Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2270

Thread: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

sugarmouse

Default Re: Let's Get Fit and Healthy Together!

Seriously?I would be terrified.lol
    I felt I had eaten lots and lots yesterday.

sugarmouse

Today i got up far too early... have eated 6 crispbreads with purespread...tonnes of salad wi a bit of mayola and low cal dressing...pinched 5 potato wedges off my friend, cup of V8..I will make a stir fry later... I ran for 28 mins so feel ok. Must sleep now ! I mworried about HunkaMunka and her operation,vet are meant to call me whenshe's awake

Well so far all is going well! Havent done as much skipping as I thought I would, but I have been doing loads more walking, and also counting weight watchers points (I dug out my mums old books) and Im feeling much better and positive!

Its definately a good feeling to be in control of my eating and exercise, thanks for everyones posts on here which are always encouraging!

I've been keeping my food and exercise diary and that is a great motivator both to keep exercising and to watch what I am eating. I managed along to the gym this morning despite feeling very low and though it didn't help my mood, I am still glad I went. However, when I went in the swimming pool, I only stayed in a few minutes as all of a sudden it got very busy and I am still learning and felt quite frustrated with all these competent swimmers.

I bought a dark chocolate bar - orange and cardamom - yum! - as a treat this afternoon because my mood isn't shifting and I thought might as well indulge. I do feel a bit better because it is lovely and I only ate a bit.

sugarmouse

I went the doctors on tuesday and was told I have low blood pressure which may explain why I hve been feeling a bit dazey!
    It was normal last time she took it couple months ago. Maybe I should start smoking cigars or somerhing I havent ran today nor yesterday...I did tuesday though.
    I had mum visit yesterday afeter work, plus didnt feel well.,,and today worked too late to go gym. I may do soem weights etc later though.
    I have eaten pretty healthy..today handful of cashew nuts, few medjool dates and few grapes, bag of carrot batons and a veg stir fry at a restaurnt. I did sneak a few fries thogh ( slapped wrist) ..yesterday was veg soup, salad , vegetable rice noodles and 350 cals worth of rice cakes and cereal bars durin the day. I must eat healthier snacks whilst at work!
    I feel healthier having had a nice candley bath and washed my hair and pampered myself.

Quote sugarmouse View Post

I have eaten pretty healthy..today handful of cashew nuts, few medjool dates and few grapes, bag of carrot batons and a veg stir fry at a restaurnt. I did sneak a few fries thogh ( slapped wrist) ..yesterday was veg soup, salad , vegetable rice noodles and 350 cals worth of rice cakes and cereal bars durin the day. I must eat healthier snacks whilst at work!
    I feel healthier having had a nice candley bath and washed my hair and pampered myself.
    Sugarmouse, you seem to eat very, very little, especially considering the amount of exercise you do. Have you discussed your diet with your doctor? It could be the source of your lethargy and low blood pressure, and it could be dangerous if prolonged.

Remember to take care of yourself

i am now going swimming twice to three times a week, doing 14 lengths and taking just over half an hour each time.

i'm really pleased with myself as i have no motivation and dont enjoy exercise per se but hopefully will stick with the swimming. in lane swim time, there are generally just oldies going up and down, and that suits me just fine.

sugarmouse

Quote brighteyed View Post
    Sugarmouse, you seem to eat very, very little, especially considering the amount of exercise you do. Have you discussed your diet with your doctor? It could be the source of your lethargy and low blood pressure, and it could be dangerous if prolonged.

Remember to take care of yourself

AMF says that, too..I think I eat quite a lot maybe dont go into enough detail here.. I am not so active, I run for around half hour 4 ish times a week and walk briskly coupke times to work and back.. I dont have an active lifestyle..I sit on my butt all day at work and uni!
    Foxy, I was thinking about you and you say you like potato chips (crisps for brits lol) and I thought, are you able to get popadums in your neck of the woods?As in uncooked ones?Cos' I hav those when I feel like chips..they can be microwaved and a large one has like, 30 cals..if you eat two or three of those its liek eating a whole bag of crisps/chips and has like, a gram of fat lol.They come in differnt flavours here, I can get plain ones, or garlic ones or spicy ones...I think half of the thing for crisps/chips is their crunchiness and popadums hit the spot with that. Just a thought.!!

