Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Deals (UK), old thread

Default Re: Special Deals (UK)

waitrose are stating on their homepage christmas pudding and the star mince pies as vegan...
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

Quote Elahiya View Post
    waitrose are stating on their homepage christmas pudding and the star mince pies as vegan...

MMM!

I wish someone would make iced topped mince pies.
    Sainsburys used to make them vegan, and I bought at least 100.
    They're the best thing EVER.

Zero

Quote firstandthen View Post
    There's a two for the price of one on Cauldron Tofu in Morrisons....
    I hope thats not that damn Marinated ready to eat Tofu! I sometimes buy that to put in a meal and end up eating it like finger food before I've had chance to cook anything

Ah, the times I've gone to make a quick tofu and vegetable stir fry and just ended up with a vegetable stir fry Oh well.

Quote Zero View Post
    I hope thats not that damn Marinated ready to eat Tofu! I sometimes buy that to put in a meal and end up eating it like finger food before I've had chance to cook anything

Ah, the times I've gone to make a quick tofu and vegetable stir fry and just ended up with a vegetable stir fry Oh well.
    Me too!
    Last night I was cooking with Redwoods chicken pieces, and ate half the pack with sweet chilli dipping sauce poured on each piece.

Some branches of TKMaxx have toiletries from Green People, Tisserand (both marked with vegan sunflower) and Organic Surge (not marked but seems from info on web to be all vegan) in stock a few quid cheaper than you would pay in other shops.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

cobweb

dunno if this is everywhere but in our local Co-op they are doing Elizabeth Shaw's mint chocs, 2 for 1.
    In fact i only bought 2 boxes, must go back for more, they are useful as gifts for teachers, etc at Christmas time.

Quote Marrers View Post
    Some branches of TKMaxx have toiletries from Green People, Tisserand (both marked with vegan sunflower) and Organic Surge (not marked but seems from info on web to be all vegan) in stock a few quid cheaper than you would pay in other shops.
    which branches??!!

H&B in Eldon Square have tofutti sour cream buy one get one half price.
    I am cooking chilli for 4 today so I took advantage.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    which branches??!!
    Some branches - Is the branch near you a some branch?
    The day breaks and everything is new.

I don't know Bryzee I don't work for TKMaxx and even if I did how could I know the stock of every shop in the uk?!

But . . . I've found that if one shop has stuff it is likely many others do - if I see something I like but they don't have my size or the quantity I want I'll try the other 4 shops I can get to easily and often find what I'm looking for.

(I got mine in Croydon but unless they have more stock coming in it is not worth going cos there is now not much left!)
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Edit - wrong thread.

Iceland on Stanhope Street are doing 2 multisaves which I took advantage of:
    2 Chilled Alpro soya milk for £2;
    2 packets crawfords bourbon creams for £1.
    The latter have no animal products in the ingredients list but have been produced on a line handling milk and nuts.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Quote herbwormwood View Post
    Iceland on Stanhope Street are doing 2 multisaves which I took advantage of:
    2 Chilled Alpro soya milk for £2;
    Tesco are doing that too and also with Alpro yogurts and cream cheese. Don't bother with the cream cheese though, it's rank.
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

Quote Elahiya View Post
    SCORE! i had a village bakery one last year while everyone else ate eggy ones (though with veggie suet...ARGH!) and it wasn't great. AND, if i have a waitrose one, which i assume would be full size, i'll be able to eat it all week! fab!

amanda

Loads of the Co-op xmas puds are vegan - even the fancy pants ones.

voucher's back! valid for a couple more days

http://www.coupon.grassingtons.co.uk/?page=voucher.pdf

I couldn't see the PDF voucher, seems you have to go here:

http://www.coupon.grassingtons.co.uk/

and fill in your details first. There are 2 days left, the offer ends on the 28th.

They had the pepper steaks in my nearest Sainsburies, 25% off at £1.50 each.

