Hi Friends,
I keep getting this post jumbled, so we'll just start at the beginning. I recently fell in love Jell-o Cook & Serve Sugar Free/Fat Free chocolate pudding. I love it because it is 30 calories per 1/2 cup serving, and since I'm not using milk anyway, I just make it with water and some added cornstarch. I know it sounds odd, but it's really quite tasty.
I was looking at trying something similar with the Jell-O Instant SF/FF, except that they all contain milk. Then I found Royal Instant SF pudding, and I'm thinking about trying it, but I want to run it by y'all first, to make sure it's vegan:

MALTODEXTRIN, FOOD STARCH MODIFIED, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE AND DISODIUM PHOSPHATE (STABILIZERS), DICED ALMONDS, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUM (THICKENERS), ARTIFICIAL COLOR, CALCIUM SULFATE (FOR PROPER SET). ASPARTAME * AND ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (SWEETENERS), MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES (EMULSIFIER), SALT, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, BLUE 1, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID ADDED TO PRESERVE FRESHNESS * PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

I know the glycerides are iffy, and I may e-mail them to find out for sure, but other than that, it all looks good to me.

My second question has come up elseweb, but I've never gotten a clear answer: what can I do to thicken it? I could use tofu, probably Mori-nu Light soft, or similar, and I've had excellent results with Jell-O Instant (full sugar & fat) that way, but I'd like to still use water as my liquid, to help keep the calories down; could I add cornstarch and cook the stuff? What about flour? Is there something I could add to the powdered mix beforehand that would thicken it, without cooking? Thanks, if only for reading.

Squeak