Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilding

Default Re: 2006 Spring Shape-Up Contest!

Quote catmogg
    I'm up for this but i wouldnt know where to start...?
    Come on over to www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2 and we'll get you started. We might come up with a basic outline to get people going. Everyone will have different goals, so most people will have a different approach, but please join us and ask whatever questions you have.

We'll help you get there.

-Rob
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous

Kevster

I'm up for having a go at this, though i don't have a digital camera, and i'm not personally convinced for the need of pictures (though i understand that it can be a motivator, sign of accomplishment, and demonstrate to others what can be achieved). But that's just me, i'm going to get back fit, and that's enough.

Ha, by doing it this way i'll get a head start on you lot.... as you all slack off before the April 1st date.....

Cool, great to have another one to add to the list. I agree photos are not necessary, but they are a great way to track progress, to show to others after a body transformation and to inspire others and yourself. I've learned a lot from my before and after photos over the years.

Maybe you can borrow a friends' camera? And even if you don't want them displayed to be voted on, send them to me, so I can give you a vegan fitness shirt and certificate at the end of the contest.

robert@veganbodybuilding.com

Have fun! P.S. thanks for the article...I'll get that up ASAP.

-Rob
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous

Kevster, my husband had the same question - Why a picture? I guess it's the best way to judge body transformation over the internet. I agreed with him that those with 40 lbs to lose will certainly have a greater transformation than someone with little to lose. And some of us (especially women) are not able to add much muscle mass in 12 weeks. Hopefully, Robert will take all of this into consideration with his judging. Regardless, we'll all have tremendously buff bodies just in time for bikini weather.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

I'd like to be able to stand on my head in the lotus position, and that would make a nice photo but it's unlikely. Not into competitions, but they can be good motivators.

Quote DianeVegan
    Kevster, my husband had the same question - Why a picture? I guess it's the best way to judge body transformation over the internet. I agreed with him that those with 40 lbs to lose will certainly have a greater transformation than someone with little to lose. And some of us (especially women) are not able to add much muscle mass in 12 weeks. Hopefully, Robert will take all of this into consideration with his judging. Regardless, we'll all have tremendously buff bodies just in time for bikini weather.
    Thanks for the feedback. We are taking lots of things into consideration. The main thing we're trying to do is provide motivation for people to exercise and eat a healthy diet and this is a great way to do it.

12 weeks is a pretty good time frame because it's not too long so people are likely to finish, and it is long enough to see results.

Everyone will have different goals and that is the beauty of it. You just explain in your short bio what the goals were.

As for photos...that is just how things things are normally run, that is, as you say, usually the best way to judge progress in an online contest like this. Remember that everyone wins, but those who wish to send in photos to be judged will have the opportunity to win bigger prizes.

It should be a good time, a motivating time and should make people healthier, which is always a good thing.

To join in with the chatting about this contest on the vegan bodybuilding forum, or to read it, here is the link:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2201

Have fun!
    Robert Cheeke

Koolvedge

Man I've got to start excersizing

I don't mean to get off topic, but this is related to the fitness contest and I wanted to share it. This is a list of my own personal quotes I wrote 6 years ago after completing the Body-for-LIFE challenge.

I was inspired to no end, and perhaps some people will get to experience that feeling from this contest. It is a long list, but please read some of it.

Keep in mind, I wrote it over a half-decade ago:

--

In the March 2000 issue of Muscle Media Magazine, Bill Phillips had a story titled As I see it. He sat down in his house, and for five hours he thought of ideas that would be motivating for readers of his magazine. He wrote them down and had 84 of them listed in his magazine. I read that story over and over and I decided to come up with 82 of my own quotes, visions, and things to consider when climbing the ladder of success. It took me quite a while to complete my list of quotes and I hope that you find them inspiring and motivating, as I found Bill Phillips’ list to be. *I initially had 84 but removed two of them for personal reasons*

Please take the time to allow me to now share with you my views, visions, and the truths I have learned over the course of my 20 years, As I see it…

1. As I see it… When you have a childhood dream that still burns and tugs at your heart when you’re an adult, you owe it to yourself to pursue and achieve this dream.

