Thread: Horderves

Default Horderves

Hey guys! I'm new here (well, I've been lurking the boards for a couple months now) but now I think I need your help.

I'm going to a reunion of my close high school friends now that our first year of college is over and I need to bring some finger foods/horderves/snacks that are vegan. I don't want to make a big deal about the fact that they are vegan, I just want everyone to enjoy them.

If you guys have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Default Re: Horderves

There's a few here, particularly the last 2 should give you plenty of ideas. I'd personally take some Indian stuff too, bhajis, samosas, pakoras...
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

bruchetta makes a nice nibble, its easy to make, is tasty and isnt overly vegan i.e. tofu and lentils

chips and salsa

guacamole and chips

hummus and pita bread and raw veggies

nice bread with flavored dipping oils

black bean and salsa dip for chips

you could also bring a couscous salad or some other type of salad, pasta salad, etc. that way you will have a main dish to eat and others will still snack on it.

I personally always do these things and guacamole and chips is a favorite of most my friends. there are a few weirdos who don't like guac, but for the most part people do. I can share my simple recipe if you don't have one you like.

oh, i have also seen people bring these marinated pretzels that are good, but I don't have a recipe. they are basically pretzels coated in butter flavored oil (popcorn popping oil - yes, this is pretty healthy) and dried garlic powder, onion powder, dill, and i think ranch dressing mix (not sure if that is vegan, some brands may be). you can also use some lemon...and then i think you bake them in the oven to make everything stick. very yummy.

Fancy olives and pickles.

Veggies and dip! Google around for a mayo dip or cream cheese dip, and subsitute vegan mayo or cream cheese. No one will know!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Thanks guys! I'm finding it lots of fun just to mess around with recipes and see what comes out.