Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What vegan restaurants are in your area?

Default Re: What vegan restaurants are in your area?

Vegan and veggie place in Bethnal Green http://www.stmargaretshouse.org.uk/g...food-and-drink

They have a band there on Friday (27th). Would like to check this one out at some point!

We live in Rhode Island, in the corner of New England, and I have to say I am super satisfied with all of the options around me. There is always somewhere I can eat at as well as my omni boyfriend. Not to mention the totally vegan bakery and juice bar on the other side of town
    "it ain't where you put your words, it's where you don't."

In my current hood (San Francisco) I have only tried Gracias Madre (fully vegan), but let me tell you, that was one of the best meals I had ever had in my life!!

In my soon to be hood (Los Angeles) there are a TON! I have only personally tried Native Foods and I was in love, I can't wait to explore all the others. There is even a vegan place that delivers (HEAVEN!). I'll update once I move (one more week - yay!)

Sprig & Vine in New Hope PA.

Reading through this thread again it's wonderful to see how many places in the world have vegan restaurants. As I said on here about 5 years ago, there is not one single vegan restaurant in Northern Ireland and there still isn't. Infact, there isn't even a vegetarian restaurant.
    It's good to know there are more advanced countries in the world that do have vegan places to eat..............you are all so lucky!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

BlackBow

If anybody lives in Pittsburgh or is planning to go there you HAVE to go to a vegan restaurant called "The Loving Hut"! Here's their site:
    http://lovinghut.us/pittsburgh_01/

I
    went there and it was so tasty!!! Everything there is 100 percent vegan. I ordered their cheesecake and it was the best
    cheese cake I ever had

San Diego: Stephanie's bakery in Ocean Beach, super awesome Vegan pizza!!!

In Asheville NC there is a place called Rosetta's Kitchen and another Early Girl Eatery. There is a place that serves meat but also has a vegetarian/vegan menu (I'm pretty sure they cook the vegan food on a separate surface) and it's called The Green Sage. I love Asheville

Quote Firestorm View Post
    There are no vegan restaurants where I live, I'm not surprised as its the type of place that would have been rejected by the movie "Deliverance" as being too backwards.
    That notwithstanding there is a lovely pub that has a vegan option and most times a vegan specials board (its about 5-6 miles away)
    called the farmers arms
    Is that anywhere near St Annes? I am going up north to visit my family next week and am expecting nothing but jacket potatoes and beans! My mum (vegan), grandad (vegetarian), aunt and uncle (pescatarian) go regularly to a carvery. They queue up with everyone else and then go straight past all the meat and pile their plates with all the veggies. They are so well known there now that they get special gravy, stuffing and some other options vegetarian options to go with their meal.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)

Unfortunately no according to google its about 37 miles away!
    I go somewhere local that has a carvery, but they wont let you have the carvery veg with a normal meal (for me - baked beans & chips), I might try asking for the carvery in future but without the meat - thanks for the idea!

Yes probably a bit too far to go, mind you I am travelling 280 miles to visit them!
    Just a shame with the carvery that you still have to pay the same price considering you are only having the cheapest part of the meal.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)

Quote tjay10 View Post
    you still have to pay the same price considering you are only having the cheapest part of the meal.
    The consolation being that it is the tastiest part!

Yes of course and it is quite funny when the 5 of us line up and get to the carvery counter and we all say no meat! We get some very funny confused looks especially from the other people in the queue!

"Vegan World" is in walking distance of me, and I can order in from it .
    There's another vegan one close by called "SunCafe"
    then, another one I drive by sometimes, which is about 2 minutes from Vegan World, called "Vegan Plate", and then, another close by called "Vegan Express" and probably many many more! LA is very vegan friendly
    I also just read an article about Ellen Degeneres opening up a vegan place in the area, so I'll be sure to try that one out!

You all are so lucky! We even don't have a vegetarian restaurant in the near area...

For the next vegan restaurant I'd have to drive 1-1,5 hours. Maybe I will grant that to me on my birthday or so.
    Have a mouth as sharp as a dagger but a heart soft as tofu.
    (Chinese proverb)

None. In my country there is not even one vegan restaurant, even worse, there is not even one vegetarian restaurant Most of people here are meat-eaters who have no idea what vegetarianism is about, so it is kinda hard to live here.

San Antonio, Texas (in the US) has two vegan restaurants.
    Vegeria:
    http://www.myvegeria.com/Home.php
    Green:
    http://www.greensanantonio.com/
    Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace (Schweitzer, 1952)

Quote Mari View Post
    None. In my country there is not even one vegan restaurant, even worse, there is not even one vegetarian restaurant Most of people here are meat-eaters who have no idea what vegetarianism is about, so it is kinda hard to live here.
    Hi!
    What about Indian restaurants? They always have vegetarian meals - and are almost always happy to make vegan versions of them...
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

We have some Indian restaurants, but nothing what would offer raw. Like fruitsalads and fresh juices, it's even pretty hard to find a regular green salad somewhere. Once a friend of mine ordered a "vegetarian meal" in one of our famous restaurants and got a plate of fried potatoes and on the top was bacon! Not soy bacon or something but regular pig BACON. I can't wonder why she didn't complain to anyone or send it back. She just ate the potatoes and her boyfriend ate the bacon

I don't think there are any vegan restaurants where I live... Cafes and restaurants here aren't very good at veganism, I went to a cafe and asked what was vegan and was offered meringue... Oh dear!!

Not a single vegetarian restaurant where I live. NOT. ONE.

we do have a ''veggie friendly'' place called rock and java with a few vegetarian options.
    but with so many mexican meals that can be vegan it is such a waste there isn't really a place... oh well.

