Thread: Automatic Fat Loss?

Default Automatic Fat Loss?

Is it true that vegans automatically reduce their fat levels due to what they eat? I'm a new vegan, so I was a little confused about this.

Default Re: Automatic Fat Loss?

Quote Urban View Post
    Is it true that vegans automatically reduce their fat levels due to what they eat? I'm a new vegan, so I was a little confused about this.
    It depends. It did for me, but that's because I went from eating 1 or 2 pizzas a week, and big bowls of sugary kids cereal to salads, fruits and vegetables It really depends what you eat. I could eat a bag of potato chips everyday, and some vegan chocolate and I'd put weight on in no time

my weight hasn't changed in the least, i'm slim looking but with a layer of flub that people don't expect (i'd be naturally realllly skinny if i had the right fat levels).

I went from eating lots of dairy, namely cheese as well as carbs to, well eating carbs, i thought i'd lose weight from excluding dairy but nah, comes down to everyone's individual body,i'm sure if i worked out the weight would drop off quicker without all the dairy in my diet though
    http://youandmesydney.blogspot.com/

It really depends on what you eat. If you're a junk food vegan then no, you're probably not going to be losing much fat. If you eat a varied diet of nutrient dense whole foods though, you'll likely be able to shed some excess poundage. It also depends on how your body processes different types of foods. If I so much as look at food containing grains I gain weight. Some people are the opposite and thrive on a heavily grain based diet. You have to find what works best for you and what your body feels comfortable with.

The suggestion of the 'China Study' (www.thechinastudy.com) is that if you adopt a low-fat, whole-foods plant-based diet (ideally getting 80% of your calories from carbohydrates, and a maximum of 10% from fat and 10% from protein), you will be able to improve your health and decrease your weight.

Best regards,
    Andy

Leftyladyfrom

I've lost quite a bit of weight without really trying. I don't eat any junk food or animal or dairy - I live on plant food but I go high density nutrient low calorie, I just fill up my whole system with nutrients every day and then eat complex carbs if I get hungry later in the day: oatmeal, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, brown rice. I'm never hungry.