2. As I see it… You really can give a 110% effort towards something that you are truly passionate about.

3. As I see it… Don’t just reach for the stars. Grab a hold of one, grasp it tightly, and pull it into your heart and soul.

4. As I see it… We are all capable of living each day with a fiery passion and sense of purpose that radiates in our smile and voice.

5. As I see it… They may never say it, but your parents really are proud of you when you follow your heart and chase your dreams.

6. As I see it… If you want it to be, your heart can be your biggest and most powerful muscle in your body.

7. As I see it… We were all born to “be somebody,” look deep inside your heart to find out who and what you are supposed to be.

8. As I see it… Some of us are fortunate enough to have known what we wanted to be since the day we were born.

9. As I see it… I challenge myself everyday to be the most positive and enthusiastic person I know.

10. As I see it… Dare to be different. Successful people always stand out.

11. As I see it… My brother is my best friend and nothing is stronger than family.

12. As I see it… We all need to have heroes, people to admire and look up to. To find a hero, first look to your parents or older brother or sister. Then look to the people who share the same morals and values that you have, and have accomplished the goals that you strive to achieve.

13. As I see it… Don’t be intimidated by people who try to belittle your ambitions. Most of the time they are just jealous of your success or determination to reach the highest peaks of the mountains, and reign over them.

14. As I see it… When backed up against a wall, dig deep, demand excellence, stand tall, and be strong.

15. As I see it… Look in the mirror and stare at your eyes and say, “I can and will be successful.”

16. As I see it… Search for inspiring quotes and put them on the walls of your bedroom. Read them before you go to bed and the first thing when you wake up in the morning.

17. As I see it… The ability to make and keep promises is the key aspect to trust in a relationship.

18. As I see it… Most people are afraid to follow their dreams. The thought of failure is too much for them to handle so they never even try to achieve them.

19. As I see it… Do nice things for people who may be less fortunate than you.

20. As I see it… There is no “I” in “Team,” but there is an “E” for “Everyone.” A team achieves more when everyone contributes.

21. As I see it… When I accomplish a challenging goal it is one of the most powerful and wonderful feelings in the world.

22. As I see it… Before starting a fitness program or diet, know why you’re doing it. Have specific goals with deadlines and visualize the end result each night before going to bed.

23. As I see it… Despite what we may think, we are all talented in our own unique way.

24. As I see it… The people who wake up and jump out of bed with energy and enthusiasm are the people who will be smiling all day, go out of their way to help you, and call you by name.

25. As I see it… Your friends may influence your decisions even more than your parents will.

26. As I see it… A vegan diet is one of the best things you can do for your health and the well being of our planet.

27. As I see it… Go out of your way to make an outstanding first impression.

28. As I see it… If in a tense or nervous situation, take a moment to center and ground yourself and make a thoughtful decision. Remember that nothing is as important as it first seems.

29. As I see it… Nobody knows you better than you do.

30. As I see it… The people who put limits on your abilities, goals, or dreams, may not be the people you want to associate yourself with.

31. As I see it… It is worth it to give up all that you now are to be all that you could become.

32. As I see it… When I workout early in the morning, the rest of the day feels so much better.

33. As I see it… After a grueling leg workout nothing feels better than a slow, deep massage on your quads.

34. As I see it… At least once a month, do something for someone who will never know who did them the friendly favor.

35. As I see it… Be someone’s best friend and be there when he or she needs you.

36. As I see it… We all have 1,440 minutes each day to accomplish everything on our schedule. We are accountable for prioritizing the decisions we make with our time.

37. As I see it… Make it a goal to be somebody’s hero.

38. As I see it… I’d rather have a picture-perfect body than a million dollars in my pocket.

39. As I see it… Your health and well being should be your number one priority, nothing else is more important.

40. As I see it… When lifting weights, nothing feels better than achieving a high point on the bench press with no help from your spotter.