Smile Re: What vegan restaurants are in your area?

Hi!
    I am interning in New York for 3 months; here is a list of vegan restaurants in Manhattan or Brooklyn - there is a huge vegan community here, it is amazing!

- One lucky duck
    - Strictly Roots
    - Angelica Kitchen
    - Soy and Sake
    - Candle 69
    - Gingersnap's Organic
    - Loving Hut
    - Organic Village
    - Veggie Castle II

For the New-Yorkers or those who are planning to go to New York, you can find all information about vegan restaurants, bakeries and cafés on forAnima website! - www.foranima.com. It is a new online marketplace exclusively dedicated to vegan products and services The website will be launched very soon! I can't wait!

In some of these carvery's when the veg have been there for a while they put butter on them to make them look nice and shiny again

There is a pub about a 15 minute walk away that used to be one of my favourite pre-vegan haunts (used to be owned by a friend as well), my manager at work asked if I could recommend anywhere around here as he wanted to take his wife to a pub in the country tonight, we looked on their website and it turns out they now cater for Vegans: http://www.shipatlathom.co.uk/

That's a bit of a breakthrough isn't it Fs? Artichokes seem to be involved too!

Quote harpy View Post
    That's a bit of a breakthrough isn't it Fs? Artichokes seem to be involved too!
    Yup, I'm very impressed. I can walk there, have dinner and a few drinks and stagger home again!

There are a good few vegetarian and vegan restaurants here in Barcelona, as well as restaurants with vegan options. There is one 2 minutes walk from my flat called Arc Iris but it doesn't have many vegan options. There are three ethnic non-vegan restaurants with vegan options within 15 minutes of my house; Indian, Ethiopian and Vietnamese. There are a couple of great vegan restaurants within a few metro stops, including a vegan pub (CatBar) and a take-away deli/bakery (Gopal). I'm lucky to live in such a hippy, left-wing city
    Houmous atá ann!

^ Jealous!

I need to revisit Barca again soon.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Quote Gwydion View Post
    ^ Jealous!

I need to revisit Barca again soon.
    Haha, do! I'll bring you on the vegan tour
    Houmous atá ann!

Not one vegan or even vegetarian restaurant in my town.. Not even in the bigger city that's about 7 hours away.

In my town, if I want to eat out, there are two indian places that I could probably get a meal at... and i can get Subway or Pita Pit... or very plain things from Tim Hortons.. There is a mexican place but they don't have a set menu, it changes every day so that would likely not be a good choice. The other restaurants are basically western cuisine, which can be tough... We have a Denny's but the service is so foul I'd never go there.

Then there is the Chinese food restaurant I work at ! Vegans could come in and have plain chop suey, curried chop suey, tofu with chinese mushrooms and broccoli, and probably the hot pot if they left out the meat.

Quote Blueberries View Post
    Haha, do! I'll bring you on the vegan tour
    *Books flight*

Happy belated birthday btw!
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Quote Gwydion View Post

*Books flight*

Happy belated birthday btw!
    Haha! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes
    Houmous atá ann!

Not really a vegan restaurant, but today I checked out the food court opposite my company here in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

I was sceptical at first, so I asked the lady at the Chinese restaurant if they do have anything vegetarian, and she showed me the "vegetarian" side of the counter (opposite from the "animal products| side)

They had about 12 dishes, and the ladles used to put it on your plate have different colours: yellow (one dish) ... contains egg, blue (5 dishes) ... contains onions and garlic (not ok for some buddhists), green (6 dishes) ... does not contain any of the above. No meat, fish, or milk in any of them, she credibly promised.

So I'm really happy, especially as the dishes are supposed to change every day and the total cost of the plate is 5 - 10 MYR (about 1.50-2.50 EUR)

Best regards,
    Andy

Quote Andy_T View Post
    Not really a vegan restaurant, but today I checked out the food court opposite my company here in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

I was sceptical at first, so I asked the lady at the Chinese restaurant if they do have anything vegetarian, and she showed me the "vegetarian" side of the counter (opposite from the "animal products| side)

They had about 12 dishes, and the ladles used to put it on your plate have different colours: yellow (one dish) ... contains egg, blue (5 dishes) ... contains onions and garlic (not ok for some buddhists), green (6 dishes) ... does not contain any of the above. No meat, fish, or milk in any of them, she credibly promised.

So I'm really happy, especially as the dishes are supposed to change every day and the total cost of the plate is 5 - 10 MYR (about 1.50-2.50 EUR)

Best regards,
    Andy
    Wow that sounds great Andy! How are you getting on in Malaysia?
    Houmous atá ann!

Yes, sounds like a find, Andy, especially as it's opposite your office.

I see HappyCow has quite a few listings for the Petaling Jaya area, but whether they are all still open etc is another matter.

Vegan Bunker, on Santiago de Chile (Chile, Southamerica)
    https://www.facebook.com/VeganBunker 100% Vegan

Not local to me, but somewhere we go when out and about is the Burnt Gate in Anslow (nr Burton on Trent)as it has a seperate vegan menu.
    Will be there on Sunday evening

In Melbourne, Shakahari
    http://www.shakahari.com.au/

I have a Vegetarian restuarant that also sells vegan foods across the street from my university. After Worship, my friends and I go there and indulge in all the vegan goodness.
    It is called the Green Door Restaurant.
    It is incredible. It is pay by weight. So you take what you want and then pay by weight.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Vegetarian restuarant that also sells vegan foods across the street from my university. After Worship, my friends and I go there and indulge in all the vegan goodness.
    It is called the Green Door Restaurant.
    It is incredible. It is pay by weight. So you take what you want and then pay by weight.