Thread: "Meat - we were meant to eat it"-advertisement

Default "Meat - we were meant to eat it"-advertisement

Has anyone seen this new add? It is really bad it claims that the reason that humans have brains is because we eat red meat! and it ends with the quote "meat- we were meant to eat it" This add has been placed on prime time tv on chanel 10! WHERE'S THE FACTS! This makes me sick! Did ANYONE think of the animals while the making of this add????????????????????

Default Re: "meat- we were meant to eat it"-add

It's very likely that the diet a LOT of humans have had for a LONG time have affected the development of our brains. But has it made us perfect? Are we better, less harmful beings than other species? Why have other meat eating animals developed the same skills as humans? And where would we have been if we would have been able to eat more balanced, nutrient rich plant food than meat in all these years? Where would humans be in a few thousand years from now if we would switch to a diet rich in all the nutrients we need, but without red meat?

I just started this thread, about the difference between animals and humans - which is somewhat related to this topic (our brain development). Many people will insist that something has gone wrong in the development of humans brains and bodies until now. Maybe red meat is the problem?

Default Re: "meat- we were meant to eat it"-add

...and we already have a thread called Are we designed to eat meat, here. And another, very similar thread called Did humans always eat meat, here.

Default Re: "Meat - we were meant to eat it"-advertisement

Thanks heaps korn! ironical, this had just come up tonight at a family discusstion-I can use all the info I can get!

and also, The thing that outrages me the most is that, people this day and age dont NEED meat! Why is it on TV now? This is just another company that is pushing for more and more animals to be killed and in the way that they are killed. the sad thing is, people that watch prime time tv (which is a LOT of people) they take this as the only facts that they know of-therefore to eat meat, not seeing why we dont! They have been given no info about the risks to all...

The thing that outrages me the most is that, people this day and age dont NEED meat! Why is it on TV now?
    Because people don't need meat.

Pilaf

You can remind anyone using this commercial as evicence that meat is "healthy" that in the 1940s and 1950s, tv commercials existed advertising tobacco as healthy as well. "Toughens the lungs." "Makes you a man", etc.

Keenkitty

Those ads are disgusting. If people like meat so much they should go to a factory farm and see how it is REALLY processed.

One sitting through Earthlings and they would never look at meat the same way again.

Oh, no wonder my mom keep saying "Humans started getting smarter when they started eating meat." She’s mimicking these commercials like a toddler. I said maybe because they had to create tools to get it, and that’s what started them inventing, thus advancing their brain. And still she says no it’s the meat. I haven’t seen that commercial.
    Chickens.

Pilaf

Humans started to get...constipated, when they started eating meat.

I can see a new TV ad campaign coming: 'Constipation, cancer and heart disease - we were meant to have it'.

Quote Chicken
    Oh, no wonder my mom keep saying "Humans started getting smarter when they started eating meat." She’s mimicking these commercials like a toddler. I said maybe because they had to create tools to get it, and that’s what started them inventing, thus advancing their brain. And still she says no it’s the meat. I haven’t seen that commercial.
    One of my lecturers at Uni wrote books about human evolution, and he agreed with you about the tools (and more importantly communication) rather than the meat, chicken.

Anyway, early evolution is totally not the point. We've now evolved enough to put down our clubs and go to the health food shop

Sure. The absurd thing is that some people seem to think that since we are able to make tools, we are meant to make weapons.

I don't think meat is good for the brain...

A lot of these meateaters seem to be dumb as hell

Quote tilly
    I don't think meat is good for the brain...
    You want to see what happens when cholesterol moves up into the brain. You get little strokes which kill of parts of the brain bit by bit.

sounds great

Quote Korn
    Sure. The absurd thing is that some people seem to think that since we are able to make tools, we are meant to make weapons.
    Yes, it's absolutely absurd. We are able to do many things that are clearly not right. *sigh* I find it strange that people like to compare themselves with primitive man.

I agree with the ad... we WERE meant to eat meat. But not now - we have become independant and intellectual and KNOW that it is wrong to eat animal products. So the main catchcry 'Meat... we WERE meant to eat it' really is promoting veganism.

Our biology is that of a plant eater though...

Hi Aidan, I copied your post over to the 'Are we designed toeat meat?'-thread. You may also be interested in the Did Humans Always Eat Meat-discussion...