PDA

View Full Version : nākd food bars

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Mr Flibble
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:52 AM
We buy on average about 10 a week, at 89p each (tesco). Would happily buy by the box if it made it cheaper, but not seen anywhere online that works out cheaper than tesco.

JC
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
in the tesco i shop at, it costs 88p. not that a penny really makes a difference, it's just strange that they have different prices in different stores. oh, and in case anyone was interested, animal aid are selling mixed berry trek bars for 25p each because they're a couple weeks out of date. i just bought 10 :D

bryzee86
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
well i tried. i used dates, sultanas, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, apple juice, mixed berries and oats. i got the taste quite similar, but the texture was awful. i had to eat it with a spoon :rolleyes:

Did you add the apple juice to the mixture whilst it was being made? Also how much did you use?

I'd personally soak the fruit in the juice overnight, then thoroughly drain it all to remove excess moisture. THEN grind up the dates to a puree.

JC
Jun 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM
yeah, i added it whilst making. not much though, probably about 100ml at the most. i like your way better though, i'll try that next time.

pinkcharge
Jun 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
We buy on average about 10 a week, at 89p each (tesco). Would happily buy by the box if it made it cheaper, but not seen anywhere online that works out cheaper than tesco.

I think I'd rather pay the extra than set foot in that retched hell hole. Maybe I just order a whole box from Suma, wonder how long they'd last :satisfied:

JC
Jun 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think I'd rather pay the extra than set foot in that retched hell hole. Maybe I just order a whole box from Suma, wonder how long they'd last :satisfied:

i know!! inflation-busting prices my arse! :p

pinkcharge
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:39 AM
i know!! inflation-busting prices my arse! :p

Yeah not just the fact that they bully suppliers to lower prices, sell live turtles in their chinese supermarkets and want friggin' world domination, their like the illuminati of supermarkets. And the one is Swansea is horrible, its so busy you just want to kill someone by the time you're finished. I bloody can't stand the place. :mad:

Est
Jun 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Has anyone else tried these yet? From Nakd who do the raw food bars - small packets of raisins which also have citric acid and "natural flavours".

The raisins available are:

Orange raisins
Cherry raisins
Lemon raisins

They are absolutely delicious, and really taste just like the fruit (eg the orange ones taste just like oranges).

Bit gimmicky, maybe, but totally raw - and for people like me who *hate* the taste of raisins, it's a perfect way to be able to eat them and enjoy them!

I've been passing them round at work and everyone is sold on them and asking me where they can buy them (39p from Sainsburys near the jellies and Ambrosia stuff).

Even better they are boldly labelled VEGAN and RAW FOOD and seem ideally suited for kids' packed lunches too :D

Are they a new product, or have I just never seen them before? I'm in love! :p

Gorilla
Jun 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
they're not new, i first tried them at the Bristol Vegan Fayre in 2007. they're a bit hard to get hold of round here, but one branch of Sainsbury's sells them. they are indeed very yummy! :)

Knottykc
Jun 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Yes these are very yummy. I love the Cherry ones :)

citameht
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
i told him he probably wouldnt like it cos well he might have been expecting it to be a chocolate bar or something but anyway he liked it! lol random pointless story.I am not surprised. Great travel/what-ever snack!

threeheadedpuppy
Aug 18th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Had a mouthful of the cocoa bar today - i quite liked it! Surprisingly filling, I think a whole one would be more than enough to fill me up. Still seems quite expensive given how cheap the ingredients are.
yum!

Gorilla
Nov 17th, 2008, 11:08 AM
i see Nakd bars have been repackaged, i'm trying to eat a Cocoa Loco one at the moment but i still don't like them, in fact i like them even less than i remembered! :p it's bitter and gives me heartburn, i'm not sure i can finish it. :(

jonnie falafel
Nov 17th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah not just the fact that they bully suppliers to lower prices, sell live turtles in their chinese supermarkets and want friggin' world domination, their like the illuminati of supermarkets. And the one is Swansea is horrible, its so busy you just want to kill someone by the time you're finished. I bloody can't stand the place. :mad:

Here here pinkcharge... & they also sell below cost too... although I doubt that's the case with Nakd bars.

They acheive the texture by dehydration & that's probably why they cause indigestion too. I love em personally but they do give me terrible indigestion, as do Rashers!

jonnie falafel
Nov 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM
There is another brand by the Raw company & they do a chocolate/coconut & cinnamon/raisin version. They're moist and delicious.

jonnie falafel
Nov 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM
& has anyone tried the new Booja Booja raw truffles yet? The raspberry ones are fabulous.

Gorilla
Nov 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
There is another brand by the Raw company & they do a chocolate/coconut & cinnamon/raisin version. They're moist and delicious.

& has anyone tried the new Booja Booja raw truffles yet? The raspberry ones are fabulous.

i have never seen or heard of either of these.

eta: i still have heartburn from the Cocoa Loco bar i ate earlier. not good. :o

Zero
Nov 18th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Nak'd and Trek bars are only somewhat raw, the nuts (as with most are heat processed) and the oats are cooked, the apple juice is pasteurised. But hey, they are still are pretty damn healthy snack in my opinion :)

eta: i still have heartburn from the Cocoa Loco bar i ate earlier. not good. :o

Aww, don't eat them anymore if they do that to you :)

Gorilla
Nov 18th, 2008, 11:11 AM
^ i won't, they just tricked me into buying one with their new packaging, but i won't be fooled again! :p

Zero
Nov 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Such trickery! :)

cedarblue
Nov 20th, 2008, 09:39 AM
but they do give me terrible indigestion, as do Rashers!

**nods**
and then you get the horrid 'rest of the day 'bacon' burps'! - sorry :satisfied:

genisis
May 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM
i have recently tried those nakd bars and oh my goodness how delicious are they!!!! ive become quite adicted to them especially the choco one :D i am not a raw vegan and only tried them because they were on offer at my local supermarket and had seen them advetized in either the animal aid or viva! catalogue.i cannot believe how tasty they are!! is all raw food this tasty?? :)

beanstew
May 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
I love the cocoa Nakd bars too.

Ms_Derious
May 1st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Have you seen the protein flapjacks? They are super yummy :) Only in boots stores at the moment.

Tigerlily
May 3rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Are these bars made by the same people who make the Naked natural juices?