Zucker Maus!

Anyway, has anybody had experience with HIIT exercise or any experience with periodization routines?

sugarmouse

[QUOTE=Fuhzy;392348]Zucker Maus!

QUOTE]

lol!
    No exercise for me today..too tired and had loads of rubbishy things to get on with. I havent eaten too badly. Had 3 cups of veg soup, a cup of pasta (white I ve run outta wholewheat grr) some squash/carrot/potato mash, a cabbage and tomato salad, 2 cups of coffee and a bottle of fizzy water..could be worse! I am so sleepy! I had a 3 hour catnap this afternoon and felt a lot lot healthier afterwards, and went to physio. The only exercise-ish thing I did was stretches after that.

sugarmouse

Today..
    Cappucino
    2 apples
    2 bags low cal crisps/chips (90 calseach)
    handful sunflower seeds
    large bowl leafy salad with low cal dressing and tomatos
    cup lentil and chilli soup (my own home recipe lol)
    Bowl of sauteed corguettes/zucchini
    Crispbread with purespread
    I feel pretty full up but I know it was ok food today.

I was working 9-5 and managed a 23 min run after work. was to sleepy for much more, had a nap on Scruffyhead's couch after that!

hope everyone is doin ok!

LuVegan15

I was doing really well up to about a week ago, and then I started eating loads of calorific () carbs, which I know are good for you, but I think I had like 3 peices of toast, a packet of crisps (woopsie) and 2-3 banannas a day. So I have put on a bit of weight. well, 6 pounds actually. I'm not really sure how I put on that much?! I went from 7st. 2 to 7st. 8 in a week Also, I'm not doing as much excercise as I should be, so that is probably another reason. BUT, I have now designed myself a new health, diet and fitness regime! It consists of me waking up at 7am, having breakfast of weatabix, soy milk and rape seed oil, walking to the bus at 7.45 (takes about 10 mins), having a big salad at school and some fruit, having more fruit when I get home and then doing gymnastics/dance/running untill dinner, which will be a well balanced meal.
    How is everyone doing with getting fit and healthy??

i pushed up to 16 lengths yesterday and i am feeling it today

Good sperm

Unwell, so more time off my running training. I've lost enough hard-won speed due to my back injury I don't need this too

I'm doing crap as well

Gone from 13 stone 5lbs to 13 stone 12 lbs in November - and been diagnosed with IBS.

Just about to leave work to go to an appointment in Wales. It will be interesting to see how my spine issues cope with the trip!

Still - you have to look on the brightside - one day - someone tell me where it is!
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

good luck everyone and good job all of you! hugs to you all and i send you all my strength to continue on your healthy paths.

not doing much exercise lately. i have a bad flu right now so im feeling pretty crappy, but im eating healthy over all. lots of veggie soup and salads. they seem to be the easiest things to make right now, as theyre quick and healthy.

i will indulge for my birthday though
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

sugarmouse

Awwget well soon foxtee!
    Frank #i have IBS too.
    Its my day off exercise apart form stretchingand I will do some weights if I get time.
    I must sleep soon, have felt mega groggy all day today lol it was bucketing it down and dead darkand I been at work 9-5.
    I had a cappucing for brekkie,a bag of 100cal chips/crisps, an apple, 2 sugarfree lollipops, almost a whole packet of cheatin chicken with chinese crackers (PMT binge methinks)
    And once home had some seeds,two cups of soup with noodles.Grrhow many calories is that.

Good sperm

I think you're sleeping so much because you're only consuming about 1200 cals. Eat more. A proper breakfast, lunch and dinner and healthy snacks. Try porridge, fruit as a snack, soup and bread for lunch, seeds as a snack and a good meal (e.g. tofu stir fry with veg and rice) for dinner.

sugarmouse

I have slept so much since my nervous breakdown AMF ,due probably to the medication I take, and due to the cool-down period I am in now after the exhaustion of being in 'fight or flight' mode for literally years..I have been an insomniac since I was a child, so I do welcome the fact I can rest and sleep now..but having said that I agree that if I had a btter diet I may feel less sleepy.

