track - sorry

In Los Angeles there's also the Newsroom cafe and Real Food Daily which are both trendy and frequented by celebs (barf!), but the food is splendid and its all vegan.
    Also Paru's is a vegetarian Indian place and it is highly recomeded.

I love RFD and Paru's! Have you ever been to California Vegan? It's superb imo. I want to try Urth Cafe too.
    Peace Love Surf.

Most of the restaurants in Ann Arbor offer vegan options or will create a vegan dish if you ask. I copied some information about some of my favorites and pasted it here.
    Seva is probally the one that we take out of towners to the most or use for special occasions. It is so great!

Del Rio
    122 West Washington
    734-761-2530
    Hours: Monday to Friday 4:30 pm to 1:35 am; Sat 1:30 pm to 1:35 am; Sun 5:30 pm to 2 am
    Mexican, American and Italian. Mainly Vegetarian. Not pure vegetarian.
    Menu: Salads, nachos, wheat crust pizzas, tempeh burgers and quesadillas.
    Comments: Hip and popular.

**Earthen Jar
    311 South Fifth Avenue
    313-327-9464
    Hours: Monday to Thursday 11 am to 8 pm; Friday 11 am to 9 pm; closed Saturday & Sun.
    Fully Vegetarian Indian. Vegan options. Buffet-style.
    Menu: Has a large selection of vegetarian dishes.
    Comments: Indian food buffet-style where you pay by the pound. Several vegan options are available. Communal seating. Reasonably priced.
    Other Info: Limited service, take-out. Non-smoking. Reservations not necessary. No credit cards; cash or checks only. Price: $-$$.
    Directions: It is near the Ann Arbor District Library. From I-275 (Rte 14), take the Ann Arbor/Toledo exit, then take the Rte 14 exit (#45) on left towards Ann Arbor, then get on Rte 14 going west for 1 mile, then take US-23 Br exit (#3) towards downtown Ann Arbor, merge onto N Main St (bear right) and go 1.4 miles south, at E Liberty St turn left and go 2 blocks, at S 5th Ave turn right and this place is right there.

Inn Season Café
    211 E Washington St
    734-302-7701
    Hours: Tuesday to Thursday 11:30 am to 9 pm
    Friday & Saturdya 11:30 am to 9:30 pm
    Vegetarian Restaurant. Vegan-friendly. Organic.
    Other Info: Full service.

Mysore Woodlands
    314 Detroit St, Kerrytown area
    734-213-6017
    Vegetarian South Indian. Vegan-friendly.

People's Food Co-op and Café Verde
    216 North 4th Avenue, Ann Arbor
    734-994-9174
    email: pfc@izzy.net
    Web site: http://www.izzy.net/~pfc/
    Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 9 am to 10 pm; Sunday 8 am to 10 pm
    Hot Bar Hours: Monday to Friday 11 am to 3 pm, 5 pm to 8 pm; Saturday 11 am to 2 pm; Sunday 4 pm to 7 pm
    Natural Food Store. Good Salad Bar. Organic produce.
    Menu: Vegetarian sandwiches, salads, Tempeh Reuben sandwich and soups are available all day. The Hot Bar has Rice & Beans, main dishes, beans, kale, steamed vegetable and other dishes.
    Comments: Friendly, helpful people. The items in the cold deli and soups are available all days. The hot dishes in the Hot Bar are available for lunch and dinner and is closed part of the time.
    Directions: This place is in the middle of town. From I-94, take Jackson Ave exit (#172), then go east on Jackson Ave (becomes W Hurron St) for 2¼ miles, then at N 4th Ave turn left and this place is 1½ block down.

**Seva
    314 East Liberty Street
    734-662-1111
    Hours: Monday to Thursday 10:30 am to 9 pm; Friday 10:30 am to 10 pm; Saturday 10 am to 10 pm; Sunday 10 am to 9 pm; Sunday Brunch.
    Vegetarian Mexican, American and International. Mostly vegan. Organic produce is used whenever possible. Juice Bar. Serves eggs.
    Menu: Has a large selection of interesting vegetarian meals. Soups, salads, whole-wheat bread, a good selection of tofu dishes, sandwiches, nachos, Sesame Noodle Salad, Wild Mushroom Salad, Chinese dishes, Italian pastas, couscous, veggie burgers, Curry with Brown Rice & Lentils, Tempeh Wrap in Baked Tortilla (recommended), Caribbean Quesadilla (recommended), brown rice, Portabella Burger, BBQ Eggplant Sandwich, Walnut Mushroom Pasta, pizzas, Yam Fries (excellent), Salsa & Guacamole, Stir-fried Vegetables, Spicy Tofu Jerk with Rice & Red Beans and desserts including Tofutti vegan "ice cream" and vegan Chocolate Cake. The Sunday brunch is good. Scrambled Tofu Platter is recommended. Fresh juices and smoothies.
    Comments: Their Mexican dishes get very high recommendations. Very poplar. Vegan dishes are marked on the menu. Has health conscious foods. Has a pleasant location and a relaxed, romantic atmosphere. Has an outdoor patio area for dining. Friendly, efficient service. Local organic produce is often used. Plants, stained glass windows. Happening, in place. Got an award for best vegetarian restaurant in Michigan. Main Street Comedy Showcase is downstairs.
    Other Info: Full service, take-out, catering. Non-smoking. Reservations suggested for weekends. Accepts AMEX, DC, DISC, MC, VISA. Price: $-$$.
    Directions: This place is in the middle of town. From I-94, take Jackson Ave exit (#172), then go east on Jackson Ave (becomes W Hurron St) 2¼ miles, then at N 5th Ave turn right and go 2 blocks, then at E Liberty St turn left and this place is near the corner.

Shalimar
    307 S Main St
    Ann Arbor, MI 48104
    734-663-1500
    Hours: Daily 11:30 am to 3 pm, 5 pm to 10 pm
    Indian. Vegan options. Not pure vegetarian.
    Menu: Has a good selection of vegetarian Indian dishes. Also serves Mexican dishes. Non-alcoholic beer.

Sunflower Café
    211 East Washington, between 4th & 5th Avenue
    734-302-7701
    Hours: Tuesday to Thursday 11 am to 9 pm; Friday & Saturday 11 am to 10 pm; Sunday Brunch.
    International. Very Vegetarian friendly. Not pure vegetarian (serves fish). Macrobiotic and Vegan options.
    Menu: Sunrise Burrito, large selection of salads, Nori Rolls, pizzas, Scrambled Tofu, tortilla, Roasted Potatoes, Brown Rice, Portabella Burger, Tempeh Burger, Sunflower Burger, Open Face Sandwich, soups, Chips & Salsa, Vegetable Stir-fry, Enchiladas, Taos Burrito, spaghetti, Shanghai Noodle Factory and vegan desserts. On the pizzas can have either cheese or soy cheese (is not vegan). Organic coffee.
    Comments: Food freshly prepared. Has Sunday Brunch. Local organic produce used when possible.
    Directions: This place is in downtown Ann Arbor. From I-94, take Jackson Ave exit (#172), then go east on Jackson Ave (becomes W Hurron St) for 2¼ miles, then at N 5th Ave turn right and go 1 block, then at E Washington St turn right and this place is 1 block down near S 4th Ave.

I love the sound of your tea shoppe Poppy, it's just the sort of place I would like to go to! I tell you what, if I ever win the lottery I will give you the money to open your shoppe [I love the way you spelt it by the way].
    p.s. would you send me the recipe for your aduki bean pasties?

Connecticut, USA - NONE.

(There are 4 vegetarian restaurants - Bloodroot in Bridgeport, Alchemy in Hartford, Udupi Bhavan in Middletown and Claire's Corner Copia in New Haven).
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

The Spiral Diner. The only fully vegan restuarant in Fort Worth, Texas that I can find.

http://www.spiraldiner.com/main/index.htm

The food is fantastic there. I just wish it was a bit lighter on the pocket. As is, it's only a special visit like once a month or so.

If anyone in the DFW area know of any other vegan place, let me know!

On their site:
    Don't forget about all you can eat
    Pancake Breakfast on Sundays!

They would probably have to kick me out!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

LOL!!

Don't most "All you can eat" places have a set time limit? Like if you haven't gutsed yourself to Kingdom Come within 2 hours they kick you out?

In Seattle, my favorite place is called Cafe Flora. It's a vegetarian/vegan place that is so cute and SO delicious!

http://www.cafeflora.com/menus.htm
    Call me Candi! :D

Also, add me on your MySpace account! http://www.myspace.com/vegancandi :)

Zandi........YUM!!!! I think I might have to make a trip down to Seattle sooner rather than later. Those menus are just making my mouth water!!

Hi Roxy! Oh, Cafe Flora is such a great place! You will like it! We spent a long time just sitting and drinking tea after lunch, and it was so unrushed and friendly! I ordered this:

ARTICHOKE CANNELLONI - Artichoke hearts and zucchini in crispy cannelloni pasta with white wine cream sauce, pinenuts, Parmesan cheese and a saute of greens.
    (Available Vegan)

The vegan version was in a really good marinara sauce instead of the white cream one. I was too full to get dessert though, but I was dreaming of that coconut/mango one!!

