Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together

It's been so long since I last exercised (not counting a 10k run the other Sunday)... I feel like crap. I can't sleep properly and have no energy and have headaches all the time. This sucks.

Hehehe.

Today I walked for 50 minutes! Yay!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

RubyDuby

^ Tigerlily.

was that on purpose?
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

I think I've lost weight a few pounds, surprisingly... since I just went on vacation with lots of good resort, gourmet food twice a day!! But I'm back at school and will be able to start my regime again of doing 40 minutes of cardio 4-5x/ week starting on monday. Also, looking forward to an entirely vegan kitchen since I'm moving into a friends apartment for the summer and will the only one here until the end of august!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote RubyDuby View Post
    ^ Tigerlily.

was that on purpose?
    No, the double post wasn't!

But I did walk 50 minutes on purpose. I walked to the library and a bit downtown.

Great job everyone! Today I did 20 min. jumping rope and then some stretching. I also cleaned a bit if that counts

I think this is finally starting to work as everyone has been telling me I look smaller It's great to finally see some results!

oooh i like this thread..

its the night so ill get back to here if hopefully i havent procastinated and become lazy tommorrow.. : )

Quote blue-y View Post
    oooh i like this thread..

its the night so ill get back to here if hopefully i havent procastinated and become lazy tommorrow.. : )
    I'm off to play football now while you sleep. Share the fitness..
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

sugarmouse

I have been runing every day for a while now.Though I dont know how far because i dont have a pedometer!

Good news for me today.

My physio is happy with my progress and I will be handed over to a personal trainer next Thursday.

I don't know what type of initial training i'm going to get - but I can't wait to get back on the ladder again
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Great news Frank.

I did hour cardio and will so some sit ups and butt and sides later, might do some weights if i can be bothered.

Yesterday i did 1 hour 20 minutes cardio, 60 stomach exercises, 40 butt exercises on each cheek and some tricep dips.

Puffin, you did 1 hour 20 minutes of cardio! Wow!! I can only do like 50-60 mins on the elliptical, its tiring!

I've been lazy with exercize, lately. Been going through a lot, so I've put exercize on the back burner... I'm aiming to get back up to between 30-60 minutes on the elliptical 5x/ week. I've stuck to my yoga... at least.

I stopped for water and a breather Im not actually that fit but trying to lose some weight so thats always an incentive to get myself moving.
    I have been doing really well with eating healthy to. I have eaten 6 servings of fruit and had salad for dinner, havent eaten chocolate for a few weeks now and no fattening biscuits etc, i better have lost a few pound when i weight myself next

Since April 14th, I've lost 20lbs! Yay! I'm really happy.

cobweb

that's great, Tigerlily!

Well dont tigerlily

sugarmouse

Quote puffin View Post
    Well dont tigerlily
    Lol @well dont!Agreed tho wtg Tigerlily!
    And well done puffin I so could not have done that!I would be 'puffin!' :
    D

Whoops sorry tigerlily, i mean well done

Thank you I feel pretty good right now, just hope i have lost a few pounds, shall weigh myself in the morning and find out

Well done everyone for all your efforts above.
    Played another hour of football. We won. I scored twice and ran around like a breathless b@stard.

Thanks everyone!

Ahmegod!! Thats awesome TL!

Well i havent lost any weight, still the same as last time i weighted myself 3 weeks ago
    I only want to lose 4 pound for f**k sake, cant be that bloody hard. Im starting jogging next week and that better shift it.
    I know i am quite muscular but i havent even been doing that much weigh work and concentrating on cardio
    Signed, unhappy puffin.

Puffin, maybe youve toned up and lost fat! I wouldnt go by weight at this point. Muscle tone is sexy!