LuVegan15

What I had to eat today -- Breakfast: two weatabix with soy milk and a tablespoon of rape seed oil, as well as a smoothie made with fruit. For break at school I had an apple, for lunch I had an apple and a bananna, when I got home I had another bowl of cereal, a peice of wholemeal toast, and another smoothie. For dinner I had soy protien 'fish fingers', potatoes, and a salad. I think that was a pretty healthy day, I just hope I do well tomoro aswell.

Quote sugarmouse View Post
    Frank #i have IBS too.
    I'm just about to start some research on it.

Was there anywhere interesting you went to on the web?

What do you do to control yours?

sugarmouse

I have eaten lots more than normal today. No excercise either was too tired!

Bowl of Roast Zucchini
    Huge bwol salad greenswith dressing
    Bowl of chilli/lentil soup

4 crsipbreads with purespread
    Another bowl same soup
    cup mushroom soup
    more salad
    Bowl of steamed broccoli,cauliflower,mushroomks and chickpeas with low cal dressing.
    portion mash potato
    large handful of mixed seeds
    Hot chocolate with soy milk

Ugh I dont want to think about how many calories all this lot was!

sugarmouse

Quote Frank View Post
    I'm just about to start some research on it.

Was there anywhere interesting you went to on the web?

What do you do to control yours?

Heya...
    I just got used to what works and waht doesn't.I found out what my trigger foods were and gave them up (mostly bread and refined wheat products, and dried fruit)
    Excersise helps too...it makes my symptoms milder.
    Yoga,-there are specific poses meantto help massage the digestion organs

When I get a bout, I do stretches, use a hot water bottle and do breathing exercises.
    There are plenty of resources on the web.. I cannot say I found any particularly useful or not useful.

Thanks Sugarmouse.

I'm about to start 'very' light exercise - as prepared by my physio.

I will start to look at what I eat.

Hope i'm not allergic to soya!!

sugarmouse

Good luck Frank!
    Today-faffed about with weights not proper session but did something! Lol
    21 minute run (not enough but I am full of cold !) Grr.
    eaten too bowls of salad with cucumber tomatos and leaves
    large bag carrot crudites n dip
    small handful seeds
    one cup soup.
    I am goin out for dinner tonight too
    I have slept for a good few hours during the day today that should do my system good lol

sugarmouse

Ok so last nigght I went to an italian and had greensalad, olives and a thin crust vveggie pizza (no cheese obv)
    I felt v v fat for doing such but it was one of those unavoidables. At least I wasnt particularly unhealthy
    Today I have been for a run for 23 mins (I stil have a cold and pmt didnt feel anymore would be good)
    And eaten a bag of crisps 200 cals, cappucino,apple. bowl of cucumber and tomato salad wi dressing and chickpeas &a small bowl of stir fry veg.I had nap too.I feel ok.

sugar, a thin crust vegetable pizza isnt bad to eat. dont feel bad for eating that.

i still continue to eat healthy except when im pmsing. i feel fat right now due to water retention. i lost ten pounds of water the other day over night but gained it back because of my birthday dinner. siggggggggggggh. i really feel like shooting myself sometimes because of this water retention.

havent kept up with exercise. i need to do some.

hope everyones doing okay.

I've started to gear up mentally for a new health effort for 2008.

That being understood something strange has happened to me this evening.

I've had 9 squares of chocolate in the last 14 years. - All of them in the last three years.

I bought two boxes of the chocolates that are made for the Dr Hadwens Trust.

I took one to a meeting tonight where I had to bring food along.

The other box of these large chocolates? I've eaten 28 of the 32

More chocolates in the last few hours than the last 14 years put together.

I've gone strange!!! My hearts pumping and I feel light headed.

I don't have sugar in my diet except with ice cream when out after a meal and the sugars when I've had a beer.

But - bloody hell - what's happened to me?

Maybe it's something that my system needed?

Frank the heart pumping will be a caffiene overload! may last a while. I did more or less the same thing yesterday but luckily with a smaller box of booja booja chocolate truffles - so nice I could easily have eaten more but I never woudl have slept if I had!
    'Spring will soon pounce [like a floppy kitten]'. Whalespace.

sugarmouse

Any progress,Tina?Did you havea nicebirthday though?

I ran for 25mins and did some 15 minutes of weights on my biceps.

I have been healthy so far, roast zucchini, soup , blob of mashed potato(or I will eat loads of it if im notcareful,carrot batons andsalad. I ate some stuffed vine leaves too..they cannot be so bad can they?lol

I am returning to normal service today!!

I don't think I could look at another chocolate for another 14 years.

I still don't know what gave the insatiable appetite!

I don't drink tea or coffee either - so I guess that was a big caffeine/sugar load

sugarmouse

I didnt do any excersise at the wkend aprt from my weights and stretches. Have ran for 25 mins today so thats okay, eaten a large bowl of salad with quinoa and roast zucchini, two crispbreads and half a slice of bred with some soup. I havnt been well the wkend so hardly eaten anything. I feel quite slim!Lol

aaaaaaaarggghhhhhhh. my urge to shoot myself is getting a lot stronger lol. ive barely eaten in the past few days because ive been vomiting all day with a horrible flu and im still swollen everywhere. siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

no progress and the lack of exercise has turned me back into a goddamn ball of mush again.

Over the last couple of weeks i've been preparing an overall health plan for myself.

I'm picking up on expert advice received from various areas as well as reviewing substantial notes I put together a couple of years ago. This will form the basis for what i'm up to this year and its all tailored to me!

Weight at the start of this year - 14 stone 5lbs.

Hope everyone has good health success with what they do for 2008

i'm considering pre-watching the gym ball dvd my daughter bought me for christmas - just watching today you understand....

p.s. how tall are you frank?

Quote cedarblue View Post

p.s. how tall are you frank?
    5' 8.5''

So plenty of work to do this year

good luck with that frank

I'm looking forward to healthier eating habbits. My skin has broken out this week and I think it's because it's detoxing because of all the crap I ate over the holidays.

sugarmouse

I have had this dumb viral infection for over three weeks noiw!Not been able to do any exercise at all.I have lost weight though! HOw that happened I do not know. I have tried to eat lightly given that I canot exercise, and cannot do much other than faff on here and sleep and take loads of baths! I feel awful still am off work this week due to dizziness and sickness with it. Ugh.

I've had a cold for a couple of weeks, it is finally gone today, but it has meant I have done no significant exercise and I have continued to eat as usual (feed a cold and all that!) and I am delighted to find I have put on no extra weight! Back to the gym tomorrow with renewed purpose. And my aquafit classes start next week.

I restarted swimming yesterday. Of course, I'm in lousy shape, but I swam about 2k (despite finding it hard to do more than 200m w/o stopping).. and so feel very sore today
    As I also bought myself a new bicycle and have been cycling to uni, I hope I'll be as fit as I used to be soon

One of my new year's resolutions was to take two yoga classes per week.

So far the results are fab! I have more energy, sleep better, am more at peace with myself, etc.

I found one yoga teacher that's my favorite, really into backbends, which I love.

Tonite, for the first time ever, I am trying Bikram yoga aka hot yoga where you practice yoga in 105 degree temperature. It's supposed to really detox your body.

I'm currently doing the Frederic Patenaud 21 say challenge. You pick one diet related, a exercise related and a lifestyle related eg meditation positive habit and try and stick to it for 21 days. I want to lose 5 kilo's to get to my goal weight.
    Today

DIET
    2 slices organic sourdough with homemade plum jam.
    banana soy smoothie.
    naan bread and organic pumpkin & dukkah dip.
    2 bruschetta with garlic, olive oil, tomatoes, pesto, pinenuts,
    baby spinach & rocket, balsamic vinegar.
    half mango.
    2 black tea with soy
    water
    soy iced chai
    chai tea.

EXERCISE
    1 hour Body Combat

SUPPLIMENTS
    1 Iron & B12 sublingual
    1 kelp
    homeopathic melatonin

I can't face reading this entire thread so hope you don't mind if this has been discussed before.

