Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get fit and healthy together

Default Re: Let's get fit and healthy together

Quote cobweb View Post
    ha-ha try wearing a top next time you workout
    (*for some reason that is really making me laugh like a delirious weirdo *)

i got to thinking 'why feel embarrassed cos i'm not stick thin?' so i went for the brightest glitteriest goldiest gym top i could find . I'm gasping to get down to the gym tomorrow, i have some new puma 3/4 pants, too .
    Oh shit... maybe that's why I get all those looks! I'll try wearing a shirt next time I work out!

It's ok, I'm a delirious weirdo, too.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

cobweb

Quote BlackCats View Post
    I have no idea how much that is but it sounds like a lot! Everyone is doing so well on here.

ha-ha, thanks - it's not that far really but after becoming a total lazyarse again for a while i'm getting back into exercising and feel much more determined now
    i would secretly love to run on the treadmill but am very worried about my heel spur flaring up again

cobweb

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    Oh shit... maybe that's why I get all those looks! I'll try wearing a shirt next time I work out!

takes one to know one i s'pose

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post

I'm just picturing some guy looking over, his mouth dropping and falling off the treadmill
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

WildWitch

diashel, whats your thyroid reading? Iv suffered with underactive thyroid for about 5 years now, its hereditary, my mum has it too. Im on thyroxine, 75ml but also supplement this with sea kelp from the health shop which is totaly vegan.

They just said that it was normal considering my use of birth control. They also tested kidney and liver function which were normal. testosterone is within normal limits and no other abnormalities in the hormonal workup. I really don't know what any of this means though...
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Getting fit and healthy sounds great. I want to start running, it seems so free!

Quote DiaShel View Post
    They just said that it was normal considering my use of birth control. They also tested kidney and liver function which were normal. testosterone is within normal limits and no other abnormalities in the hormonal workup. I really don't know what any of this means though...
    I hope you get it all sorted DiaShel. I went to an acupuncturist who was saying if your hormones are out of balance it can be hard to lose weight and then that makes you feel worse and you get stuck in that cycle. I feel like I can't lose weight at the moment but I know I should be exercising more and eating less.

I read Dr McDougall's website and found it interesting.

I walked on an hour Monday, cycled 40 mins on Tuesday and did a bit of an aerobics dvd yest'day.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

remember dia, losing weight isn't an exact science, bits get held onto, and then go missing without explanation! It could just be a blip, I could just be to do with your cycle. Don't stress too much, just keep doing the right things and your body will follow in its own time!

My day today was pretty awesome, 1 hr pilates, followed by 40mins running, followed by 20mins weight stuff, good start to the day, tomorrow I'm gonna go swimming in the morning. And I have already signed up for body pump on saturday morning

Nice one squigaletta.
    Today's been good. We thrashed 'the kids' tonight at five a side football and I scored three of the best goals I have managed for a long time. I also ran harder and faster than ever before.
    This new no-weed me is working out well.
    Go us!
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

cobweb

well done, you two!

looks like i'm going to have to go steady now, been limping round in pain since my workout today

Ive started taking aerobics. Today was my first day doing it.

Quote Lifeonmars View Post
    Ive started taking aerobics. Today was my first day doing it.
    Just remember, first time is the hardest. Next time will be way better.

Quote squigaletta View Post
    My day today was pretty awesome, 1 hr pilates, followed by 40mins running, followed by 20mins weight stuff, good start to the day, tomorrow I'm gonna go swimming in the morning. And I have already signed up for body pump on saturday morning
    You're like superwoman!!

Did 8km on my exercise bike last night and 8km the night before. Did 3km this morning at about 6.15am before I had to get ready for work.

I want to go swimming tomorrow as well but the pool is so cold!
    vegan and proud.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    You're like superwoman!!
    lol, not quite :P, its maintaining motivation I find really hard. Thats why I try to sign up to things and pay for them before hand. Pool was shut this morning , so went to the gym, but only did 20mins running and 10 mins streching n stuff.

lol, not quite :P, its maintaining motivation I find really hard. Thats why I try to sign up to things and pay for them before hand. Pool was shut this morning , so went to the gym, but only did 20mins running and 10 mins streching n stuff.
    Paying for things is great motivation. That's how I finally lost weight years ago, buying a year membership. I knew that my cheap ass wouldn't stop going if it was costing me!

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Just remember, first time is the hardest. Next time will be way better.
    It was no trouble at all. It was really fun. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote Lifeonmars View Post
    It was no trouble at all. It was really fun. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Awesome! What kind of aerobics was it? You must be in good shape. When I do a new class for the first time it kicks my butt. Well, spinning did anyway.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Paying for things is great motivation. That's how I finally lost weight years ago, buying a year membership. I knew that my cheap ass wouldn't stop going if it was costing me!
    anyway we can trick ourselves into it! did body pump today, was really shaky, not eating enough I think, but was still a good work out. Doubt I will be able to go swimming tomorrow, working from 10-6 and still have 2 finish off 2 essays for monday. Eeeeeeeeek!!!
    Plus I don't know when I can exesise next week. depends on my shifts and how I get on with the essays

I hate that feeling of not knowing when you can work out. I can't wait to have a 9-5 and get into a steady routine. Boring as that sounds.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Awesome! What kind of aerobics was it? You must be in good shape. When I do a new class for the first time it kicks my butt. Well, spinning did anyway.
    No, I'm not in really good shape, but not terrible either. It was just fun and made me feel good.
    I don't know what kind of aerobics it was. It was just listed as aerobics class, low and high impact. I want to try step aerobics.