41. As I see it… When going for a run, I pick fresh air, openness, and scenery of the outdoors over a treadmill every time.

42. As I see it… When someone compliments me on my physique, positive attitude, or enthusiasm, I walk on air the rest of the day.

43. As I see it… The words: never, can’t, quit, and fail, are not in my vocabulary.

44. As I see it… There is a Tony the Tiger inside of all of us just waiting to be unleashed.

45. As I see it… Most people use excuses to cover up mistakes, but it takes less time to do something right the first time.

46. As I see it… The people who are scared of going on a diet are the people who could benefit the most from one.

47. As I see it… For some people hope is all they have. Encourage them and don’t take their hope away, for they will be left with nothing.

48. As I see it… Be open to other people’s opinions, ideas, and try new things. One of the best ways to learn is to feed off other people’s experiences.

49. As I see it… Nobody had a bigger heart or passion to win than America’s Greatest Running Legend, Steve Prefontaine “Pre.” Watch the movies Prefontaine, Without Limits, or Fire on the Track to see what I’m talking about.

50. As I see it… When working out, play your favorite music loudly for an extra boost of energy.

51. As I see it… Whether you know it or not, you are a role model for somebody. Watch what you say and know that you’re responsible for your actions.

52. As I see it… Sometimes small setbacks are just blessings in disguise. They enhance your determination and whole-hearted dedication to achieving your goals.

53. As I see it… Always work harder than other people are willing to work. Sweat more, endure more pain, and then reap the rewards of success and achievement.

54. As I see it… Everyday I attempt to consume 4,000 Calories and 200 grams of protein. I don’t always reach that mark but when I go to bed at night I know that I did the best I could given my schedule and the circumstances that day.

55. As I see it… I am a Body-for-LIFE Challenge 2000 Winner. “Winners finish and finishers win.”

56. As I see it… When you succeed be proud of yourself and know that not everyone gets to experience the thrill of success on a consistent basis.

57. As I see it… The song How do you like me now? By Toby Keith will be my personal theme song when I attend my first high school reunion.

58. As I see it… Don’t be afraid to show emotion. Get excited, get angry, get motivated, laugh, cry, yell, and vent. You will feel so much better after a great release.

59. As I see it… Take time to compliment people every day. Do it sincerely and with no desire to gain anything but a smile in return.

60. As I see it… When it comes down to it, it really is the little things that count most.

61. As I see it… Keep records of your fitness progress throughout your training. Chart all of the food you eat, the exercises you complete, and even the amount of sleep you get each night. Refer back to your records to see where things went right or went wrong.

62. As I see it… We need more people like Bill Phillips in the world. People who live each day with a passion to help other people. The kind of person who will motivate you beyond what you thought was possible and the kind of person who will celebrate your success with you.

63. As I see it… Take risks that could result in Greatness! Wayne Gretsky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you never take.”

64. As I see it… On your birthday thank your parents and celebrate with them. They are the reason you are here and it is their day too.

65. As I see it… Believe in yourself and others will believe in you.

66. As I see it… Remember all the people in your life who helped guide you on your road to success. Thank them sincerely and often.

67. As I see it… The names Lillian Smith, Eric Dazey, Jon Bullock, and Clari Higginson may mean nothing to most people but the mean the world to me. Of all my years in school, these are the teachers who challenged me to get better everyday and whole-heartedly believed in my dreams. The support they gave me was priceless and life changing.

68. As I see it… Dream big with no limitations.

69. As I see it… Be willing to give people a second chance. You’d be surprised how well people respond to another opportunity to succeed.

70. As I see it… Learn to see the big picture. Often times we get tunnel vision and lose sight of the big picture and what we’re really trying to accomplish.

71. As I see it… Pay close attention to detail in whatever it is you are doing. Be specific and expect quality from your performance.