Is Seattle a long drive for you? I'm on the east side of Seattle, so it's only a long trip during rush hours.

My boyfriend says Seattle is a 2 hour drive from here. I've never been there before, but he's been lots of times.

I was looking at that Canneloni on the menu, also the coconut tofu with sweet chilli dipping sauce sounds divine.

I want to try the chocolate strawberry cake with chocolate sauce too! Although, that mango/coconut trifle sounds soooooo good Maybe I'll just get both and bring home what I can't finish lol!

Lol! That's a good idea!

My daughter got the vegan chocolate/peanut butter cake. We never really have desserts like that, so I was a little worried about vegan cake in general. Well! It was so good! She loved it! (I had to sample too!)

I think there are a few new desserts each time you go, so you may have even more to choose from! They bring the dessert tray right to your table to see what they all look like!

Yes, you will need one for the road! A long trip like that requires some chocolate strawberry cake!

LOL My boyfriend just made me repeat what your daughter had for dessert because it sounded so good!!

Ohhhhhhh bring the dessert tray to the table!!! I may have to be restrained! Honestly......vegan deserts are rare for me, so when I have the opportunity to have some, I don't hold back.

I'm not really a guts........

*hee hee* Tell him again! Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Cake! Lol!

I'm the same way with desserts. We never really order them when out. My desserts at home are usually a rice milk shake or soy yugurt. :P So to order cake was really a surprise for my daughter! I would rather have more dinner than dessert typically! (but that coconut/mango dessert loooked so different and good!) I may have to go there just for tea and dessert!

Well, if anyone's ever in the Bay Area at one point or another, here's some good ones- In Berkeley there's Cha-Ya': Vegan Japanese (They have so many options it's unbelieveable); Filleni's(sp?), on University Ave.:Vegan and non-vegan italian based, with vegan meat-lovers pizza...lol; Smart Alec's on Telegraph:Fast food (Yes, it's fast!).....There's also Alive! in SF, which is Macro (Good "cheesecake"....lol), and then up in Sebastopol there's Slice Of Life, which has killer pizza, and awesome goodies (And it's right next to Whole Foods, so you can find anything you want almost....)

Mono, in King's Court, in the Centre of Glasgow. It also has a shop at the back of it selling vegan products, as well as a record shop (keeps the hubby happy when out for a meal!)

It also has a sister pub in the West End called Stereo which I think does food, but it's more pub food.

There's also the Thirteenth Note, across from mono, which is Veggie but also does vegan.

However, one of the best restaurants is in Edinburgh. It's called Black Bo's and it's just off the Royal Mile. It's a veggie place but also has a seperate Vegan menu and Carnivore menu. I know some vegans wouldn't like the idea but it's handy when your husband eats meat.

Portland Oregon

Blossoming Lotus
    Proper Eats
    Veganopolis
    Vegetarian House

The list goes on.....

http://nwveg.org/vegdining.htm

None in this city.

The Null Void

I was going to mention Susty's in Northwood, New Hampshire, but someone else beat me too it! I'll second their food being very good. Even my parents (who are not vegan, but decided that they would go with me), seemed to like their food.

Quote Jane M View Post
    Most of the restaurants in Ann Arbor offer vegan options or will create a vegan dish if you ask. I copied some information about some of my favorites and pasted it here.
    Seva is probally the one that we take out of towners to the most or use for special occasions. It is so great!

Del Rio
    122 West Washington
    734-761-2530
    Hours: Monday to Friday 4:30 pm to 1:35 am; Sat 1:30 pm to 1:35 am; Sun 5:30 pm to 2 am
    Mexican, American and Italian. Mainly Vegetarian. Not pure vegetarian.
    Menu: Salads, nachos, wheat crust pizzas, tempeh burgers and quesadillas.
    Comments: Hip and popular.

**Earthen Jar
    311 South Fifth Avenue
    313-327-9464
    Hours: Monday to Thursday 11 am to 8 pm; Friday 11 am to 9 pm; closed Saturday & Sun.
    Fully Vegetarian Indian. Vegan options. Buffet-style.
    Menu: Has a large selection of vegetarian dishes.
    Comments: Indian food buffet-style where you pay by the pound. Several vegan options are available. Communal seating. Reasonably priced.
    Other Info: Limited service, take-out. Non-smoking. Reservations not necessary. No credit cards; cash or checks only. Price: $-$$.
    Directions: It is near the Ann Arbor District Library. From I-275 (Rte 14), take the Ann Arbor/Toledo exit, then take the Rte 14 exit (#45) on left towards Ann Arbor, then get on Rte 14 going west for 1 mile, then take US-23 Br exit (#3) towards downtown Ann Arbor, merge onto N Main St (bear right) and go 1.4 miles south, at E Liberty St turn left and go 2 blocks, at S 5th Ave turn right and this place is right there.