I really want to take up roller derby but they don't have a team anywhere near me Found out my shifts and I can make it to body pump tomorrow though I am feeling very achy from it today so hope I am recovered by tomorrow! think I will have a rest day on Tues, and then kickboxing on weds

I'm so awfully lazy lately
    Well, still managed 40+km cycling and 30min running yesterday but it's so little and I think I'll do next to nothing today
    "We gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go."

I cycled for 50 mins on Sunday, did the Pump it Up aerobics dvd last night (just over 60 mins) and walked for 60 mins this morning.

I haven't been around at all in recent months. But I am happy to report, I lost about 10lbs. So since May 2008, I've lost almost 30lbs. I'm starting to get my old body back again.

My plan is fairly simple. I go weeks where I calorie count and make sure I exercise well (through thedailyplate.com). Other weeks, I just focus on healthy foods and moderate exercise. And some weeks, I get into food ruts where I just want junky convience foods. I seem to lose the most weight when I'm calorie counting but it drives me up the wall. I have been losing at a steady pace when just focusing on healthy foods.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

had my rest day yesterday instead, hopefully will be more active today or I will beat myself up

Blummin' weather has had two of my football games called off so far this week. I shall have to run up and down my hallway with a ball instead, but it's not nearly as much fun.

If you do beat yourself up, squigaletta, make sure you drink plenty of water and warm down afterwards. It's a strange choice of exercise though.

Improves my flexibility, managing to kickbox myself

Yesterday was my first day at the gym after a whole month! One and a half hours. (:
    And today we had PE at school.

Howr you feeling opheliac? achy?! You've gotta love that post exercise ache
    Swam for 1hr 10mins, and realised I can't do body pump tonight because I signed up for a public lecture. So looks like I'm body pumping on saturday again instead, hopefully kickboxing tomorrow.

Oh, I really love it. x) Although I read that, if it aches the day after than it's no good sign. oO
    However. I felt more achy after playing Wii at my friends house. Ouch. xD

WildWitch

this thread scares me

Howr you feeling opheliac? achy?! You've gotta love that post exercise ache
    Swam for 1hr 10mins, and realised I can't do body pump tonight because I signed up for a public lecture. So looks like I'm body pumping on saturday again instead, hopefully kickboxing tomorrow.
    Wow, you really are getting into physical exercise
    200 sit-ups and 7km running today for me. not bad.
    "We gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go."

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    I haven't been around at all in recent months. But I am happy to report, I lost about 10lbs. So since May 2008, I've lost almost 30lbs. I'm starting to get my old body back again.

My plan is fairly simple. I go weeks where I calorie count and make sure I exercise well (through thedailyplate.com). Other weeks, I just focus on healthy foods and moderate exercise. And some weeks, I get into food ruts where I just want junky convience foods. I seem to lose the most weight when I'm calorie counting but it drives me up the wall. I have been losing at a steady pace when just focusing on healthy foods.
    Great work! I started calorie counting and then got over it but have decided to do it again, well if I stick with it!

I'm feeling so much healthier after a month of health kick , I am more toned and looking more defined yay exercise

I'm feeling so much healthier after a month of health kick , I am more toned and looking more defined yay exercise
    I'm jealous! Good for you though

Quote WildWitch View Post
    this thread scares me
    For why?

When I'm ready to train again - I can do it my way over the next twelve months - or I'll just spend two weeks with squig!

That should do it!!
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Quote Frank View Post
    When I'm ready to train again - I can do it my way over the next twelve months - or I'll just spend two weeks with squig!

That should do it!!
    Careful Frank, she beats herself up so she's well 'ard.

Quote horselesspaul View Post
    Careful Frank, she beats herself up so she's well 'ard.
    It's great isn't it?

I've never known anyone being that active on these fitness threads and enjoying it so much too!

I think i'd settle for something every other day to start with.

Probably take me 5 years to get to the 'Squig' activity level! :smile:

sign up now for the squig boot camp I promise I will go easy on you to start off with

sign up now for the squig boot camp I promise I will go easy on you to start off with

My doctor said that the exercises I should be doing should be strengthening and stretching exercises, but I don't know what those are. There was a link but there wasn't any diagrams. ??? The only other exercise that I know is OK right now is walking and probably swimming, though for swimming I would have to find out how that works to go to the building and get changed and whatnot, so, might take awhile. But just walking is so boring.

I enjoy walking, QM, but depends where you are walking. Can you take a portable music player with you? You might enjoy it more if you are walking to music.

What about yoga or pilates?

I cleaned my apartment for about 45 mins and then cycled for 60 mins.

streching and strengthening sounds like pilates. this is a website which tells you the theory but also gives you a video of the exercise. http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatese...tes-Videos.htm

Pilaf

I'm much stronger and leaner than I was just a little over a year ago thanks to my weight training. I was inspired by Robert Cheeke and other vegan athletes. I am nowhere near reaching my goals yet but I am having fun getting stronger and healthier.

BlackCats

^ Sounds good Pilaf. Everyone is doing great on here.

I started exercising hurray. I did trampolining for 30-45 mins three times this week. It was really hard at first but today it felt much easier.

I bought a new swimming costume after I went on holiday last May and I haven't even been yet () but once I have toned up a bit I was going to go to a local pool.

Have you seen the Kubric film "Full Metal Jacket"?

actually my favorite thing to beat myself up with is soap in a sock, nothing spurs me on like it
    1hr 15mins kick boxing yesterday, 1 hr pilates this morning, gonna hit the pool tomorrow I think, normally like to go to the gym after pilates but had to get straight to the hospital