Yeah i think i might have done. I did weigh myself again in the same clothes as last time and i have lost a pound. So in the last 2 months i have lost 4 pound so thats not to bad. I feel fitter so now i have stopped being angry i can see the benefits
    Yeah i think muscles are sexy to Just my biceps are quite big, people seem to think i pump iron or something. Thinking of becoming a female bodybuilder

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in some sort of IM joint workout. I think I'd be more motivated if I knew someone else would be doing the same I would, even if across the world. I think my MSN adress is public, so if you're interested, please add me

Quote puffin View Post
    Yeah i think i might have done. I did weigh myself again in the same clothes as last time and i have lost a pound. So in the last 2 months i have lost 4 pound so thats not to bad. I feel fitter so now i have stopped being angry i can see the benefits
    Yeah i think muscles are sexy to Just my biceps are quite big, people seem to think i pump iron or something. Thinking of becoming a female bodybuilder
    I wouldn't worry about one or two pounds unless you need to get to a fighting weight! The main thing is you are getting fitter, stronger and more toned, you're body shape will be changing slightly and that is far more important than a couple of pounds off. I've seen my weight fluctuate by almost half a stone, depends on how i've been eating, drinking etc over the day or two before , but it always settles down to round about 160lbs.
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

WildWitch

I wish i could get motivated to get fit again, help!

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    Ahmegod!! Thats awesome TL!
    Thanks!

Quote WildWitch View Post
    I wish i could get motivated to get fit again, help!
    Okay - that's a tough one (to motivate someone else across a forum) - but should be doable.

Why do you feel you need to get fit again?

You state 'fit again' - so you were happy at one stage.

What is not fit about you in your opinion - and why/how did this come about to be unfit in the firstplace, in your opinion?

PM me if you don't want to post.

Quote gogs67 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about one or two pounds unless you need to get to a fighting weight! The main thing is you are getting fitter, stronger and more toned, you're body shape will be changing slightly and that is far more important than a couple of pounds off. I've seen my weight fluctuate by almost half a stone, depends on how i've been eating, drinking etc over the day or two before , but it always settles down to round about 160lbs.
    True, i just set myself a small goal and didnt manage to get to it that was why i was angry. I know weight isnt important, its how you feel about yourself and i dont weigh myself that often so its not a huge issue, just tried really hard and was a little deflated. Anyway, i am continuing the healthy eating but haven't done any exercise all weekend but am back on track later. I feel good and my jeans fit better so i am a lot happier today

Alright, so I'm back to my crazy, crazy class/ work schedule starting tomorrow. I want to lose some weight and really focus on toning up over the next two months. Cardio is my friend!

We played football for nearly 2 hours in the park 9 vs 9. I had my best game for ages and the calf felt fine. The ground was sooo hard though. Have to be kind to my knees.
    Cardio, an unavoidable part of playing football, was not my friend after about an hour and a half yesterday!

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    Alright, so I'm back to my crazy, crazy class/ work schedule starting tomorrow. I want to lose some weight and really focus on toning up over the next two months. Cardio is my friend!
    Yeah keep telling yourself that Hope you get on ok.

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    We played football for nearly 2 hours in the park 9 vs 9. I had my best game for ages and the calf felt fine. The ground was sooo hard though. Have to be kind to my knees.
    Cardio, an unavoidable part of playing football, was not my friend after about an hour and a half yesterday!
    2 hours is bloody good going, wish i could run around for that long without calling my nearest hospital.

I figure I'll start posting here. I have to lose 5 lbs quickly and want to be diligent about my exercise for the next couple weeks.

This morning I did a 5 mile run.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

WildWitch

im seriously thinking of going back to the gym again. Its a healthy thought at least.

Quote puffin View Post
    2 hours is bloody good going, wish i could run around for that long without calling my nearest hospital.
    Just played for an hour tonight. Ran a little more than Monday and scored a fairly easy goal. We won against a team about 15-20 years a man younger.
    When it gets tough, puffin, I go in goal for five minutes..
    x

^
    Nothing better than running the young uns into the ground.
    Good idea You sound super fit anyway.

I did an hour cardio but slipped a bit and made some flapjacks.

*wait a second, i didnt slip over and make flapjacks, i slipped up on avoiding sugar*

Quote puffin View Post
    ^
    You sound super fit anyway.
    Absolutely not.
    Quote puffin View Post
    I did an hour cardio but slipped a bit and made some flapjacks.
    Flapjacks are better than exercise. TRUFAX!