Quote Maisiepaisie View Post
    Tesco are doing that too and also with Alpro yogurts and cream cheese. Don't bother with the cream cheese though, it's rank.
    I can't find any mention of an alpro cream cheese on their website...?
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Buddha Belly

Quote scoultas View Post
    I couldn't see the PDF voucher, seems you have to go here:

http://www.coupon.grassingtons.co.uk/

and fill in your details first. There are 2 days left, the offer ends on the 28th.

They had the pepper steaks in my nearest Sainsburies, 25% off at £1.50 each.

Thanks!

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    voucher's back! valid for a couple more days

http://www.coupon.grassingtons.co.uk/?page=voucher.pdf
    Morrisons are doing all the gardein products on special offer for £1 a pack.

(Not that you should combine promotional offers or anything)
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

They are indeed.

Free Balls!

MORRISONS!

Vegan meat balls, steak and chicken steak in tomato sauce...made by Grassingtons....all on offer for a quid each. I nearly dropped dead!!!!!

Whoops I didn't see above posts! Um but I didn't need a voucher!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Use the voucher on the ones that are a quid = free ???!

Quote confusionisben View Post
    I don't have a printer plus the page has expired!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote confusionisben View Post
    They're on promotion so technically you can't... we might have accidentally got some free ones though.

pah, the only Grassingtons products i've ever found are all non-vegan.

i looked in TKMaxx for Green People/Tisserand products but couldn't find any. that shop is horrible! all their nice winter coats were wool too. grr.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Gorilla - I went to check out whether they had the new Grassingtons in the nearest largish Sainsburys today but they didn't (yet!). I've never tried requesting a supermarket gets anything in for me, but I guess I might - can't hurt to ask.

I had the chicken breast type things at lunch time - they were okay, nice chewy texture, I was never a big fan of chicken though. I thought the steaky things were really nice. I have a wholegrain bake in the oven at the moment, so just got the meatballs to find and I'll have tried all the new stuff! (I swear I don't work for them!)
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Quote twinkle View Post
    I can't find any mention of an alpro cream cheese on their website...?
    I just had a look on their website but its not there. Its in a small tub with a picture of a slice of bread with the cheese being spread on. It says alternative to soft cheese on the back of the tub but on the lid it just says 'Alpro soya Plain' rather confusing really. Anyway its a bit tasteless but might be ok for making cheesecake.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    MORRISONS!

Vegan meat balls, steak and chicken steak in tomato sauce...made by Grassingtons....all on offer for a quid each. I nearly dropped dead!!!!!
    I haven't seen any of these in my local Morrisons. Which section are they in, fridge or freezer?
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well

It says alternative to soft cheese on the back of the tub but on the lid it just says 'Alpro soya Plain' rather confusing really. Anyway its a bit tasteless but might be ok for making cheesecake.
    It's absolutely disgusting stuff - and it's got a rank smelly-feet/garlicky taste to it too, so it would be no good at all for cheesecakes. Even my consume-everything husband didn't take to it - though my dog likes it. Just as well, 'cos that's where it's going to end up!

]

I haven't seen any of these in my local Morrisons. Which section are they in, fridge or freezer?
    Even looking for them, I didn't think mine were selling any of the new Grassington products, as none were in the 'Meat Free' section. However, they were all at the end of the aisle in the 'Promotional' section, so make sure you look there!

They're in the freezer section.
    Last edited by scoultas; Oct 27th, 2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: explained they're in the freezer section

Twinkle - I'll check in my warehouse to see if we stock them. We do the entire South East. So if we have them in, then it would be worth the store ordering them in for you!

Grassintons still £1 in Morrisons today and the tofu is still on 2 for 1 at £1.09

Schloer - BOGOF in Sainsburys and Waitrose
    Rice Dream w/ Calcium - 99p in Morrisons
    Elizabeth Shaw Dark Mint Crisp - Says 2 for £4, but comes up as BOGOF (cheaper) at till, Morrisons
    Alpro Yoghurts - BOGOF in Waitrose
    Fry's Chocolate Creams - ALL SWEETS in Woolworths 3 for 2. I THINK it ends Thursday (27th Nov).

linda mccartney (all products) was BOGOF in sainsburys (warwick) the other day
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Alpro soya milk (from the chiller) is cheaper if you buy 2 in Waitrose. I think it might be 2 for £2, all types including the chocolate milk. Appears to end 2/12.

Quote hiddenfromview View Post
    Schloer - BOGOF in Sainsburys and Waitrose
    Rice Dream w/ Calcium - 99p in Morrisons
    Elizabeth Shaw Dark Mint Crisp - Says 2 for £4, but comes up as BOGOF (cheaper) at till, Morrisons
    Alpro Yoghurts - BOGOF in Waitrose
    Fry's Chocolate Creams - ALL SWEETS in Woolworths 3 for 2. I THINK it ends Thursday (27th Nov).
    Sounds like you did the tour! Such munificence! Is it Woolworths or the offer that ends on thursday? Keep hoping they don't de-list any of this stuff soon.... rice dream's pretty much a minority sport.
    No guru, no method, no teacher

i get through gallons of Rice Dream there's no Morrisons near where i live though. luckily Sunny Foods in Brighton have been selling it at 99p recently too
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Morrisons are also selling Cauldron Falafel at £1! That's my dinner sorted
    vegan and proud.

Buddha Belly

Sainsbury's have the new Original Source shower gel for £1. It is a winter special of Chocolate and vanilla. Our bathroom is an homage to Original Source, we have nearly all their range in a long line on our bath.

Quote Buddha Belly View Post
    Sainsbury's have the new Original Source shower gel for £1. It is a winter special of Chocolate and vanilla. Our bathroom is an homage to Original Source, we have nearly all their range in a long line on our bath.
    was there earlier and stocked a bit up i was also glad to see that my sainsburys had some of the summer editon "almonod&coconut" left, all other stores i checked didn“t have what i like...
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

Alpro yogurts (the 4x125g packs) are 2 for 2 quid in Sainsbury's.
    First it was necessary to civilize man in relation to man.
    Now it is necessary to civilize man in relation to nature and the animals.
    Victor Hugo

Got a pair of these shoes reduced from £65 to £15 in the Coventry branch of Go Outdoors on Monday

All the synthetic materials are recycled and the uppers are made from hemp. Really comfortable too.

All the eco shoes made by simple shoes were been sold off v cheaply. Worth a look if your near a Go Outdoors

cobweb

they look good, Simon

i bought a pair of walking boots off a new vegan seller on eBay the other day for about £25, they seem very good, too.

Quote cobweb View Post
    they look good, Simon

i bought a pair of walking boots off a new vegan seller on eBay the other day for about £25, they seem very good, too.

Link please?

Quote Simon View Post
    Got a pair of these shoes reduced from £65 to £15 in the Coventry branch of Go Outdoors on Monday
    they're really cool, Simon. unfortunately there aren't any stores near me and i couldn't find any of those on the website.

cobweb

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/milly.nowak1/

this is the seller i bought my boots from, i got the hiking ones.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    they're really cool, Simon. unfortunately there aren't any stores near me and i couldn't find any of those on the website.
    Shame they aren't listed on the website. I think they were been discontinued so perhaps they are just been sold off in store. I did take a quick search on ebay for 'simple shoes' and there are quite a few been sold on there for about £30 so still a decent price.

Quote cobweb View Post
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/milly.nowak1/
    this is the seller i bought my boots from, i got the hiking ones.
    Thank you.

Quote Simon View Post
    Shame they aren't listed on the website. I think they were been discontinued so perhaps they are just been sold off in store. I did take a quick search on ebay for 'simple shoes' and there are quite a few been sold on there for about £30 so still a decent price.
    thanks Simon, i'll have a look