Thread: Need Help with Thai Crystal Roll On

Question Need Help with Thai Crystal Roll On

I'm not sure what happened but hope someone can help.

I purchased a Thai Crystal Roll On (Not Deoderant). It worked great since Easter but I went to use it the other day and it smells like BO. Not to be gross here but I think bacteria has gotten on it some how and festered. I work out every day lately and I think that might be partly the cause.

I wonder if anyone knows a way to clean the ball part so the rest would be able to be used? I don't think there's any way to get it out but I thought about using something like rubbing alcohol. I don't know if that would react with the product though.

I love this stuff and really don't want to throw it out.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Sheila
    "Take the path of least harm"

Default Re: Need Help with Thai Crystal Roll On

What about just rinsing it in hot water?... I can't think of any other way of cleaning it.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

I don't have any ideas for you other than dipping it in very hot water. I use the Thai spray and am very happy with it. Perhaps you could make it into a spray by dissolving it in water?
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

I guess the easiest idea often works. For some reason I didn't think just hot water would fix it. I tried it last night and it worked. I thought I would have to use some kind of cleaner on it to make it right.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Oh yeah, that happens all the time to me! Likewise, I go to the gym nearly every day. The whole idea is that the salt dissolves off the stick, so I am guessing running under water of any temperature for a while will dissolve the salt with the smell on.

Also, after every application, run it under water for a few seconds and dry it off with a dry towel, making sure it is as dry as possible, this has stopped mine from keep getting the smell.

Oh, I only just realised you wern't talking about the deodrant stones, nvm!

Stu

Quote Sheila
    I wonder if anyone knows a way to clean the ball part so the rest would be able to be used? I don't think there's any way to get it out...
    I always used roll-on deoderant bottles for smuggling, um, stuff into festivals etc. An easy way to get the ball out is to put the whole thing inside a plastic bag, then just stamp on it. You'll lose some of the deoderant erm, juice, but not too much.

Quote Stu
    I always used roll-on deoderant bottles for smuggling, um, stuff into festivals etc. An easy way to get the ball out is to put the whole thing inside a plastic bag, then just stamp on it. You'll lose some of the deoderant erm, juice, but not too much.
    I just have to tell you that I love your sense of humor. Well at least I hope you are being sarcastic/funny in your posts.

Thanks a bunch,
    Sheila

Quote Glen
    Oh, I only just realised you wern't talking about the deodrant stones, nvm!
    I have never used a stone before. How does it come? Is it like a big rock you rub under your arm?

Sheila

Quote Sheila
    I have never used a stone before. How does it come? Is it like a big rock you rub under your arm?

Sheila
    Yeah, just like a stone - you wet it and then rub it on. Same kinda thing, the salt dissolves onto your armpits and kills bacteria. They last forever!

I really don't mean to sound stupid but I'm sure this will. Doesn't it have sharp edges? Does it hurt being hard like that?

Don't laugh I'm really serious.

Sheila

Sheila,
    It doesn't have sharp edges since it is rounded but it can be irritating, especially on freshly shaved armpits. I prefer the spray (Thai brand only) since it goes on evenly and there is no friction from rubbing. You don't sound stupid - I always wondered the same thing before I purchased a stone.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Diane,
    You are always so nice. Thank you! I am I think the worlds "Worst Shaver" ever. I can cut myself and you can count on it each and every time. My husband thinks at times that I have some kind of mental defect. I'm always perfectly groomed but can't seem to hit every area that needs to be shaved.
    I have not seen a spray so I may look for that as to not repeat this episode.
    Thanks again,
    Sheila

Sheila,
    You are very welcome - and thanks for the kind words.

There are 2 brands that I have seen in spray but the Thai brand is the one with just mineral salts and water. The other brand has some additive that can discolor your clothes and it also takes longer to dry. I have found the Thai brand at health food stores, Wild Oats, Whole Foods and some better stocked grocery and drug stores. Good luck finding it. I will never go back to conventional deodorants after using the spray.

I hate shaving too but I don't seem to cause quite as much trauma to myself as you. (Well, not most days.)

diane

this happened to me with the crystal deodarant i was using. i couldnt fix it either so i dont use that kind anymore!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb