Thread: Virginia Vegans?

Default Virginia Vegans?

Anyone here from Virginia? Richmond? I'm not from there but I have a vegan friend there who doesn't know many other vegans in his city Just looking out for him.

Let me know if you're there
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous

Default Re: Virginia Vegans?

Is your friend Soy Boy? I saw him a a potluck in Richmond one time. I live 40 minutes away, but I have a couple friends up there.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

he's not on this forum, but on my vegan athlete forum. I told him I'd try to find some Virginia vegans for him since he doesn't have too many people to hang out with

Feel free to tell them to give us a visit sometime. www.forum.veganbodybuilding.com

Take care, have a nice weekend!
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous

I'm from Richmond, but I'm an old, married lady - hardly "friend" material. Truthfully, there are not many of us here, and i understand how he could be lonely!
    Everyone needs a little mercy.

Oh poor guy.
    You have no idea how much you guys inspire me! Usually when you find a "vegetarian" bodybuilder online it comes down to that they eat fish every meal. I'm about so sign up on your forum, I need some more inspiration

Awesome, thanks! I'm PURE Vegan for 11 years now. I am vegan for ALL reasons and we have some amazing vegan athletes in our network. Thanks for the support and kind words. Rock on!
    Robert Cheeke

Friends of all kinds are great. We just like to expand our vegan community. I'm 26 and one of my best friends is a 50 year old married woman who is vegan. We hang out 3 times a week. She rocks.
    Robert Cheeke

http://vegetarian.meetup.com/60/

This is a link to the Richmond vegetarian/vegan society. They seem to do a lot of social activites together. Your friend should check them out. There's going to be a vegetarian festival next month in Byrd park - I'm sure they need more volunteers!
    Everyone needs a little mercy.

Yep, that is the one that I belong to also I don't go very often though.

Quote Bodybuilder
    Anyone here from Virginia? Richmond? I'm not from there but I have a vegan friend there who doesn't know many other vegans in his city Just looking out for him.

Let me know if you're there
    Yo DUDE!! Whattttttttttttt'sssssss up!?!!?

barry Lovelace here - the Vegan DVD guy.

Your DVD, Vegan Fitness is AWESOME! Thank you so much! we are letting people borrow it from the gym because they are very curious about vegatarianism due to my wife and I being strict vegans.

Did you or any of your friends workout to my DVD's? Just curious. i know it is not a hardcore/heavy lifting workoout, but more of a cardio, heart pumping resistance training circuit.

Hope all is well and keep up the good workin spreading the word! Hopefully we will meet up one day.

Barry, so you're here too! Looks like Robert and I will be at the DC conference in Aug, are you going?

Quote SeaSiren
    Barry, so you're here too! Looks like Robert and I will be at the DC conference in Aug, are you going?
    Yes..found this about 2 weeks ago!
    Can you send me info on the conference in DC?

Hey Barry, just got on here. First time in a few weeks for me. Great to see you! Nice to be in touch again after exchanging DVDs. I guess we're a couple of vegan fitness gurus!!!!

All the best man,

Robert
    Robert Cheeke

Quote Bodybuilder
    Hey Barry, just got on here. First time in a few weeks for me. Great to see you! Nice to be in touch again after exchanging DVDs. I guess we're a couple of vegan fitness gurus!!!!

All the best man,

Robert
    Hi Robert!

Yeah the guru thing works well, especially in my area. People recognize me from the paper and tv ad know that I am vegan and into fitness.It isa good feeling that some of these people hav changed their lifestyle just a bit.

I would love to catch you and Denise in DC, but not sure if it is possible. I am going to try very hard though!

IN good health,

Barry