72. As I see it… People tell me I’m a perfectionist. They tell me I’m too extreme and that I work too hard. I tell them, that is all I know how to do. I was taught to give my best effort in everything I do and demand perfection and raise the standard of excellence to a whole new level.

73. As I see it… Imagine yourself at your funeral. Ask yourself what you want your family and friends to say about you. How will you be remembered and what impact will you have had on other people’s lives? How did you make the world a better place?

74. As I see it… Attend your children’s athletic events. There’s nothing better than watching your child succeed while absolutely loving the opportunity to play in front of you.

75. As I see it… Celebrate each accomplishment on your way to reaching your goal. Each challenge conquered whether large or small is a positive step to greatness.

76. As I see it… Every day look in the mirror and flex your muscles. Smile and enjoy the sight of a beautiful fit body. If you don’t like what you see, find a photo of how you want your body to look and paste it to the corner of your mirror. Be willing to work hard for what you have the potential to become.

77. As I see it… Surround yourself with positive, energetic, successful people and learn from them.

78. As I see it… Every year I want to experience something that makes me say, “this is the best day of my life.”

79. As I see it… Laugh a lot. Laughter will make even the dreariest situations a whole lot more enjoyable.

80. As I see it… Most of us have the tools we need, we’re just not sure how to use them.

81. As I see it… The most important job you will ever have is your commitment to a promise you made to someone.

82. As I see it… People ask me why I work so hard and why I have this compassion to reach the top and be great. I respond by telling them, “I work insanely hard because people said I couldn’t do it.” When someone tells me I can’t do something, or that I’ll never achieve my goals and visions, I am determined to prove them wrong.

It is my sincere desire that the words I have shared with you today have touched your heart and inspired you to be your very best.

For LIFE,
    Robert Cheeke
    A list of quotes composed at 20 years of age.
    Robert Cheeke

tabitha

Wow!!!Giggle.....

Very inspiring, Robert. I hadn't thought about a training record but now think I'll keep one. I have a question. When you did the Body-For-Life challenge, were you working full time? How many times a week did you work out? Okay, that was 2 questions.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

There were too many 'as i see it's' to read through!That shows where i'm coming from!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Quote DianeVegan
    Very inspiring, Robert. I hadn't thought about a training record but now think I'll keep one. I have a question. When you did the Body-For-Life challenge, were you working full time? How many times a week did you work out? Okay, that was 2 questions.
    Thanks,

I was 20 years old, so it was back in April of 2000.

I was going to school full-time and spent a lot of time studying. I would train at 5AM or in the evenings after school.

I don't recall the exact program, but I worked out with weights 5 days a week I think. Upper body one day, lower the next, then upper, then lower, then upper. The following week it would start with lower, then upper, then lower, then upper, then lower.

So each week would be 3 days upper and 2 lower then 3 days lower and 2 upper. There was also cardio in there. In fact maybe it was more like this

Day 1 upper body
    Day 2 cardio
    Day 3 lower body
    Day 4 cardio
    Day 5 upper body
    Day 6 rest
    Day 7 rest

Something like that. I don't recall exactly but if anyone knows, please post it.

Workouts were 46 minutes long and cardio was just 20, with varying intensity.

To read a little more about my story go here:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/121

Those are NOT my before and after photos for the 12-week plan, but some before photos with some after ones from about 1 year later.

Thanks, -Rob
    Robert Cheeke

Thanks for the reply. I would, of course, love to see your 12 week after photo. But the 12 month after is still extremely impressive. My Before photo is to be taken this weekend - I am eating very poorly at this moment and hoping to be exceptionally bloated so that my before and after photos are more dramatic. That's not cheating, right?

Anyway, I hope many women take the challenge. I see women getting liposuction and other "body sculpting" procedures at work each week and it makes me a bit sad. The results from working out are always more impressive.

Come on ladies. If this 40 year old woman is going to bare her pasty white, somewhat cellulitic legs then there must be someone else who will join her. (Other than my hairy-legged hubby that is).

Quote DianeVegan
    Thanks for the reply. I would, of course, love to see your 12 week after photo. But the 12 month after is still extremely impressive. My Before photo is to be taken this weekend - I am eating very poorly at this moment and hoping to be exceptionally bloated so that my before and after photos are more dramatic. That's not cheating, right?

Anyway, I hope many women take the challenge. I see women getting liposuction and other "body sculpting" procedures at work each week and it makes me a bit sad. The results from working out are always more impressive.

Come on ladies. If this 40 year old woman is going to bare her pasty white, somewhat cellulitic legs then there must be someone else who will join her. (Other than my hairy-legged hubby that is).
    Those photos were pre-digital camera days....well at least for me they were, so they are scanned. I do have the 12-week photos from 157lbs to 176 lbs with lower bodyfat % and I will try to borrow a friend's scanner and get them up on my website sometime.

Great to hear you are interested in the contest. We have quite a few from a variety of sites and I'm sure I'll get a few dozen from my veganbodybuilding.com website too.

It will be a good time for a good cause. Improving health and promoting veganism. Often times participants and winners from our contests will inform their local newspapers, or websites or TV news, or even magazines, so it really helps get the word out that....hey, vegans can be fit and healthy too!
    Robert Cheeke

Who else is in? We have tons of prizes we'll be raffling off for everyone who completes the contest. We just got $100 for VeganEssentials.com and new books, clothing, vegan supplements, etc.

If you are interested, please join us to improve your health and fitness, win prizes for it, and to bring awareness to the vegan fitness lifestyle.

Please have BEFORE photos taken by March 31st and SEND them by April 15th. Remember, you don't have to have your photos displayed online, I'll keep them to myself. Everyone who wishes to have their photos voted on will have a chance to win the Big prizes, but eveyone who COMPLETES the challenge will get prizes too and be eligible for raffle prizes which will be pretty awesome ones too.

Encourage others to get involved too!

More details here:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/php...pic.php?t=2201
    Robert Cheeke

Hi Robert,

We are definitely in. And the trainer at the gym is very interested in learning more about veganism. I directed him to your site, amongst others. We both started training this week, and I am so sore I can barely type. Once I get up the courage to load my digital pictures, I will send them off to you along with our stats.

Thanks again for this contest. We have been considering a 12 week challenge for the past 4 years but there has always been an excuse not to do it.

Awesome! Great to have you IN! We have a bunch of people who will be doing this. It could even make some major vegan media news, who knows

You chose a great time to do a 12-week Body Transformation Challenge. 100% sponsored by a Vegan Company. 100% Vegan prizes and awards for the contestants and finishers, and 100% vegan group who will be participating.

It's not really even a contest against others....it's a challege for yourself, to be more fit and more healthy that your prior self. We're just awarding the big prizes to the people who get the most votes for most drastic change/inspirational story. There will be a short bio along with before and after photos so everyone can see what the goals were and what was accomplished.

It is also about having fun!

All the best!

Rob
    Robert Cheeke

Only a few days left to get your entry in! Thanks to those who have already sent it in. This will be a cool contest. I got even more prizes donated this week so everyone will walk away more fit, with increased health and some neat vegan prizes as rewards for completing the 12-week Spring Shape Up Vegan Body Transformation Challenge!

Thanks!
    Robert Cheeke

the deadlines so close! if it was last month i would have been able to do it but now since im waitressing and classes and gonna be real busy and my gym membership has run out so I'm just having a modified body weight home fitness plan its not as practical. but i hope you got lots of people to sign up!
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

wishin, you may be interested in this book:

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...685187-7304825

i know its an older book, but its got a fabulous full body workout! its really great and you can do it in a small space.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Yeah, just a few more days to join. We will be doing another one in July for the Summer Shape Up Contest, but we'd love to see more and more of you for this Spring contest too. I'm getting cool stuff donated so we'll be able to give away over $1,000 in vegan prizes for participants, winners, raffle drawing winners, etc.

