PDA

View Full Version : Things meat eaters say and do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123

coconut
Apr 9th, 2005, 12:57 AM
"Humans are at the top of the food chain"

Kinda reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where the kids at school are shown a pro-meat film with Troy Mclure. They show a food web with man at the top and every other species pointing at him :D

bulletproof
Apr 14th, 2005, 07:50 PM
it isn't silly or false or idiotic, so i guess it doesn't really belong here.. but people might mumble at me if i was to start a thread so closely related..

the most ANNOYING statement i hear so much is...

'are you allowed <insert food name here>'

ALLOWED

of course i am ALLOWED to, i CHOOSE not to- CHOOSE

it annoys me so much when i get asked this by people, especially when they ask for example 'are you allowed bread?' or 'are you allowed biscuits?' as if ALL bread and ALL biscuits (or whatever) are the same and have the same ingredients.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHHH!!! people are so STUPID!

just had to vent :)

sophia
Apr 14th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I am so glad that everyone feels the same way I do. It's good to have a rant. Do you know what really bugs me? if you ever get ill people say 'thats because you don't eat meat'. I have a friend with really bad eczema, who eats crappy processed food all the time and no veg and drinks loads of milk to help her bones! I told her that she has the eczema because of all the dairy she consumes, and that she should drink enriched soya milk and green veg. She wouln't have it, convinced that milk is gr8.

And yeah, the arguement about you should let children decide. So you are supposed to feed them meat and then when they get old enough explain to them what it really is. That is so hypocritical.

The healthiest baby i've ever seen is vegan, my friends little boy. He is really calm and a happy baby too!!

TheFirstBus
Apr 14th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Haha, my mother was watching judging amy so I caught some of it and her kid becomes a vegetarian (to show the entrance into teenagehood and rebeling against the mother) anyway Amys daughter is wearing a "meat is murder" shirt, and Amy standing in her fully finished kitchen in her business suit all ready for work says "its completely natural to eat meat".

Shisha Fiend
Apr 15th, 2005, 07:04 PM
of course i am ALLOWED to, i CHOOSE not to- CHOOSE

it annoys me so much when i get asked this by people, especially when they ask for example 'are you allowed bread?' or 'are you allowed biscuits?' as if ALL bread and ALL biscuits (or whatever) are the same and have the same ingredients.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHHH!!! people are so STUPID!

Yeah I totally agree, that's how I feel too! Also the whole 'it's vegan friendly!' No, it's ANIMAL friendly. :D Variation on a theme is 'can you have...' 'Well, it depends but most... have... in.'
'... Oh. I feel so sorry for you.'

Right. It's not an allergy thing you know, it's a personal choice, and really I wouldn't waste your sympathy on me, how about that cow you're munching on? A much more deserving recipient. :p

xxx

PinkLogik
Apr 15th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Someone said to me once "Well the animals have to die sometime y'know!"

I very nearly said: "Yes so do we... But do we often die hanging upside down from a meat hook and then have our throats slit and left to bleed to death??"

Sorry...Very graphic, but it's so annoying. :mad:

Part of me wishes I had said it. :rolleyes:

Imapeach
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:33 AM
My sister asked me the other day:

"Do you eat pumpkin?"

I was laughing on the outside but crying on the inside :p :D :rolleyes:

Hasha
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Someone said to me once "Well the animals have to die sometime y'know!"

I very nearly said: "Yes so do we... But do we often die hanging upside down from a meat hook and then have our throats slit and left to bleed to death??"

Sorry...Very graphic, but it's so annoying. :mad:

Part of me wishes I had said it. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you? Seriously though. A stupid comment like that deserves a graphic retort.

piggy
Apr 16th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Do you know what really bugs me? if you ever get ill people say 'thats because you don't eat meat'.

I know...people predict al kinds of horrible diseases for us unhealthy vegetarians...lately I've heard a lot of people saying eating too many vegetables is bad for your health, and the liver in particular...WTF???