WildWitch

Iv always had problems with weight been over weight under weight never in the middle. Also had eating disorders in the past, gym addiction too.

A few years ago i was diagnosed with a metabolism disorder so weight just sticks to me, makes it really difficult to loose weight and keep it off so i have to work extra hard, the meds im on do help a bit but the problem is still there.

I did loose a lot of weight when i first went vegan a few years back and i felt great, so confident, fit and healthy but due to depression recently iv gained about a stone and feel dreadful about it. I used to go to the gym regularly but my membership has lapsed now and my enthusiasm with it im afraid.

Im not happy with the way i look right now or feel, im used to being fit and healthy.

Quote Frank View Post
    Okay - that's a tough one (to motivate someone else across a forum) - but should be doable.

Why do you feel you need to get fit again?

You state 'fit again' - so you were happy at one stage.

What is not fit about you in your opinion - and why/how did this come about to be unfit in the firstplace, in your opinion?

PM me if you don't want to post.

A few years ago i was diagnosed with a metabolism disorder so weight just sticks to me, makes it really difficult to loose weight and keep it off so i have to work extra hard, the meds im on do help a bit but the problem is still there.
    I don't know anything about metabolism disorders.

This is a help thread as much as anything else, so would anyone with knowledge of metabolism disorders please post their thoughts and experiences that might help.

Im not happy with the way i look right now or feel, im used to being fit and healthy.
    If I had £10 from everyone who said that, i'd be a millionaire!

I'm not happy either. My weight reason was complicated, but medical based - which is now resolved - but the 'leaving' present is the weight.

I think even posting your thoughts on this matter is a start to getting to where you want to be.

You have to find the trigger that will bounce you back into action.

Chatting to people helps that along somewhat.

WildWitch

Thanks Frank, the metabolism problem i have is caused by an underactive thyroid which is inherited from my mum. Its only with excessive dieting (500 cals per day) and lots of exercise that i can loose weight. I do take meds which i will need for life that help balance it out a little but the low metabolism is one of the many symptoms of this condition, over active thyroid people tend to be skinny.

My mums a size 18, im a 14-16. im vegan, exercise (though not to the extreme i used to), eat very low fat foods, rarely touch crisps, dont like cakes, not a chocolate lover and biscuits dont do much for me. My mum on the other hand rarely exercises, shes veggie but eats full fat foods, loves cakes, eats tonns of bread, always got biscuits, is a cheese addict and eats lots of chocolate yet were hardly that much difference in size or weight. So not fair. I really hope my children dont inherrit my dodgy thyroid.

I really hope my children dont inherrit my dodgy thyroid.
    With thyroid issues - isn't there a radioactive correction treatment available?

Where you go and sit in a chamber for a time, maybe for several sessions?

Can anyone progress that?

My latest update is I've been transferred from physio to a personal trainer.

I'm doing core exercises and flexibility for a while it seems.

Once those areas are satisfactory I will be able to move onto gym work.

I am allowed to go on a bike for 30 minutes 4 times a week.

Trouble is, seems crap to join a gym for that - or even go as a pay as you go jobby.

I'll look to see what bikes are available for home.

Has anyone got a bike at home?

Can you recommend anything?

I hate exercise bikes. I'd rather go on a bike ride to the park.
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

Yesterday evening I hike 8 miles up an elevation of 3500 ft. This morning I hiked another 8 miles up 3750 ft. I'm so crazy exhausted..
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

WildWitch

Quote Frank View Post
    With thyroid issues - isn't there a radioactive correction treatment available?

Where you go and sit in a chamber for a time, maybe for several sessions?

Can anyone progress that?
    Iv not heard of that, i have to take meds for life to help balance mine out.

my neighbour gave me a free month's gym membership yesterday which she won in a raffle.

the gym only costs £12.95 per month with no contracts etc! if i like it there, that's cheap enough for me to sign up

Wow that is cheap cedar. Ours is £38 a month with no contract.

i don't think its a chain, maybe an independant. i can only find our local one on the web.

i don't mind if it's basic (no towels etc) as long as there is enough equipment to go round and staff on hand to help.