Check out this link for more info/updates:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/php...pic.php?t=2201
    Robert Cheeke

Default Re: Bodybuilding

Mr. Body Builder.. Could you tell me if there are any vegan bodybuilding competetions in the near future?

Thanks
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

Kiran, I don't think lifting cakes to your mouth counts as bodybuilding.
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

feral

Ouch red, gone for the kill there lol

Quote RedWellies
    Kiran, I don't think lifting cakes to your mouth counts as bodybuilding.
    You have not seen me yet Red. I am quite big. My body adapts very quickly. Don't be surprised if beat the crap out of Schwarzenegger!

Quote feral
    Ouch red, gone for the kill there lol
    She is not going for the kill.. She is just poking her nose in my issues.. .. But that is typical of Miss Wellies.

feral

Will there be a muscle man wellie girl throw down then?

OOooh, sounds fun!!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Gliondrach

Quote Kiran
    You have not seen me yet Red. I am quite big. My body adapts very quickly. Don't be surprised if beat the crap out of Schwarzenegger!
    Even though I am more of a strength man who's not a bodybuilder, I can attest that Kiran is built rather like a young Arnie.

Thanks Man.. Gliondrach ol' buddy!

The contest has started, so thanks to those of you from this site who have joined us! You can still enter last minute up until April 15th. It is not really even a contest against others, just to improve your own health and fitness and get rewarded for it. It also helps bring awareness to the vegan fitness lifestyle, which we enjoy doing.

Thanks!
    Robert Cheeke

Theres a Robbie Hazely article from A Vegan Guide to Bristol 2006 here that may interest some of you's.

Default Could be motivating - Robert Cheeke through the years

I posted this on my forum a while ago for people to see my vegan bodybuilding transformation in a few sample photos. It acts as a tool to inspire others to go vegan and thrive, so I like to share my experience.

I've been vegan for 10 years, and about 6 years ago I got into bodybuilding. Here is what the transformation has looked like:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/php...?p=13148#13148
    Robert Cheeke

Kevster

Default Re: Could be motivating - Robert Cheeke through the years

Hey, great stuff, when i knock the cake on the head i might get into some proper fitness. Went down the gym for the first time in a couple of months yesterday, went pretty well, did some running on Thursday (trying to get to meet Catmogg only 45 minutes late) i'll do a bit of cycling tomorrow, and maybe a bit of running in the week.

Default Re: Could be motivating - Robert Cheeke through the years

Thanks for that link, Robert. My husband has been very impressed with your transformation and I think my personal trainer at my gym would definitely like to see this!

spidertrap

Default how'bout supplements

hi people, ok so i've been on a vegan diet for about 6 months now. started weight training about 16 weeks ago and i've gained 10 lbs (140lbs). but recently i lost 3 lbs. it's been difficult for me to maintain a 2,700 cal/day diet. i also take sport formula powder.
    so my problem is, i need to gain more muscle mass.

i've read about sum supplements that according to the ingredients they don't have animal products and by products.

and am i even supposed to be taking artificial products since i'm a vegan?

does anyone here know what's in anator p70

i don't want to use creatine

and do those supplements in the muscle magazines really work. has anyone tried them?

what about 'natural' testosterone boosters?

thanks so much for your help.

Default Re: how'bout supplements

I saw some natural protein powders in a vegan shop the other day. I didn't look at the brand. They had quinoa, hazelnut, almond and many other types and no added vitamins and minerals. Anyway, I'm sure the bodybuilding vegan guy on this forum can help you.

Personnally i don't see a problem with supllementing protien levels when training. I too find it difficult to maintain my weight when training properly. I have in the past taken Soya protien (bought from Holland & Barrett) and a rice protien imported from the states.

