Thread: Pancake Day

Default Pancake Day

Anyone have a good vegan pancake recipe? Is it right that only milk and flour is needed??

Default Re: Pancake Day

This is my p!ss-easy vegan pancake recipe: http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/co...npancakes.html Yep, flour and soya milk. I've seen other recipes with about ten ingredients so you could make it more complicated if you like, but this one works for me. Probably better to use soya milk than other types of milk as it seems to be better at binding.
    http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/
    http://twitter.com/cooking4vegans

It depends what kind of pancakes you want! If you want the thin ones just flour and liquid of choice (water will do in a pinch) plus maybe a pinch of sugar and salt are fine as they're just a carrier for toppings really, or you can make fluffy ones with blueberries or whatever you like. I don't have a recipe to hand but I know there are tons floating about!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

ok thanks guys. we're gonna have a trial pancake day tomorrow (any excuse eh)....i love sugar and lemon juice on mine....

I add baking powder as a fluffening(tm) agent.

Quote Kevin2 View Post
    I add baking powder as a fluffening(tm) agent.

haha great word!

I add baking powder as well and I've just had pancakes for breakfast - yum, I'll be making them on Tuesday as well - can't get enough
    Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!

Slightly Crazy 1gentlemaorispirit's Avatar

My OH loves pancakes. For him every day would be pancake day! I think they are revolting things, but each to their own.
    I make no apologies for myself, my passions, my love, my honesty, my intensity, my soul. Reach beyond your fears and take all of me or nothing at all.

just flour and milk for me too - with lemon, maple syrup and a little soy or oat cream drizzled over the top.

Mousee!!

would a bit of egg replaces work at all?
    before veganism you know my mothers recipe would contain milk, eggs and flour.

my recipe, well not mine but I can't find the link of where I got it from

1 cup flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp sugar
    pinch of salt
    1 cup milk
    2 tbsp oil

makes about 6 yummy pancakes
    Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!

Quote seamus View Post
    would a bit of egg replaces work at all?
    before veganism you know my mothers recipe would contain milk, eggs and flour.
    Whenever I've made pancakes I've used the same recipe my mum used to make with eggs, milk and flour, only using egg replacer and soya milk instead. They worked fine for me.
    No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.

talknerdytome

I just used soya milk and flour and they worked PERFECT!

My omni friend couldn't tell the difference =] Thank you so much!

For sweet ones I use a cup of flour, a cup of soya milk, one teaspoon baking powder (I guess you wouldn't need this if you use SR flour), a pinch of salt. Mix together and then add a mashed banana. They are American style, quite thick but delicious. My omni. son prefers them to ordinary pancakes made with eggs

Hello fellow tossers

Quote derwenna View Post
    This is my p!ss-easy vegan pancake recipe: http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/co...npancakes.html Yep, flour and soya milk. I've seen other recipes with about ten ingredients so you could make it more complicated if you like, but this one works for me. Probably better to use soya milk than other types of milk as it seems to be better at binding.
    I used your recipe last night and it made 14 (not 7!) of what were undoubtably the best vegan pancakes I've ever had (aka the best I've had in the past 10 years). Far better than those that I've had in restuarants and identical in every way to that i remember non vegan ones being. Why do people put eggs in things again?

Even the first one worked!
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

cobweb

Quote veganprin View Post
    my recipe, well not mine but I can't find the link of where I got it from

1 cup flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp sugar
    pinch of salt
    1 cup milk
    2 tbsp oil

makes about 6 yummy pancakes

this is the one i use, too, only i just made one humungous one out of it today (hard to flip!! ) and we all shared it.

Quote derwenna View Post
    This is my p!ss-easy vegan pancake recipe: http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/co...npancakes.html Yep, flour and soya milk.
    i used this last night too, mostly because it was a spur of the moment decision to make pancakes and didn't have most of the ingredients other recipes call for. i made too many and felt sick afterwards but they were nice. i ate them with vegan 'honey' and vanilla Swedish Glace.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

We used the recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance which worked wonders as always.
    Toppings included: Dairy free chocolate spread, and lemon & orange juice with maple syrup. There's even some batter left over for a treat tonight.

I think any vegan pancake recipe is 'flippin' good
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

Quote derwenna View Post
    oh thank you, amazing recipe, my omi friend made them for me

I used your recipe to, Derwenna - thank you so much - it worked like a charm. Just lemon juice and sugar for us... traditional to the core when it comes to pancakes.

'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'