When someone is ill here (flu, for example) they won't let you eat any fruit/veggies, no the right food for a sick person is pasta (refined flour, empty-of-nutrients, pure carbs only) with vegetable broth (not fresh, the one from a can, consiting mainly of salt and monosodium glutamate) and possibly some processed "fresh" cheese (you know the factory kind that is made up of of all the dairy stuff they weren't able to put in other more serious cheeses plus probably some non dairy animal parts).

And cheese is only rotten (off, infected with funghi) milk anyway. Why do people eat cheese with bits of green and blue funghi in them, but if they have a peace of bread a few days old, that's gone mif and blue they throw it away. So there.

A friend told me that there is no way to survive healthily on a vegetarian diet eating only commercial fruit and veg from the supermarket (because poor in nutrients), the only way would be to grow the veggies yourself.
While he may have a point there, I think saying NO WAY is going a bit far.
But most of all what irritated me was the fact that this should be true only for veg*ans. So meat-eaters don't have to grow their own veg? I suppose they get their nutrients from animal flesh (the animals, in turn, have eaten more antibiotics than grass, if it was grass it was COMMERCIAL GRASS FROM THE SUPERMARKET AND NUTRIENT-FREE, and have accumulated more pesticides than any eggplant ever could)
So there for logical reasoning.

Sorry for the rant but it DOES feel good to let off some steam...and non-veg*n people just don't seem to APPRECIATE my thoughts on the subject....

bulletproof
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:37 PM
My sister asked me the other day:

"Do you eat pumpkin?"

I was laughing on the outside but crying on the inside :p :D :rolleyes:

''are you allowed beetroot?'' urghhhh, stooooooooooopiiiiiiiiiiiid

it actually makes me want to hit things.

mysh
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Do you know what really bugs me? if you ever get ill people say 'thats because you don't eat meat'.

They may have a point there, though. With all the antibiotics that those poor animals get pumped full of, a good portion gets through to you, so keeping bacteria away. For now. And setting us all up for one mother of a bacterial epidemic. But who cares about social health if I can get my steak today. :mad:

PinkLogik
Apr 19th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Indeed, antibiotics (especially with prolonged use) can damage the body's own mechanisms for fighting bacterial infections.

Here's another one: "I tried being a vegetarian once, but I don't like vegetables" (ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Astrocat
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:08 PM
" 'Lamb' is not made from lambs"

;) riiiiiiiight, suuuuure it isn't

"I'm vegetarian but i eat fish, because fish isnt 'meat' to my mind"

Oh ? So what are fishes bodies made of, if not flesh ? leaves ?

vegetous
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:22 PM
My fiance' told me that her boss is a vegetarian, but she eats fish. I said then she's not a vegetarian. Her boss said that she can eat fish cause they swim...she could never eat anything that walks. I said well she still wouldn't be able to eat crab or lobster...I know shrimp have legs...don't know if they walk though :)
That was something silly said to me.

PinkLogik
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:56 PM
"I'm vegetarian but i eat fish, because fish isnt 'meat' to my mind"

Oh ? So what are fishes bodies made of, if not flesh ? leaves ?

Hmm, yes fish, those strange scaly sea vegetables....

:rolleyes: :mad:

I always say 'fish, is it an animal, vegetable or a mineral?' people often look puzzled.... :confused:

snivelingchild
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I always thought the word "seafood" was so odd. I'd consider things like algae and kelp to be seafood! :)

ChocolatBlanc
Apr 26th, 2005, 06:06 AM
I was listening to the radio this morning, and someone on the station said something that REALLY bugged me. It was something along the lines of "I usually eat vegetarian, no beef, no chicken, just fish. But that's because I won't eat anything that smiles. If it smiles, I won't eat it! (annoying chuckles and laughter)"

UGH!! :mad: :mad: it seems like he was trying to say that he'd eat anything if he doesn't picture it suffering! (that's rather more difficult with fish...) And perhaps fish don't smile, but I also can't recall the last time a chicken grinned at me. Grrr, some people on the radio.... have to put up with them between songs....