The main reason i haven't taken them more is because they taste vile but i know alot of vegans that weight train / bodybuild and supplement. Also i never tried for competitions etc.. mine was just a fitness / strength thing so as long as i was making gains no matter how slow, i didn't worry about the supplements.
    I dont get crunchy people?

http://www.veganfitness.net/
    This is an excellent site for advice.
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Quote veganbikerboy
    I have in the past taken Soya protien (bought from Holland & Barrett) and a rice protien imported from the states.
    I am not sure if these lot are easy to get anymore, atleast with Holland and Barretts. I have been chasing them for weeks now for the Soy Protien supplement. The store manager told me that they have been experiencing severe delays in getting them from U.S. I was told the stocks would be in soon.

I am now at the 6 week mark for this contest. Things are going great for both of us and we have felt muscle soreness in areas we didn't even know we had!

I have not been cutting back on calories that much (although I have given up alcohol except the occasional glass of wine on weekends) at this point. I've lost a few pounds but my pants are definitely getting loose. I take this as a sign that I am putting on muscle mass while losing some fat. I'll probably start cutting back on calories for the next few weeks if it doesn't compromise my energy level in the gym.

Thanks again for joining this forum and posting this thread, Robert. Even though I work out regulary and am at an optimal weight I really needed this!!

spidertrap

yes but are vegans supposed to take 'man-made' supplements such as this new 'breakthrough' supplement anator p70 or 'nos'? i can't even find an ingredients list for thos products. currently i take sport formula and calorie bars and soya protein power, but i wonder about those other supplements.

Default Southern California Magazine

I was just featured in this Southern California Magazine and they put the interivew online. I think it is a pretty good article about vegan nutrition for athletes. Feel free to read it here:

http://diyzine.com/robertcheekeinterview
    Robert Cheeke

Default Re: Southern California Magazine

Great article, Robert.

Default My 15th magazine feature

Hey everyone, I assume this is the area to express excitement.

I just got copies of Hippocrates magazines in the mail. They have a big 4-page 5 photo feature about me and my Vegan Bodybuilding lifestyle. It was my 15th magazine feature, so it's a nice milestone for me. Hopefully there will be many more.

Some of the magazines I've been featured in are: FLEX, Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness, VegNews, Beyond Fitness, Vegetaren, Hippocrates, and a handful of others.

Anyway, it is just another way to get veganism in mainstream media, and in a really unique way. Who would have ever thought veganism and bodybuilding would go together?.......I did about 6 years ago, and it has been awesome ever since!
    Robert Cheeke

Default Re: My 15th magazine feature

Congrats Body Builder!

I saw you in VegNews a few months back...I had never bought it before and was flipping through it at the store and saw your picture. I was like, "Hey, I know that guy! I guess this magazine is for me..."

Hee hee - you were responsible for a sale!

The magazine is great, I should subscribe to it.

vegan1969

Good for you, keep up the good work. And know you are not alone:
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=oIoF...M&search=vegan

Congrats Robert!

And thanks for the link Vegan1969.

Default New fitness goals, time to bulk up again!

Time for me to put on some weight!

I've been the same weight for the past couple of years and it is 15-20 pounds lighter than I was in 2003. So I gotta get back to whatever it was that had me around 200 lbs with low bodyfat.

So that is what I'll be working on.

I returned to squats, starting taking a few more protein supplements, and just gotta get consistent again. I'll compete once or twice later this year, but I'll bulk up leading up to the contest, the opposite of what you are supposed to do. Basically I'll compete in the middle of my bulking season, but it will be fun and I think it might actually work out just fine

2003:

A few weeks ago:

Time to lose the veins and put some mass back on!!!!

Anyone else working on similar goals? I've been vegan for 11 years and added about 70 pounds since I first went vegan but with a bunch of recent contests and more stress, I lost some of the weight.

So who else is working on gaining weight, rather than losing weight? We can work on it together
    Robert Cheeke

Default Re: New fitness goals, time to bulk up again!

Wow, that's an amazing body! I'm not trying to build up or lose weight, but I just wanted to say well done for representing!