Inn Season Café
    211 E Washington St
    734-302-7701
    Hours: Tuesday to Thursday 11:30 am to 9 pm
    Friday & Saturdya 11:30 am to 9:30 pm
    Vegetarian Restaurant. Vegan-friendly. Organic.
    Other Info: Full service.

Mysore Woodlands
    314 Detroit St, Kerrytown area
    734-213-6017
    Vegetarian South Indian. Vegan-friendly.

People's Food Co-op and Café Verde
    216 North 4th Avenue, Ann Arbor
    734-994-9174
    email: pfc@izzy.net
    Web site: http://www.izzy.net/~pfc/
    Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 9 am to 10 pm; Sunday 8 am to 10 pm
    Hot Bar Hours: Monday to Friday 11 am to 3 pm, 5 pm to 8 pm; Saturday 11 am to 2 pm; Sunday 4 pm to 7 pm
    Natural Food Store. Good Salad Bar. Organic produce.
    Menu: Vegetarian sandwiches, salads, Tempeh Reuben sandwich and soups are available all day. The Hot Bar has Rice & Beans, main dishes, beans, kale, steamed vegetable and other dishes.
    Comments: Friendly, helpful people. The items in the cold deli and soups are available all days. The hot dishes in the Hot Bar are available for lunch and dinner and is closed part of the time.
    Directions: This place is in the middle of town. From I-94, take Jackson Ave exit (#172), then go east on Jackson Ave (becomes W Hurron St) for 2¼ miles, then at N 4th Ave turn left and this place is 1½ block down.

**Seva
    314 East Liberty Street
    734-662-1111
    Hours: Monday to Thursday 10:30 am to 9 pm; Friday 10:30 am to 10 pm; Saturday 10 am to 10 pm; Sunday 10 am to 9 pm; Sunday Brunch.
    Vegetarian Mexican, American and International. Mostly vegan. Organic produce is used whenever possible. Juice Bar. Serves eggs.
    Menu: Has a large selection of interesting vegetarian meals. Soups, salads, whole-wheat bread, a good selection of tofu dishes, sandwiches, nachos, Sesame Noodle Salad, Wild Mushroom Salad, Chinese dishes, Italian pastas, couscous, veggie burgers, Curry with Brown Rice & Lentils, Tempeh Wrap in Baked Tortilla (recommended), Caribbean Quesadilla (recommended), brown rice, Portabella Burger, BBQ Eggplant Sandwich, Walnut Mushroom Pasta, pizzas, Yam Fries (excellent), Salsa & Guacamole, Stir-fried Vegetables, Spicy Tofu Jerk with Rice & Red Beans and desserts including Tofutti vegan "ice cream" and vegan Chocolate Cake. The Sunday brunch is good. Scrambled Tofu Platter is recommended. Fresh juices and smoothies.
    Comments: Their Mexican dishes get very high recommendations. Very poplar. Vegan dishes are marked on the menu. Has health conscious foods. Has a pleasant location and a relaxed, romantic atmosphere. Has an outdoor patio area for dining. Friendly, efficient service. Local organic produce is often used. Plants, stained glass windows. Happening, in place. Got an award for best vegetarian restaurant in Michigan. Main Street Comedy Showcase is downstairs.
    Other Info: Full service, take-out, catering. Non-smoking. Reservations suggested for weekends. Accepts AMEX, DC, DISC, MC, VISA. Price: $-$$.
    Directions: This place is in the middle of town. From I-94, take Jackson Ave exit (#172), then go east on Jackson Ave (becomes W Hurron St) 2¼ miles, then at N 5th Ave turn right and go 2 blocks, then at E Liberty St turn left and this place is near the corner.

Shalimar
    307 S Main St
    Ann Arbor, MI 48104
    734-663-1500
    Hours: Daily 11:30 am to 3 pm, 5 pm to 10 pm
    Indian. Vegan options. Not pure vegetarian.
    Menu: Has a good selection of vegetarian Indian dishes. Also serves Mexican dishes. Non-alcoholic beer.