I have decided to try using an online food tracker and have heard a lot of people here mention FitDay.

I just tried to make a start on there and am finding the quantities a bit of a struggle in some areas - it only gives me the option of a tablespoon or a cup. I'm in the UK and used to measuring by weight in grams. How do others cope with this to make sure accurate amounts are entered?

Also I can't find a listing for bell peppers (not even under capsicum). Is it called something else?

Or are there any other good websites I should be looking at? Some that will list things in quantities I'm more able to work with would be good.

ETA Also when adding a customised food FitDay has a listing for sodium. If my food label says "salt .7g, of which sodium .3g" which figure should I enter?
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Heya Marrers, I use Nutracheck, it's a pay website but it's very good. It's £19.99 for 3 months and if you buy now you get 3 months free with that, you can also try before paying anything for 5 days for free. Basically its calorie counting and exercise. There is a good food diary with a big database of foods but you can also add your own and there is a meal builder section where you put in all the ingredients and it works out the per serving calories. There are also forums which are quite good for support. So yeah, I can't recommend the place enough, I've lost 21lbs there so far and find it easy and sustainable, it's worth checking it out using the free trial.

Thanks Lorrs, I'll have a look.

ETA I had a look - very supermarket food based from what I see so far! (Cashews were only listed in brand packet sizes )
    The biggest disappointment for me was lack of nutritional info - I really need to get a grip on my nutrition as I'm a bit hopeless.

While I'm trying to find one I like I might try filling in several different ones with the same info and see what comes out!

Anyone else have a suggestion?
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Oooh, Tree Hugga, I'm a Frederick Patenaud fan myself! His books are fabulous, definitely inspirational

I'd like to interview him some day in my work.

Quote Marrers View Post
    I can't face reading this entire thread so hope you don't mind if this has been discussed before.

I have decided to try using an online food tracker and have heard a lot of people here mention FitDay.

I just tried to make a start on there and am finding the quantities a bit of a struggle in some areas - it only gives me the option of a tablespoon or a cup. I'm in the UK and used to measuring by weight in grams. How do others cope with this to make sure accurate amounts are entered?

Also I can't find a listing for bell peppers (not even under capsicum). Is it called something else?

Or are there any other good websites I should be looking at? Some that will list things in quantities I'm more able to work with would be good.

ETA Also when adding a customised food FitDay has a listing for sodium. If my food label says "salt .7g, of which sodium .3g" which figure should I enter?

I use Fitday everday. Can you buy yourself some cup measuring tools? I bought a set a while back for just a few dollars.

You'll find bell peppers if you type in the search, something like "red pepper" or "green pepper". You'll get a listing, but I always choose the one that reads something like "pepper, sweet red, raw" or similar and same for green pepper. Those will be measured in weight amounts also, probably oz.

As for the salt question.....sorry - I don't know! It measures in milligrams though.

Oh, and after last night, I must say I'm not a fan of Bikram yoga.

I get more out of my regular yoga class because we do more backbends, shoulder stands, and the music is sooooo fab.

The Bikram, the only intensity was the heat. But I felt cheated without all the extras I am used to: meditation, chanting, candles, incense.

I'm not knocking the practice, but it just wasn't me. It felt more like a gym class than a yoga class.

Quote Marrers View Post

Hi there. I love fitday and use it daily. For bell peppers, they are refering to the sweet kind, so type in peppers green, or peppers red, etc.

Also, if your labels are good enough to tell you what portion is salt, and what portion is sodium, that's great! Enter in the value for sodium.

Fitday is not perfect, my main problem is that you cannot enter values for every nutrient, even if you know the food contains it (i.e. vitamin k or selenium). But it is included in the report. So my values for those nutrients are lower than I know they actually are. But, after using it for like 8-10 months or so, most of the foods I eat that are not in their data base are stored there for me, so its very easy. I also know that I have adjusted some of my eating habits to make sure I am getting the appropriate nutrients. I am proud when I look at my month-long report. Its so much better than it used to be

Good luck, and let us know if you find a better site!
    tabbouleh-bouleh