Hmm, yes fish, those strange scaly sea vegetables.... hahahahahaha! Neptunes_Girl!..... :D :D :D

gertvegan
May 1st, 2005, 05:48 PM
I’ve gone vegetarian now. I mean, I know I had a sausage roll yesterday, but it's not really meat, is it, y'know? I mean, there's no animal called a 'sausage'.

Our Janine, The Fast Show

greenworlds
May 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
When people say things like u'l die from not eating meat u just know they r being stubborn. They know they r wrong, because hello as u said u r sittin right there but they just end up spouting out crap and going off the subject just because they dont wana admit they r wrong. And i swear i remember reading somewhere about parts of the bible that says animals are not made 4 us, which they r not ofcourse. I mean jesus christ (literally) the old/new testament which ever 1 it is (as u can tell im not exactly a big bible reader) but i know that it says things like when a woman gives birth she and everything she touches is unclean until a certain time, but get this, if she has a girl its unclean longer.Hard to explain, but read some of the bible cos then ul realise that some of it is actually bullocks. But there r some moral bits lol and included in there is that animals should also be treated fairly. As indeed they r all gods creatures!!

Hi I'm not sure if anyone else has given this answer as I havn't read all the posts yet. I usually answer to any one that says the bible says animals were put here for our use for food etc...I tell them it says the opposite. In Genesis, in the sixth day 1-26 ( on the first or second page of the bible) it says the fruit bearing seeds across the face of the whole earth are given to us for food. and the green plants are given to all the animals..be it birds, fish, mammels etc.. it says to everything with the breath of life in it that should be ours for food. I have found a lot of english speaking christian do not understand plain lanuage, for some it takes time to unblock what they have previously thought. They argue later on the bibles says it's ok to eat meat ,which it does, I say to them...if you believe in god..wouldn't it be best to live as was first intended as near to the eden diet as possible as it clearly says not even animals should eat animals in the beginning. Food for thought anyway

greenworlds
May 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
I went to a "vegetarian" restaurant last night (that it turns out serves beef chicken, fish....) and the waitress says to me, "The honey-dijon dressing is vegan--except it has mayonnaise. But just the tiniest bit."

There are just so many things wrong with that.... :(

What I find annoying is 'veganism has been around for over sixty yrs now ( in modern times at least) and so many ppl in catering..cooks, restaurant workers, food shops etc etc don't fully understand even the basic principals of veganism. Some even vegetarianism!! I think if they are to work in places that sell food a basic understanding foods should be taught first , surely!!! :confused:

kriz
May 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Yes, and it would be a lot easier for restaurants to have vegan items on the menu instead og just vegetarian. This way they can also accommondate lacto intolerant people too, and would be able to satisfy 3 different categories of "eaters". Why is this so hard to understand? It's a lot easier than the fat- free and low-carb stuff if you ask me. :p

Artichoke47
Jun 28th, 2005, 03:19 AM
"I didn't make it to the top of the food chain for nothing," overheard by Mr. Artichoke by someone we now fondly refer to as "Food Chain" and laugh hysterically, trying to picture him getting his meals in a way other than going to the grocery store and picking up a package of flesh or pus.

Peas'nHominy
Jun 28th, 2005, 03:27 AM
From my fellow Christian friends who are trying to show that they accept me anyway: "Well, no one should look down on you for being weak" (as in I'm weak spiritually because I'm vegan). :rolleyes:

Then there's "meat is good for you".

And I can't EVER complain about being tired. Even if I only got 4 hours sleep the night before, folks say "Well, of course you are tired dear. You need meat."

Wut evah.

tails4wagging
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Classic remark to me was 'You look to well to be a vegan'. This was said by a staff nurse at a hosp, when I was a patient last year.

Seaside
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Look Here (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3024) Cryospark :)