Sunflower Café
    211 East Washington, between 4th & 5th Avenue
    734-302-7701
    Hours: Tuesday to Thursday 11 am to 9 pm; Friday & Saturday 11 am to 10 pm; Sunday Brunch.
    International. Very Vegetarian friendly. Not pure vegetarian (serves fish). Macrobiotic and Vegan options.
    Menu: Sunrise Burrito, large selection of salads, Nori Rolls, pizzas, Scrambled Tofu, tortilla, Roasted Potatoes, Brown Rice, Portabella Burger, Tempeh Burger, Sunflower Burger, Open Face Sandwich, soups, Chips & Salsa, Vegetable Stir-fry, Enchiladas, Taos Burrito, spaghetti, Shanghai Noodle Factory and vegan desserts. On the pizzas can have either cheese or soy cheese (is not vegan). Organic coffee.
    Comments: Food freshly prepared. Has Sunday Brunch. Local organic produce used when possible.
    Directions: This place is in downtown Ann Arbor. From I-94, take Jackson Ave exit (#172), then go east on Jackson Ave (becomes W Hurron St) for 2¼ miles, then at N 5th Ave turn right and go 1 block, then at E Washington St turn right and this place is 1 block down near S 4th Ave.
    OOH!
    Ann Arbor, MI added a few!

Sylivio's Organic Pizza: Vegan Pizza by the slice daily $2.50

Big Ten Burrito: vegan plate for $3

Big City Small World Bakery: vegan cookies, cupcakes, and ding dongs for under $4.

Jerusalem Gardens: $2.50 for the best falafel ever

Fleetwood Diner: greasy spoon. fries, and tempeh pita are vegan if you don't get the feta. Well worth the gimey attitude.

Red Hot Lovers: vegan tempeh burger and vegan tofu dog for $3. You have to ask for the white buns, as the wheat have honey.

Unfortunately, Mysore Woodlands, Sunflower Cafe, Inn Season, and Del Rio closed down. Shalimar moved to Main Street.
    context is everything

Ah, I've been to Sublime once. It was really good. I live about 25 minutes from there as well. I live in Boca. Where are you at, Maya?
    "Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you anymore."

Quote Pete Teoh View Post
    None in this city.
    ss none vegan reataurants in this country
    we do have 3 vegetarian restaurants, but none where I live.

Default Re: What vegan restaurants are in your area?

I just found this great place right by where I live, their food is amazing and their mojito pie is to die for!!! http://thegrassrootlife.com/index.html

I went to Brixton yeasterday and went to a place called sitifis..I asked for a vegan meze and got assorted olives, pickled artichokes, stuffed vine leaves, pickled red cabbage, houmous, assorted beans in los of flavours and other veggie type bits I wasn'tsure about as well as salad and warmd pitta..all or 4.95. Exellent servie and food...if I'm in the area again I wil be definately eating here again.

Here's a little review

http://www.urban75.org/blog/cafe-sit...ondon-sw2-1js/

That sounds good Vegan-bellydancer, and not too far from here either. It's not a vegan or veggie place if I understand correctly, but vegan-friendly, is that right?

Quote Moto View Post
    Mono, in King's Court, in the Centre of Glasgow. It also has a shop at the back of it selling vegan products, as well as a record shop (keeps the hubby happy when out for a meal!)

It also has a sister pub in the West End called Stereo which I think does food, but it's more pub food.

There's also the Thirteenth Note, across from mono, which is Veggie but also does vegan.

However, one of the best restaurants is in Edinburgh. It's called Black Bo's and it's just off the Royal Mile. It's a veggie place but also has a seperate Vegan menu and Carnivore menu. I know some vegans wouldn't like the idea but it's handy when your husband eats meat.
    Stereo is now in the city centre and there's now a third vegan restaurant, the 78, in the West End.

Glasgow also has a vegan nightclub, the Flying Duck, and I've heard rumours there is tea and toast available in the kitchen in the wee hours of the morning although I've never been.

I've heard good things about David Banns in Edinburgh.

There are no vegan restaurants where I live, I'm not surprised as its the type of place that would have been rejected by the movie "Deliverance" as being too backwards.
    That notwithstanding there is a lovely pub that has a vegan option and most times a vegan specials board (its about 5-6 miles away)
    called the farmers arms

Quote Firestorm View Post
    There are no vegan restaurants where I live, I'm not surprised as its the type of place that would have been rejected by the movie "Deliverance" as being too backwards.
    Just as well we're anonymous here or they'd all be after you with pitchforks...glad to hear about the nice pub though.

Quote harpy View Post
    That sounds good Vegan-bellydancer, and not too far from here either. It's not a vegan or veggie place if I understand correctly, but vegan-friendly, is that right?
    Yes, it's just vegan friendly...though I went with a veggetarian and meat eater so there was something for us all. I would stop there again next time in Brixton.